5.3 Guardian Bear

Felt it may be worthy of a new topic, since there are no 5.3 bear threads, and this macro is a fair bit different from the other macros I’ve seen on this forum.

The below macro is messy looking, and could probably be optimized a little more, but right now it seems to function almost flawlessly for me, and achieve what many other people have been using multiple macros to achieve based on different situations.

#showtooltip Mangle
/castsequence [combat,noform:1]Bear Form(Shapeshift);[stealth]Pounce,null
/castsequence [mod]Faerie Fire;[form:1,combat]reset=combat Faerie Fire,null
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,!Mangle
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,!Mangle
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,!Mangle
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,!Mangle
/castsequence reset=3 Lacerate,Thrash,Lacerate,Faerie Fire,Lacerate,Thrash,Lacerate
/use Maul
/castsequence !Savage Defense,Maul
/use [combat,form:1]!Enrage
/use 13
/use 14
/use Wild Charge
/use [noform:3,nostealth]Prowl
/startattack [nostealth]

The mangle lines look a little sloppy, but I’ve found that adding more mangle lines smoothed out my ability to have a single touch macro that “always” fired mangle when it was off cooldown. Mangle on cooldown, even when it proc’s, is something I’ve found hard to do in a one-button macro without the macro sometimes prioritizing other spells over mangle.

Basically, the macro spams the Noxxic bear single target rotation almost perfectly. Mangle, then stacking lacerate, maintains thrash and faerie fire, keeps up savage defense as much as possible, mauls usually on cooldown, or once every savage defense cycle as to not impact your rage to much to interfere with savage defense.

Even worked in the cat form opener, and added stealth tags to things to make sure if you are stealthed, you will get off your pounce. (I prefer pounce myself, as I’m not always able to get behind the target for ravage while tanking, resulting in sometimes taking a hit while in cat form.)

So far, in multiple 10 min target dummy tests, it will mangle on cooldown 99.9% of the time, only ever not casting mangle if its just barely on cooldown, and there is another spell ready to be cast, but I’ve never had an instance of mangle being up, and it casting another ability instead.

Would appreciate further testing and feedback. ^-^

hey there Wess,

Im finally getting back to wow (hopefully) after a 2 month hiatus here shortly and i’ll give it a try on my bear in a few days if no one else has tried it and given any feedback before me.

Honestly i don’t like this macro. SD never goes off and maul burns up all the rage. I also would like to see swipe in there for those aoe pulls. Mangle does go off on every proc and CD.

The maul problem was actually an error of me leaving in the extra /maul line from my dummy testing, sorry. >.<

#showtooltip Mangle
/castsequence reset=3 Lacerate,Thrash,Lacerate,Faerie Fire,Lacerate,Thrash,Lacerate
/use 13
/use 14
/use Wild Charge
/startattack [nocombat,nostealth]
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

The updated macro, I also tossed in a error text clearing script, haven’t played WoW in a bit, forgot that command existed till just a little bit ago. (I also took out the cat form opener, I found it to be more of a liability then it was a benefit.)

As for the swipe line, I wouldn’t dream of putting it in a single target rotation macro, you should defiantly use a separate macro for AoE situations. Mine I am using still tweaking:

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=0.5 1,2,Mangle
/castsequence reset=0.5 1,Thrash
/castsequence Swipe
/cast Enrage
/use 13
/use 14
/use !Maul
/use Frenzied Regeneration
/cast Wild Charge
/startattack [nocombat,nostealth]

This macro however skips lacerate stacking on your main target, which is a slight problem. The reason being, that if you go from the AoE macro to the single target macro in the same encounter, and your AoE macro locked up lacerate, you wont be able to use the single target macro until lacerate is off cooldown, I’m currently working on an answer for this that will likely change the syntax for both macros to work harmoniously, I know a fix must exist. >.<

This macro works great, actually. I manually hit the procs, but very decent. My only problem is that my DPS seems VERY low. I pull about 50k in ToT 10 man. Anyone else getting low numbers? I’m using the edit version here with macro toolkit. Thanks in advance for the help.

[quote quote=7048]Felt it may be worthy of a new topic, since there are no 5.3 bear threads, and this macro is a fair bit different from the other macros I’ve seen on this forum.

The below macro is messy looking, and could probably be optimized a little more, but right now it seems to function almost flawlessly for me, and achieve what many other people have been using multiple macros to achieve based on different situations.

#showtooltip Mangle
/castsequence [combat,noform:1]Bear Form(Shapeshift);[stealth]Pounce,null
/use Maul
/use 13
/use 14
/use Wild Charge
/use [noform:3,nostealth]Prowl
/startattack [nostealth]

The mangle lines look a little sloppy, but I’ve found that adding more mangle lines smoothed out my ability to have a single touch macro that “always” fired mangle when it was off cooldown. Mangle on cooldown, even when it proc’s, is something I’ve found hard to do in a one-button macro without the macro sometimes prioritizing other spells over mangle.

