5.4.2 Disc Priest PW:S / Smite Macro

[quote quote=12293]Try putting

/castsequence reset=0.3/target 0,0,0,0,0,Shadow Word: Pain,null

as the FIRST line in your macro.

It should always cast shadow word pain once per target. You can add a [mod] command and a dropthrough if you need to recast it.

The five 0,s are just my assumption about how many lines you actually have in your macro – alter to flavour :)

Hope this helps.
[/quote]

Once again that helps :smiley:
Okay So I have added in Penance no that I have found out about the [nochanneling]. I also got Shadow Word: Death to work. Shadow Word: Pain is working. But only casts it 1 time per target no matter what. Unless I click off and click back on.

Only thing the macro needs now I think is getting Shadow Word: Pain to reset when its done after 17sec. the reset=19/target doesnt seem to be working for the 19 part.

/targetenemy [dead][noharm][noexists]
/target focus
/castsequence [nochanneling] [nopet,harm][nopet,target=targettarget,harm] reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,Shadowfiend
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target/19 0,0,0,0,0,0,Shadow Word: Pain,null
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Power Word: Solace
/castsequence [nochanneling] [@targettarget,help]reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Prayer of Mending
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=0.3 0,0,0,Penance
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=0.3 0,0,Divine Star
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=0.3 0,Shadow Word: Death
/castsequence [nochanneling] Smite
/castsequence [nochanneling][@targettarget,help]Power Word: Shield
/castsequence [nochanneling][@focustarget,help]Power Word: Shield
/castsequence [nochanneling][@player,help]Power Word: Shield
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=0.3 Inner Focus
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=0.3 Spirit Shell
/use [nochanneling] 13
/use [nochanneling] 14
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=0.3 Archangel

First of all…Wow!

I am kind of amazed that anything much is working here. Most people find that a macro has powers that never fire once it get past about 7-9 lines. If you have this working, using all powers correctly, more power to you! Long macro’s are usally problematic.

The line:

could be changed to:

/castsequence [nochanneling][mod]Shadow Word: Pain;[nochanneling] reset=target 0,0,0,0,0,0,Shadow Word: Pain,null

This means that if you press ANY modifier key (shift, control, alt) it will cast the first part of the line, otherwise it will “fall through” to the second part. This means that if you want it to recast Shadow Word: Pain you press a mod key while spamming your normal button. Simple huh?

One word of caution though. The mod keys are bound by default to other keybinds and if you want to use this ability you will have to remove the default keybinds ctrl-1 is already bound to something else - I forget what as I have removed it from my own UI.

[quote quote=12328]First of all…Wow!

I am kind of amazed that anything much is working here. Most people find that a macro has powers that never fire once it get past about 7-9 lines. If you have this working, using all powers correctly, more power to you! Long macro’s are usally problematic.

The line:

could be changed to:

/castsequence [nochanneling][mod]Shadow Word: Pain;[nochanneling] reset=target 0,0,0,0,0,0,Shadow Word: Pain,null

This means that if you press ANY modifier key (shift, control, alt) it will cast the first part of the line, otherwise it will “fall through” to the second part. This means that if you want it to recast Shadow Word: Pain you press a mod key while spamming your normal button. Simple huh?

One word of caution though. The mod keys are bound by default to other keybinds and if you want to use this ability you will have to remove the default keybinds ctrl-1 is already bound to something else – I forget what as I have removed it from my own UI.
[/quote]

Hey thanks a lot :smiley: helps so much!
I’ve got it working pretty good now. This macro does fully work. It does cast all of it on rotation when CD is up.
I took out my Shadowfiend … and added Pain Suppression to targettarget.

Shadowfiend stopped working when I added Pain Suppression, or maybe it was the Shadow Word: Pain. I figure its not wise to have shadowfiend in the macro … It casts it right away Id like to choose when to use. I liked it in the macro because it used it as many times as possible. Always a plus.

I also took out my trinkets, I got an upgrade and no longer need to cast them.

/targetenemy [dead][noharm][noexists]
/tar focus
/castsequence [mod]Shadow Word: Pain; [nochanneling]reset=target 0,0,0,0,0,0,Shadow Word: Pain,null
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Prayer of Mending
/castsequence [nochanneling][@targettarget,help]reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Power Word: Solace
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,0,Penance
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,0,Divine Star
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 0,Shadow Word: Death
/castsequence [nochanneling]Smite
/castsequence [nochanneling][@targettarget,help]Power Word: Shield
/castsequence [@targettarget,help][nochanneling]Pain Suppression
/castsequence [nochanneling][@focustarget,help]Power Word: Shield
/castsequence [nochanneling][@player,help]Power Word: Shield
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 Inner Focus
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 Spirit Shell
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=0.3 Archangel

This macro eats your mana alive. I have not tested this new version in raids. If I can manage my mana this macro should be great.

Any Suggestions?

BTW when I first wanted to make this macro. Literally all I wanted was to cast Power Word: Shield with my smite. At the time I had no idea a macro could do all of this. I wanna say thanks to everyone that helped! I’m going to Disneyland with my winnings!