A little question to verify how it works

First, i readed all other posts and didnt find what im looking for.
Just a question.
If i create a template with 3 blocks like this one:

• block1 -action block- spell1
  • block2 -loop block- sequence- loop limit 1-
    spell2
    spell3
    spell4
  • block3 -action block- spell5

what this will make/try ?:
a) spell1, spell2, spell5, spell1, spell3, spell5, spell1, spell4, spell5 and starts again
b) spell1, spell2, spell3, spell4, spell5 and starts again

thanks in advance

okey, i have just test with /say1 etc instead of spells and found that the answer is that works like option b)

So, block3 will work in a similar way to the old postmacro box and will be done every time after the main body (loop block); but block 1 will not work as the old premacro as it will be not done just once.

What i wonder now is why you would want to put blocks outside the loop block if the final result is the same that if you put spell1 and spell 5 inside the loop in the apropiate order.
Also with five action blocks one with each spell, will bring out the same result that a loop block sequencial with the five spells
I am missing something?

The only thing i can imagine is that if you have a loop block but with priority execution and you want some spells to go outside that priority order is when you use action blocks outside the loop block.
Is that the key?
Or is about to add a bit more frecuency to a specific spell that is also inside the loop block?

The short answer is it depends on what you are trying to do.

Some macros want to do a few things to setup and then do another set for a longer period of time. Eg I want to setup say hunters mark but I don’t want to do that again for another 15 seconds. So you put hunters mark in and then add a loop.

Now the way that loop executes via the “Step Function” and number of repeats will change how that section of the macro works. If you leave it as sequential with a repeat of 1 you may as well not have a loop. Changing just the repeat well it will just run that loop x times before going back to what’s outside. Priority and reverse priority play around with the mathematical probability that some spells will be tried more than others within a loops section. Random will do … something.

I’d have a look at GSE3: Advanced Loop Step Functions Priority and Reverse Priority · TimothyLuke/GSE-Advanced-Macro-Compiler Wiki · GitHub and Understanding castsequence · TimothyLuke/GSE-Advanced-Macro-Compiler Wiki · GitHub as the will add a lot of context as to how these things work together.

1 Like