Basically, the macro spams the Noxxic bear single target rotation almost perfectly. Mangle, then stacking lacerate, maintains thrash and faerie fire, keeps up savage defense as much as possible, mauls usually on cooldown, or once every savage defense cycle as to not impact your rage to much to interfere with savage defense.

Even worked in the cat form opener, and added stealth tags to things to make sure if you are stealthed, you will get off your pounce. (I prefer pounce myself, as I’m not always able to get behind the target for ravage while tanking, resulting in sometimes taking a hit while in cat form.)

So far, in multiple 10 min target dummy tests, it will mangle on cooldown 99.9% of the time, only ever not casting mangle if its just barely on cooldown, and there is another spell ready to be cast, but I’ve never had an instance of mangle being up, and it casting another ability instead.

Would appreciate further testing and feedback. ^-^
[/quote]

Is there anyway to make this macro always start with mangle instead of lacerate but also not delay lacerate, thrash and faerie fire if mangle is on cooldown after using a proc?

The reason i ask is because in pvp as feral bear using mangle before lacerate as an opener is vital for burst incase you get a mangle proc from lacerate afterwards. Im just trying to maximize mangle procs for burst in pvp.

Been trying to get this macro to work for days but i dunno if its possible. Thanks

Hello Stephen I could give you a possible solution but is energy dependent. Is by modifying the second sequence and it should look like this:

/castsequence [mod]Faerie Fire;[form:1,combat]reset=target Mangle,Faerie Fire,null

In theory it should fire Mangle before anything else, but it will lockup if it does not have the energy necessary to cast the spell. I have not tested this, just writing how I think it would look like. I hope it works how you want it.

[quote quote=9831]Hello Stephen I could give you a possible solution but is energy dependent. Is by modifying the second sequence and it should look like this:

/castsequence [mod]Faerie Fire;[form:1,combat]reset=target Mangle,Faerie Fire,null

In theory it should fire Mangle before anything else, but it will lockup if it does not have the energy necessary to cast the spell. I have not tested this, just writing how I think it would look like. I hope it works how you want it.
[/quote]

It worked! I can’t thank you enough. I have been trying to get this to work for ages but now i understand where i was going wrong completely and feel really silly now ha ha. Thanks a lot man, appreciate it!

Here are my Tanking macros. They both seem to work well other than my TPS seem to be lower than i want for raids. Tell me what you guys think.

Single target:

#showtooltip Lacerate
/castsequence [@player,combat]reset=0.3 0,0,0,Cenarion Ward
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Enrage
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Mangle
/castsequence reset=target Lacerate,Thrash,Lacerate,Faerie Fire
/use [combat]Barkskin
/use [combat]Berserk
/use [combat]Might of Ursoc
/use [combat]Nature's Vigil
/use [combat]Survival Instincts
/use Wild Charge
/use [nostance:1]Bear Form
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/use [combat]Lifeblood
/castsequence Savage Defense,Savage Defense,Frenzied Regeneration
/startattack
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]

Aoe:

#showtooltip Lacerate
/castsequence [@player,combat]reset=0.3 0,0,Cenarion Ward
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Enrage
/castsequence reset=combat Swipe,Thrash,Swipe,Mangle
/use [combat]Barkskin
/use [combat]Berserk
/use [combat]Might of Ursoc
/use [combat]Nature's Vigil
/use [combat]Renewal
/use [combat]Survival Instincts
/use Wild Charge
/use [noform:1]Bear Form
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/use [combat]Lifeblood
/castsequence Savage Defense,Savage Defense,Frenzied Regeneration
/startattack

Really would love some feedback on this TPS issue i feel im having.
thanks

For the record i didnt write the above macros, i copied them from here but cant find where.

Here, Molkiloke. Try these out and see if they work for you. I have been raiding ToT. It keeps Savage defense up at 3 stacks with everything else always on CD. I use Maul manually with Tooth and Nail procs. And I also use Frenzied Regeneration manually so, I can a) keep my rage in check and 2) make sure I use it with DoC whenever possible. Oh, and as for your threat, I would suggest gemming/reforging crit because there really isn’t a threat problem with your macro (just a guess).

