6.0.2 Marksman Macro's (no-addons required)

I started a new thread for this because
these macros fit under the 255 character limit.
They are easy to modify to your needs and for
me they are working VERY WELL! Enjoy!!
Concussive shot is optional,remove it if you want.
My talents are 1,3,3,3,2,1

Single target:

#showtooltip steady shot
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/petattack [@target,harm]
/castsequence [harm]reset=5 Concussive Shot,Chimaera Shot,Glaive Toss,Steady Shot,Steady shot,Aimed Shot,steady shot,aimed shot,steady shot
/Use rapid fire
/cast kill shot

Multi-Target:

#showtooltip multi-shot
/castsequence [harm]reset=5 multi-shot, multi-shot, multi-shot,multi-shot,steady shot
/Use rapid fire
/cast [harm]kill shot

Im using Autohotkey to spam the keys,less work on your finger:
I have the single target macro on key 3,
The Multi-shot macro on key 4.
Autohotkey script looks like this:

#ifWinActive World of Warcraft
{
$3::
Loop
{
if not GetKeyState(“3”, “P”)
break
Send 3
sleep 1
}
return
$4::
Loop
{
if not GetKeyState(“4”, “P”)
break
Send 4
sleep 1
}
return
}

I’m just starting to play MM because of the new patch, otherwise I was always SV or BM. I find this to be the best single target macro so far that works for me. My dps with this went up to 7500 from my macro with 6500 dps. Doesn’t seem like much but it’s definitely helped out. Going to try the multi target on mobs cause one 1 dummy it only registers around 5k dps.

[quote quote=16624]#showtooltip multi-shot
/castsequence [harm]reset=5 multi-shot, multi-shot, multi-shot,multi-shot,steady shot
/Use rapid fire
/cast [harm]kill shot[/quote]

Where are you finding that single target level 90 dummy? I’m alliance and the ones I can find are surrounded by other dummies and I get AOE damage mixed with single.

I was going to the Pandarian location. I managed to get in some time with no one around. Plus I checked my meters and no aoe was added to my meters from other people.

Hi Fireone,

I tested your macros on level 90 dummy and its worked really fine.

Burst = 17-19k
Maintains = 8-9k

Thank you,

Ethan

Your Welcome Guys, ive been coming here and finding useful macros. Im happy I could contribute back. :slight_smile:

What glyphs are you using?

I am using Animal Bond,Chimaera shot, and Black ice.

Im looking forward to getting the level 100 talents. I think Lone wolf will be a great raiding talent IMO.Cant wait!

ok so i’m doing this and i’m getting like 8k burst and 6k maintained. An my I lvl is 574. Is it my gear score? or are you guys showing your numbers from a actual raid?

I spammed the single target one on the level 90 dummy in Shrine for 10 minutes. Burst hit just over 18k, sustained right around 10k. Gear ilvl 570, using crit-buff wolf pet. No food, flask or raid buffs for the test.

Havent tried it in an actual raid as of yet, but will try that today in SoO and see what comes of it.

See that just makes me wanna cry i’m spamming the same macro on the single target for 10 mins with food a flask and the wolf buff and all i can get is 10k burst with 8k sustained and my gear score is 574 :frowning: Not sure what i’m doing wrong.

[quote quote=17020]See that just makes me wanna cry i’m spamming the same macro on the single target for 10 mins with food a flask and the wolf buff and all i can get is 10k burst with 8k sustained and my gear score is 574 :( Not sure what i’m doing wrong.
[/quote]

It could be the change of stats and gemming that blizz has incorporated. I have to re-gem also,Hunters favor a lot more crit now.

[quote quote=17020]See that just makes me wanna cry i’m spamming the same macro on the single target for 10 mins with food a flask and the wolf buff and all i can get is 10k burst with 8k sustained and my gear score is 574 :( Not sure what i’m doing wrong.
[/quote]

I’m assuming since your 574, you have the legendary cloak. This is giving you AoE damage… Where are you testing single target damage?

i was testing it on the raid dummy in ogrimar. An yes i have my cloak. I regemed also and my cloak seems to proc less then when had my origional gems from before 6.0.2

I had to change the Multi-Shot Macro slightly, I found it was focus starved after a while. It looks
like this now:

#showtooltip multi-shot
/Use rapid fire
/castsequence [harm]reset=5 multi-shot,multi-shot,multi-shot,steady shot,multi-shot,steady shot
/cast [harm]kill shot

[quote quote=17136]I had to change the Multi-Shot Macro slightly, I found it was focus starved after a while. It looks
like this now:

#showtooltip multi-shot
/Use rapid fire
/castsequence [harm]reset=5 multi-shot,multi-shot,multi-shot,steady shot,multi-shot,steady shot
/cast [harm]kill shot

[/quote]
Are you using Glaive Toss or Barrage on a different key?

@Kaysersoze: I don’t use either in the Multi-Shot because I found it interferes when switching back to the single target macro.That im afraid just goes hand in hand with the current state of macroing.

Also FYI, Im working on a better Single target macro that im testing.So far so good, im testing to see how the numbers and focus plays out with it. Here it is if you guys want to try it out:

#showtooltip steady shot
/Use rapid fire
/castsequence reset=10 Aimed Shot,Steady Shot, Steady Shot,Aimed Shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot
/castsequence reset=5 !Chimaera Shot,!Glaive Toss
/cast kill shot

[quote quote=17139]@Kaysersoze: I don’t use either in the Multi-Shot because I found it interferes when switching back to the single target macro.That im afraid just goes hand in hand with the current state of macroing.

Also FYI, Im working on a better Single target macro that im testing.So far so good, im testing to see how the numbers and focus plays out with it. Here it is if you guys want to try it out:

#showtooltip steady shot
/Use rapid fire
/castsequence reset=10 Aimed Shot,Steady Shot, Steady Shot,Aimed Shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot
/castsequence reset=5 !Chimaera Shot,!Glaive Toss
/cast kill shot

[/quote]
Tested a couple times for about 5min each. About a 1k dps loss compared to the other macro. Its not firing off Chimaera Shot instantly or Glaive Toss. It gets to them but its not hitting them as soon as off cooldown so a little dps loss.

[quote quote=17143]/cast kill shot

Tested a couple times for about 5min each. About a 1k dps loss compared to the other macro. Its not firing off Chimaera Shot instantly or Glaive Toss. It gets to them but its not hitting them as soon as off cooldown so a little dps loss.[/quote]

Im trying it this way because I found in situations when there is alot of haste (Heroism+RapidFire+Trinket proc.etc…),the first macro may find itself waiting for a cooldown to finish because it blows through the rotation so fast. With the second macro, this limitation is not there(Something is still being cast.). That’s why it may be a dps gain for some. For me I have a much bigger burst on my Geared Hunter vs my Not so geared Hunter. I haven’t tested it in Raid yet either with all the buffs. But anyways, I noticed a MUCH bigger burst from the second macro. It probably just depends on different gear,gemming,enchants,etc… :stuck_out_tongue: Keep me posted on your results! Teamwork!