A Veng DH Macro for you

Hi,

This one its a little sticky at times not to sure why atm but see what you think.

Sequences['Vengeance'] = {
specID = 581,
author = "Mixture",
helpTxt = "Talents 2123111",
StepFunction = GSStaticPriority,
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/use Draenic Agility Potion
]],
"/cast !Soul Carver",
"/cast Sigil of Flame",
"/cast !Immolation Aura",
"/cast Soul Cleave",
"/cast Fel Devastation",
"/cast Shear",
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat] !Fiery Brand
/use [combat] !Demon Spikes
/use [combat] !Empower Wards
]],
}

Currently 844 ilvl on live w/ 2 major artifact traits unlocked. For 5 man mythics/heroic farming the talents you want to use are 2,3,3,1,2,1,1

Tier 1 Agonizing flames is the only talent of value

Tier 2 The heal of Feast of soul’s is laughable when I have over 2.6m hp 122,525 over 6 sec’s really? lol. Fallout is only of value maybe at low gear while leveling. I still used Burning Alive while leveling. Burning alive is the only talent of value in this tier.

Tier 3 Its either Felblade or Fel Eruption. I typically use Fel Eruption for the stun w/ a low pain cost. Certain bosses don’t work well with Felblade. Either way Flame Crash is a joke don’t use it. I’ve said it before Sigel’s are not to be in a macro under any circumstance. They are designed in such a way where you need to use seperate keys for them.

Tier 4 Is either Feed the Demon (my main 1 i use which reduces the cd on Demon Spikes by 1 sec for each soul fragment you consume or Soul Rending for the leech. personally I use 1 both are viable. Fracture is a joke w/ a 40 pain cost till you significantly out gear the content.

Tier 5 is only a choice between Sigil of Chains (the go to for any 5 main mythic+ content for the snare) or Quickened Sigils for solo content.

Tier 6 Fel Devastation is your only choice here. It’s the DH version of Breath of sigragosa which DK’s lost. This has a 30 Pain cost. Use it on a seperate key-bind only and typically on large trash pack pulls. The dps and hps it pulls is amazing.

Tier 7 Last Resort is your only choice here for 5 man content. For Raiding Nether Bond may be a viable option.

For current macro’s I’m using and have cleared all mythic’s except for Sur ones still working on rep since I took a few days to level alts taking away grinding time on my Dh main. I have 2 options for you to try out.

Sequences["LegionDH"] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		limit = limit % #macros + 1
		step = 1
	else
		step = step % #macros + 1
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
]],
"/cast Shear",
"/cast Empower Wards",
"/cast !Soul Carver",
"/cast !Fel Eruption",
"/cast !Felblade",
PostMacro = [[
/cast Immolation Aura
/cast Fiery Brand
/cast Fel Eruption
/cast Felblade
/cast Demon Spikes
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
]],
}

Sequences["LegVengDH"] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		limit = limit % #macros + 1
		step = 1
	else
		step = step % #macros + 1
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/cast Demon Spikes
]],
[[/cast Shear]],
[[/cast Immolation Aura]],
[[/cast Soul Carver]],
[[/cast Felblade]],
[[/cast Fel Eruption]],
[[/cast Empower Wards]],
PostMacro = [[
/cast Soul Carver
/cast Immolation Aura
/cast Felblade
/cast Fiery Brand
/cast Fel Eruption
/cast Demon Spikes
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
]],
}

Both are non-gs-e. Just regular GS.

Just linked Mix’s code from above. Going to try it out.

specID = 581,
author = "Mixture",
helpTxt = "Talents 2123111",
PreMacro = [[
]],
"/cast !Soul Carver",
"/cast Sigil of Flame",
"/cast Soul Cleave",
"/cast Fel Devastation",
"/cast Shear",
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat] !Fiery Brand
/use [combat] !Demon Spikes
/use [combat] !Empower Wards
]],
}

What’s the difference between both macros, I mean the one with [] and the one without []?

Hello, I’m seeing in the above macros Exclamation mark (!) In macros GS-E is working for you guys? because for me does not work every time I place and save the macro it disappears, I have to set something to work?