Single Target

#showtooltip 
/cast [noform] !Bear Form 
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,9,10,Faerie Swarm,null /castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,Thrash 
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,Lacerate 
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,Mangle 
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,Mangle! 
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,2,3,4,5,Savage Defense 
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,2,3,4,Berserk 
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,2,3,Enrage 
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,2,Barkskin 
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,Mangle! 
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,Mangle 
/castsequence reset=3 Lacerate, Mangle, Lacerate 
/console autounshift 0 
/use Healing Touch 
/console autounshift 1 
/use Disorienting Roar 
/cast Skull Bash 
/cast Wild Charge 
/startattack 

AoE

#showtooltip 
/castsequence reset=target Faerie Swarm,null 
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,Savage Defense 
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,Mangle 
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,2,3,4,5,Berserk 
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,2,3,4,Mangle! 
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,2,3,Barkskin 
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,2,Swipe 
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,Thrash 
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,Swipe 
/castsequence reset=target Mangle,Thrash 
/console autounshift 0 
/use Healing Touch 
/console autounshift 1 
/use Disorienting Roar 
/startattack 

[quote quote=9956]Here, Molkiloke. Try these out and see if they work for you. I have been raiding ToT. It keeps Savage defense up at 3 stacks with everything else always on CD. I use Maul manually with Tooth and Nail procs. And I also use Frenzied Regeneration manually so, I can a) keep my rage in check and 2) make sure I use it with DoC whenever possible. Oh, and as for your threat, I would suggest gemming/reforging crit because there really isn’t a threat problem with your macro (just a guess).

Single Target

#showtooltip 
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,9,10,Faerie Swarm,null /castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,Thrash 
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,Lacerate 
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,Mangle 
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,Mangle! 
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,2,3,4,5,Savage Defense 
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,2,3,4,Berserk 
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,2,3,Enrage 
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,2,Barkskin 
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,Mangle! 
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,Mangle 
/castsequence reset=3 Lacerate, Mangle, Lacerate 
/console autounshift 0 
/use Healing Touch 
/console autounshift 1 
/use Disorienting Roar 
/cast Skull Bash 
/cast Wild Charge 
/startattack 

AoE

#showtooltip 
/castsequence reset=target Faerie Swarm,null 
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,Savage Defense 
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,Mangle 
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,2,3,4,5,Berserk 
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,2,3,4,Mangle! 
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,2,3,Barkskin 
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,2,Swipe 
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,1,Thrash 
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,Swipe 
/castsequence reset=target Mangle,Thrash 
/console autounshift 0 
/use Healing Touch 
/console autounshift 1 
/use Disorienting Roar 
/startattack 

[/quote]

These macros dont work for crap. I just tested them out and I’m almost in all 522 gear and single target was doing 20k, aoe target macro was like 35k, keep on trying there tiger. Someone does need to come up with a good one for us bear tanks though. All the posts of macros that don’t work really don’t help anyone.

Nothing personal,

Thanks…

When you are demeaning and belittling at the same time it’s quite hard not to take your comment as anything but personal because you made it as such. I apologize for being one of the few to actually reach out to you when you asked for help. And as per your suggestion I will stop posting macros that do not work for you, but I suggest you take a bit of your own advice as yours does not work well for you either. I will cease the derailment of your thread any further as I do not want to upset your tender sensibilities nor incur your internet wrath. You may post as you please but I will do us both a favor and ignore any further response from you, champ. Good luck.

@Abeyance, thanks for the macro, the only problem i have is i can’t get any macro that is longer than 5-6 /castsequences to work. Are you using a program to help you click faster? Any ways thanks for the reply.

@Jeff Ross, i agree with Abeyance, no need at all to bash someones work. Not helpful at all! You try to write a macro sir. its not easy.

None of these recent macros work, all they do is repeatedly cast Faerie Swarm and auto attack.

Abeyances’ above macro does indeed work but I found it a bit bulky for my latency. Just wondering why the Healing Touch lines are there? Only reason I see is if you talented Nature’s Swiftness for that 1 use per minute. It’s not a bad idea.

Barkskin and Berserk have no need for the reset=0.6 1,2,3 format so taking them to the bottom frees up those slots a great deal, Also why are there so many Mangles? I took out all but one and it still works fine.

Also wondering about even talenting into Disorienting Roar, it sort of defeats the purpose it going off then breaking it immediately due to the rotation. I found Mighty Bash to be a lot more useful.

So all in all a great macro - here is my take on Abeyances macro - I use the rage (crit) build and personally don’t like Savage Defense being in a macro - I much prefer to use it only when I know big damage is coming and save my rage for F Regen. I also put in a mod for Maul (hold alt) This macro did 74k dps steady on the 3 dummies so it is not a reflection on true single target dps. Playing around I got up to 80k dps sustained ilvl 530 gear. Talents are 3,1,1.2.3.2```
/castsequence [mod]Maul;reset=3 Lacerate,Mangle,Lacerate
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,0,0,0,Thrash
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,0,0,Mangle
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,0,Faerie Swarm
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,Savage Defense
/castsequence reset=0.6 Enrage
/cast [combat]Barkskin
/cast [combat]Berserk
/cast Wild Charge
/startattack

For me the main castsequence doesn't work down the bottom so put it up top. Another thing I changed was put Thrash up the top priority and now it's up-time is drastically improved.