Affliction – 5.0

Thanks guys for providing temporary ones and Teddy for the 1 button macro. I just added a few modifications but the rotation is pretty much the same. Let us know how it works for you. Enjoy!

If you decide to keep Haunt up all the time, add another one before the last Malefic Grasp. Beware you will run out of Soul Shards quick.

Modifier included for Drain Soul.

/castsequence [mod]Drain Soul;reset=target Curse of the Elements,null
/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=target Agony,Corruption,Unstable Affliction,Haunt,Malefic Grasp,Malefic Grasp,Malefic Grasp
/cast [nochanneling]Dark Soul: Misery

The above macro ive messed with and i use a modifier for drain soul and at 1 shard left runs rather nicely only 45k dps though in lfr

I would LOVE to see your macro…I cant get anywhere near 30k dps…also cant get the modifier to work that would drain soul.

/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Curse of the Elements,Soulburn,Agony,Corruption,Unstable Affliction,Haunt,Malefic Grasp,Malefic Grasp,Malefic Grasp
/cast Dark Soul: Misery

and just use luises mod for drain soul or use manually at 2 to 1 shards left (I am glyphed for 4 shards) also im ilvl 465

But with that macro you missing up the burst dmg that is why you only see 30 to 40k dps i found out the rotation of affl is rather simple but hard to macro i usually do around 80k dps and still have lots of blues. what i did was i use a macro for curse of element together with trinket and dark soul them i apply soulburn soul swap haunt and malefic until haunt pro again or as needed and refresh soulburn and soul swap to refresh dots or manually apply them when i dont have soul shard. but is like luis say is hard to macro a proper rotation for the affl lock

There was a macro for PVP back in Cata, but obviously it is broken now. Can any of you macro geniuses try getting a working version for 5.1. The original is posted below.

/castsequence [mod]Drain Soul;reset=target Curse of the Elements,Bane of Doom,Corruption,null

/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=target Fear,Haunt,Unstable Affliction,Drain Life

/castsequence reset=60 Soulburn,Demon Soul

/cast Soul Swap

/use 13

/use 14

A reminder don’t use this macro it is for 4.3 and is broken, you will die frequently.

Actually it’s not hard. Using Luis’s rotation is very good and actually if you have any rotation help addons that is basically what you want to do. The problem is a proc of Haunt and the damage of Haunt. Right now Nightfall procs about once every 30 seconds which gives you one free Haunt every 30 seconds which is about the same time that Haunt is put into the macro.

The problem is the damage from Haunt is nothing compared to Chaos Bolt or Soul Fire. Haunt is used to increase the DoT damage by 25%.

To help out with the damage one would think to put in more Haunts which is true and that is why Luis puts in an extra, but he warns you that you will go through shards real fast.

There is a lot of risk with Affliction right now. There is also a lot of reward to if you do the right rotation, reforge and gem properly, as well as glyph well. Also if you put in a Haunt or two more often your DPS will increase, which is true at the cost of shards.

So my recommendation is using Luis Macro or move Haunt to a different position. We could also do a starter macro that puts Soul Swap in.

Starter:

/castsequence reset=target Soulburn, Soul Swap

For AoE we could do this too:

/castsequence reset=target Soulburn, Seed of Corruption

I guess others can feel free to test the macros of what I have made. Thus far, It seems to be working pretty well for me. I have it setup so you dont have the macros all in one button or 2.

I think Blizzard is trying to actually make people learn there class! heh. :stuck_out_tongue:

(* Feel free to add or change *- As I am sure may did something wrong.)

Button 1:

#showtooltip (Using Corruption Icon)
/cast Agony
/cast Corruption
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Button 2: ( Using Unstable Icon)

#showtooltip
/cast Curse Of The Elements
/cast Fel Flame
/cast Unstable Affliction

• I put Fel Flame in there in order to keep corruption/unstable longer? But I dont think its working properly. Perhaps I have it wrong spot?

Button 3: (Course used Grasp Icon)

#showtooltip
/cast Malefic Grasp
/Use 14

Button 4:

#showtooltip (Using Haunt Icon)
/cast Haunt
/cast Soul Burn
/Use 13

(I use this mainly when it procs for Haunt.) Also not real sure if Soul Burn is working properly or not as well. But seems to be for the moment.

I have found you can get it down to one button. It’s very easy, the problem is you have a lot of extra passive spells that sometimes you need to trigger something else.

Oh yeah, I love it on 1 button. So much has changed on this last patch. Its making it a pain for sures. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well I also have set aside the other stuff you use as a lock as well. Since they can only be used for AOE purposes? And you know where you have a target at %20 health. I am still tweaking it as I go. One of the reasons why I posted what I did so far. For help on em, And maybe help others as well. :slight_smile:

Since my Lock isn’t 85 yet it’s hard to judge. I know somethings work very well, but getting all the DoTs lined up and now that Haunt uses up a Shard makes it rather difficult. Desto and Demo is very easy for macros, Afflication while can be done is difficult. Probably just as hard as BM Hunter right now.

This is simple. Get the glyph of soul shards, gives you 4 soul shards total. Make a macro that uses soulburn and soul swap together. Use that macro and it uses a soul shard and it puts agony, corruption, and unstable affliction on target all at once. Then you want to manually cast haunt next. Then use a macro: /castsequence reset=target/combat Fel Fire, Malefic Grasp. Spam that macro and be sure to manually apply agony before it falls off. Also manually cast haunt as needed /if you have shards. Haunt isn’t meant to have 100% uptime right now. So with 4 shards you can run around and cast instant dots and haunt on 2 targets or cast instant dots on 4 targets, and either drain soul for more shards while your dots tick or use the fel fire, malefic grasp macro. Make another /castsequence reset=target macro to manually apply curse of the elements, agony, corruption, and unstable affliction for when you run out of shards and you need to cast these spells manually. What I do in bg’s is run around and dot/haunt 2 people then focus one of them with the malefic grasp macro, then be sure to drain soul just before they die to get shards back.

/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Curse of the Elements,Soulburn,Agony,Corruption,Unstable Affliction,Haunt,Malefic Grasp,Malefic Grasp,Malefic Grasp
/cast Dark Soul: Misery

[quote quote=3662]/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Curse of the Elements,Soulburn,Agony,Corruption,Unstable Affliction,Haunt,Malefic Grasp,Malefic Grasp,Malefic Grasp
/cast Dark Soul: Misery[/quote]

Works really well :slight_smile:

[quote quote=3662]/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Curse of the Elements,Soulburn,Agony,Corruption,Unstable Affliction,Haunt,Malefic Grasp,Malefic Grasp,Malefic Grasp
/cast Dark Soul: Misery[/quote]

Here is the issue with this macro in a raid / heroic setup…Eats up way too many Shards.