There is no real difference for the different syntax used. Personal preference to using ' and " to [[ ]]
Using the square brackets keeps the macro standard so you dont need to change your quotations for abilities that have an apostrophe.

The only difference i can see in the 2 macros above are priorities. Some have been moved higher or lower.

[quote quote=33163]Hello, I’m seeing in the above macros Exclamation mark (!) In macros GS-E is working for you guys? because for me does not work every time I place and save the macro it disappears, I have to set something to work?
[/quote]

! used to be used to set priority of an ability to fire off before anything else. Doesn’t really work anymore so there is no real need to have it. By not using it you’re not missing out on anything. If you need to set a higher priority of an ability then you place it higher up in the macro.

discover the problem … is the language I’m from Brazil, my language in the game is Portuguese Brazil so the! does not work when switched to English language worked good

sigil should be used manually and never put into a macro fyi

@somenoob Is this still useable or has it changed with the release of EN?

I think the problem most people are having is with this line:

"/cast !Soul Carver",

Soul Carver is not triggering. You will find that if you create a regular macro and then open your spell book and shift+click to add the ability to your macro it actually shows like this for example:

/cast Soul Carver(Artifact)

So you will need to change that line in this macro to look like this:

"/cast Soul Carver(Artifact)",

You can remove the exclamation point. It’s not needed.

[quote quote=33967]@somenoob Is this still useable or has it changed with the release of EN?
[/quote]

I am still using it at iL845 / 877 artifact, doing Mythics, works ok. Haven’t anything else that works ok like this one.

[quote quote=33012]Currently 844 ilvl on live w/ 2 major artifact traits unlocked. For 5 man mythics/heroic farming the talents you want to use are 2,3,3,1,2,1,1
Tier 1 Agonizing flames is the only talent of value
Tier 2 The heal of Feast of soul’s is laughable when I have over 2.6m hp 122,525 over 6 sec’s really? lol. Fallout is only of value maybe at low gear while leveling. I still used Burning Alive while leveling. Burning alive is the only talent of value in this tier.
Tier 3 Its either Felblade or Fel Eruption. I typically use Fel Eruption for the stun w/ a low pain cost. Certain bosses don’t work well with Felblade. Either way Flame Crash is a joke don’t use it. I’ve said it before Sigel’s are not to be in a macro under any circumstance. They are designed in such a way where you need to use seperate keys for them.
Tier 4 Is either Feed the Demon (my main 1 i use which reduces the cd on Demon Spikes by 1 sec for each soul fragment you consume or Soul Rending for the leech. personally I use 1 both are viable. Fracture is a joke w/ a 40 pain cost till you significantly out gear the content.
Tier 5 is only a choice between Sigil of Chains (the go to for any 5 main mythic+ content for the snare) or Quickened Sigils for solo content.
Tier 6 Fel Devastation is your only choice here. It’s the DH version of Breath of sigragosa which DK’s lost. This has a 30 Pain cost. Use it on a seperate key-bind only and typically on large trash pack pulls. The dps and hps it pulls is amazing.
Tier 7 Last Resort is your only choice here for 5 man content. For Raiding Nether Bond may be a viable option.
For current macro’s I’m using and have cleared all mythic’s except for Sur ones still working on rep since I took a few days to level alts taking away grinding time on my Dh main. I have 2 options for you to try out.

