Affliction Macro i have used on the beta

Okay so the macro will spend soul shards on summoning extra felhunter and then unstable affliction

It will start with casting corruption, Agony and Siphon life, so you can tab target different mobs to multi dot

It will use life tap so you dont have to worry about mana

It uses Phantom Singularity instead of Soul Effigy because if you want an automated Affli macro you need Phantom Singularity to function as a form of cooldown for your artifact ability, otherwise your artifact ability will activate too early and you will get less uptime on your buff which will be a huge dps loss. By using Phantom Singularity as a cooldown Reap will only be used about once every minute which will result in about 40-50 seconds of the buff it provides.

Your artifact ability function by when you kill something you get a soul and every once in a while you automaticly get a soul. You then use your artifact ability Reap to consume these souls to get a buff that doubles a lot of your artifact traits which is huge. But if you use it with a low amount of souls you dont get as much uptime as if you use it with more souls and you would be wasting more global cooldowns.

Ive been using this macro to play warlock on the beta and it works great

AoE is not one of the strong sides of affli locks, depending on the amount of mobs, multi dot or just dot one mob then spam seed of corruption on that one target, it will trigger instantly from the damage of your dots.

THIS ONE IS FOR WHEN YOU HAVE YOUR ARTIFACT, IT WILL NOT WORK WITHOUT REAP. SEE BELOW FOR NON ARTIFACT VERSION.

Sequences['DOT'] = {
specID = 265,
author = "MK",
helpTxt = "3211122",
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
		if step == limit then
	limit = limit % #macros + 1
		step = 1
	else
		step = step % #macros + 1
	end
]],   
PreMacro = [[
]],
'/castsequence reset=target Corruption,null',
'/cast [nochanneling] !Grimoire: Felhunter',
'/cast [nochanneling] Unstable Affliction',
'/castsequence [nochanneling] Phantom Singularity,Reap Souls',
'/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Agony,Siphon Life,Drain Soul,Agony,Siphon Life,Drain Soul,Life Tap',
PostMacro = [[
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

Non artifact version aka pre patch version

Sequences['DOT'] = {
specID = 265,
author = "MK",
helpTxt = "3211122",
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
		if step == limit then
		step = 1
	else
	end
]],   
PreMacro = [[
]],
'/cast [nochanneling] Phantom Singularity',
'/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Agony,Siphon Life,Drain Soul,Agony,Siphon Life,Drain Soul,Life Tap',
PostMacro = [[
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

Artifact macro works great!!

Sequences['DOT'] = {
specID = 265,
author = "MK",
helpTxt = "3211122",
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
step = 1
else
end
]],  
PreMacro = [[
]],
'/castsequence [nochanneling] Phantom Singularity,Reap Souls',
PostMacro = [[
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

it seem not to work… when i copy paste it, all text are red??

I took out '/cast [nochanneling] !Grimoire: Felhunter', because I use Infernal pet AOE the time for leveling.

Burx i mean when i copy/paste squence into notepad2 it dosent work… and all text is red, so seems the code is wrong

From the original post, you just copy/paste that into the Gnome Sequencer add-on (in game using \gsse)
You don’t really have to use notepad at all.

Ahh ok… thx Burx :slight_smile:

[quote quote=33348]Ahh ok… thx Burx ???
[/quote]Make sure to hit IMPORT so it will be added. Then just type \gs and it should create a macro icon for you.

Doesn’t recast Corruption after the original cast. Is this intended?

Corruption, set by the conditionals, will only cast again on a new target. You can either put it on a separate key, or you could add a '/cast [@mouseover,harm,nochanneling] Corruption', in the pre-macro so it will pop again when you mouseover the target again.

Hi Burx

Can u rewrite the squence with auto target??

Thanks, Spyder. That makes sense.

@Chris, this macro takes the talent “Absolute Corruption” which only needs to be cast 1 time per enemy. It lasts forever.

This does free up the Global Cooldown for other abilities, like multiple recasts of Unstable Affliction. UA damage now gets added, not overwritten.

You may want to put a reset on Unstable Affliction, else it will cause you to be shard starved and stand there with nothing to do.

Also finding that Drain Soul is not going off as often as I like, so you may want to put that on your bar as well.

[quote quote=33454]@Chris, this macro takes the talent “Absolute Corruption” which only needs to be cast 1 time per enemy. It lasts forever.
This does free up the Global Cooldown for other abilities, like multiple recasts of Unstable Affliction. UA damage now gets added, not overwritten.
[/quote]

Just to note, that in an AOE situation, Corruption that lands from use of Demon Seed also lasts and does not need to be re-applied due to the Absolute Corruption.