<table class="crayon-table"><tbody><tr class="crayon-row"><td class="crayon-nums " data-settings="show">
</td><td class="crayon-code">
<span class="crayon-v">Sequences</span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-s">"LegionDH"</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-v">StepFunction</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">[[</span>
<span class="crayon-s"> limit = limit or 1</span>
<span class="crayon-s"> if step == limit then</span>
<span class="crayon-s"> limit = limit % #macros + 1</span>
<span class="crayon-s"> step = 1</span>
<span class="crayon-s"> else</span>
<span class="crayon-s"> step = step % #macros + 1</span>
<span class="crayon-s"> end</span>
<span class="crayon-s">]]</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">PreMacro</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span>
<span class="crayon-o">/</span><span class="crayon-i">targetenemy</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-v">noharm</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-v">dead</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span>
<span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-s">"/cast Shear"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-s">"/cast !Immolation Aura"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-s">"/cast Empower Wards"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-s">"/cast !Soul Carver"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-s">"/cast !Fel Eruption"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-s">"/cast !Felblade"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">PostMacro</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">[[</span>
<span class="crayon-s">/cast Immolation Aura</span>
<span class="crayon-s">/cast Fiery Brand</span>
<span class="crayon-s">/cast Fel Eruption</span>
<span class="crayon-s">/cast Felblade</span>
<span class="crayon-s">/cast Demon Spikes</span>
<span class="crayon-s">/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();</span>
<span class="crayon-sy">}</span>
<span class="crayon-v">Sequences</span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-s">"LegVengDH"</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-v">StepFunction</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">[[</span>
<span class="crayon-s"> limit = limit or 1</span>
<span class="crayon-s"> if step == limit then</span>
<span class="crayon-s"> limit = limit % #macros + 1</span>
<span class="crayon-s"> step = 1</span>
<span class="crayon-s"> else</span>
<span class="crayon-s"> step = step % #macros + 1</span>
<span class="crayon-s"> end</span>
<span class="crayon-v">PreMacro</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">[[</span>
<span class="crayon-s">[[/cast Shear]]</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-s">[[/cast Immolation Aura]]</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-s">[[/cast Soul Carver]]</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-s">[[/cast Felblade]]</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-s">[[/cast Fel Eruption]]</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-s">[[/cast Empower Wards]]</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">PostMacro</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">[[</span>
<span class="crayon-s">/cast Soul Carver</span>
<span class="crayon-s">/cast Immolation Aura</span>
<span class="crayon-s">/cast Felblade</span>
<span class="crayon-s">/cast Fiery Brand</span>
<span class="crayon-s">/cast Fel Eruption</span>
<span class="crayon-s">/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();</span>
<span class="crayon-s">/console Sound_EnableSFX 1</span>
<span class="crayon-sy">}</span>
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Both are non-gs-e. Just regular GS. [/quote]

@somenoob - I am still using your original macro on p1 in the first post and have no problems. I am currently ilvl 852, cleared all mythics, several mythic 2 and 3+, normal EN, and 1/7 on heroic. Your macro is the only one I use on the original GS (everything else is GS-E). I just want to say thank you for the work you put in to it. Any changes you make to the macro, will you update the original post? Also, do you have a Havoc macro that works well? I’ve tried the ones on the Havoc forums and they are not working well.

Thanks again for your hard work!

Hi somenoob. Thanks for your work. Macro works great. But there is one problem do you use soul cleave seperate key cos i can not see it. Thanks again

Hi all just one more for you to test, seems to work ok so far.

specID = 581,
author = "TM",
helpTxt = "Talents 2331211",
PreMacro = [[
]],
"/cast Shear",
"/cast Empower Wards",
"/cast Soul Carver(Artifact)",
"/cast !Fel Eruption",
"/castsequence [nochanneling] !Fel Devastation",
PostMacro = [[
/cast Immolation Aura
/cast Fiery Brand
/cast Fel Eruption
/cast Demon Spikes
]],
}

[quote quote=35099]Hi somenoob. Thanks for your work. Macro works great. But there is one problem do you use soul cleave seperate key cos i can not see it. Thanks again
[/quote]

Soul Cleave is always seperate. Just like Sigil’s are always seperate.

I appreciate your comment. I tested all my macro’s on Beta for a while. Not to sound smug but I knew what worked well and was simply sharing. Any macro simply needs to supplement you in better game-play and not be a 1 can press 1 button and do well b/c that just won’t happen.

I run Carry groups Daily for m+'s. +2-+5 for free up to +10 depending on weekly affixes. I am Currently ilvl 872 w/o touching a single raid. The original Macro I setup on Beta still works fine. It’s the only 1 you need. Unless something changes in wow breaking it its all I need. Have also gotten 3 legendaries from Farming +'s so far.

All using the Original macro I posted. Any other limitations are not because of the macro.

Regarding the Havoc Macro. I only tank so no Not at this current time.

Down the road when I max out my weapon I may get around to making one but not sure. I’ve only tanked and probably won’t change that anytime soon.