Affliction Seed

[quote quote=38786]Thought i would share a more recent updated screenshot on how this performs when i was in EN.
I am using a mix of the original macro posted here which i am using for ST. I am not using Siphon Life in my talent build however, instead i am playing with Sow The Seeds more for AoE. Also playing with Absolute Corruption.
I am then playing with 3 line macro that only casts Phantom, Seed of Corruption and Agony.
This is what i was then able to pull at 840:

Came 4th and always in the top 8
[/quote]

Rift of Aln, right? Heavy AoE there, so that kind of build makes sense.

After the patch I’ll be going through all my macros to see if there are better ways to merge ST and AoE builds into a good all-purpose macro.

Pic if from the rift but I ended up doing the 3 phases and always remained in the top 8 for all phases.

I am currently not a fan of not using Absolute Corruption because the 12% is based on using Unstable Affliction but I find that I either don’t generate enough shards myself or I seem to cast too many drains vs UA so the damage through Sow and Corruption make up for it, it’s roughly on par.

But hey its good to use and I had a blast, at no point did I feel frustrated like I do in demo and movement. :slight_smile:

[quote quote=38925]Pic if from the rift but I ended up doing the 3 phases and always remained in the top 8 for all phases.
I am currently not a fan of not using Absolute Corruption because the 12% is based on using Unstable Affliction but I find that I either don’t generate enough shards myself or I seem to cast too many drains vs UA so the damage through Sow and Corruption make up for it, it’s roughly on par.
But hey its good to use and I had a blast, at no point did I feel frustrated like I do in demo and movement. ???
[/quote]

That’s exactly why I prefer Affliction. You get to move around.

Hello guys, I have quite the update for you.

Wow. We got buffed. I’m seeing way higher numbers than before and I can’t tell you how good that makes me feel. I went from middle of the pack to TOP OF THE METER in both ST and total damage done!

But, of course, that means some more work to do and here’s what I’ve come up with.

First of all, if you’re having trouble with GS-E, see this post here until the update rolls out.

Alright, now that you aren’t abandoning a perfectly good newer version of Gnome for the clunky old one, here are my changes for Affliction.

T1, T4, and T6 are all newly balanced talents that end up changing everything, but at least it’s all good.

For T1 I’m opting for Malefic Grasp. T4, Sow the Seeds. And T6 Grimoire of Supremacy. Here’s why.

Malefic Grasp is excellent at targeting a mob and burning them down. This is really useful in all scenarios, including AoE. It increases the damage done of your dots, which obviously makes sense on a boss. But in AoE it also means one less dot you have to put on a target before your Seed can erupt, making the whole process more efficient and reducing ramp time in both scenarios.

Since Seeds cost Shards now, and we lack AoE, this is a great opportunity to use Sow the Seeds. Siphon Life did great DPS before, but now is more of a quality of life talent. We can remove it for a very slight decrease in ST DPS for a major upgrade in AoE.

Lastly, Grimoire of Supremacy now outpaces everything else in its tier. Before I felt confidence that Sacrifice would give decent ST DPS and shore up the AoE DPS into something respectable. But now you just choose your pet. ST = Doomguard. AoE = Infernal. Plus, this way you can do something you can’t do with talents: swap out during a fight.

I’ve also added a little WeakAuras trigger that I made to help track Enslaved Demons.

Enjoy, and please let me know how this works for you.

can you make one using the Siphon life in it so I can change in and out using that if its just single target or sow for aoe I don’t mind doing talent changes on the go

I cant get the mod key to work…any ideas on why it may not be working? With grasp ramping up the damage now i want to cast it more

[quote quote=39349]can you make one using the Siphon life in it so I can change in and out using that if its just single target or sow for aoe I don’t mind doing talent changes on the go
[/quote]

I can, but I can’t add it to the precast part of the macro, so it won’t appear as one of the first dots to affect a target. This is because if it’s i the premacro and not available, it’ll lock.

Sequences['EX_Aff_715_Siphon'] = {
author="Exlynn@Perenolde",
specID=265,
version=24,
source = "Local",
helpTxt = "Talents: 3112213",
icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
lang="enUS",
PreMacro=[[
/use [mod:alt] Drain Soul
/castsequence  reset=target  Agony, Corruption, null
]],
"/cast [nochanneling] Unstable Affliction",
"/castsequence [nochanneling] Unstable Affliction, Reap Souls",
"/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat  Agony, Corruption, , Siphon Life, Drain Soul, Life Tap",
PostMacro=[[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],
}

[quote quote=39497]I cant get the mod key to work…any ideas on why it may not be working? With grasp ramping up the damage now i want to cast it more
[/quote]

I am not sure. I’ll test it myself later today. Anyone else having this issue?

Yea having trouble importing this aswell. I get a “macro import successful” thing but it never shows up. Using gs2 tho. Just downloaded the HP pack and they all imported fine. I wonder if making this an HP would be helpful

[quote quote=39563]Yea having trouble importing this aswell. I get a “macro import successful” thing but it never shows up. Using gs2 tho. Just downloaded the HP pack and they all imported fine. I wonder if making this an HP would be helpful
[/quote]

Please nominate it over at the HP thread. I’d appreciate it. I already have this ready for the next HP mod update.

And as for the import not working, it’s likely due to key changes such as PreMacro becoming KeyPress, or that it’s in beta still and might need something checked/unchecked to allow imports. I’m not able to find this out myself at the moment.

Hi EnixLHQ

Could you please make a macro for gse2 if you don’t mind. Cheers Ural.

Finally working :slight_smile: I tried at least 4 or 5 times and working now. To be honest Enix, This macro rock. Deffinetly high performance. Thanks alot. It’s working with gse2 guys

[quote quote=39574]Hi EnixLHQ
Could you please make a macro for gse2 if you don’t mind. Cheers Ural.
Finally working ??? I tried at least 4 or 5 times and working now. To be honest Enix, This macro rock. Deffinetly high performance. Thanks alot. It’s working with gse2 guys
[/quote]

I’ll be making updates for GSE2 here soon.

GS2 version on the OP

You’re macro is awesome! Thanks. Seems Affliction got a major buff, I’m doing 300k DPS when before I struggled to hit 120. This is just doing World Quests, no real testing yet.

[quote quote=39845]You’re macro is awesome! Thanks. Seems Affliction got a major buff, I’m doing 300k DPS when before I struggled to hit 120. This is just doing World Quests, no real testing yet.
[/quote]

I’ve ran a handful of heroics and except for one case where I was outgeared by 20 points by everyone else on the team, I haven’t had one where I didn’t finish in the top of something.

Is nice.

Great macro !! and thank you for updating and keeping the maros alive :slight_smile:

Can someone build a macro?

3, 1, 2, 1, 3, 1, 3

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

[quote quote=39939]Can someone build a macro?
3, 1, 2, 1, 3, 1, 3
Thank you very much ???
[/quote]

I already did here. But, Siphon Life is not as strong as it used to be in relation to all the other buffs, though I suppose it’s nice for leveling.

Is it anything to this besides just spamming the macro.
Don’t know if it is my ilvl with my stats that is crippling me.

Only getting about 150k sustained dmg on single target dummy.

Hi Enix

I do more damage with second macro like 50 K more. I try 2 min both macro and second one is the best :slight_smile: Thanks a lot.

Btw do you have any aeo macros. or can you make a new one if you don’t mind.

"/cast Seed of Corruption",
"/cast Agony",
"/targetenemy [nodead]",
"/cast Agony",
"/targetenemy [nodead]",
"/cast Agony",
"/targetenemy [nodead]",
"/cast Agony",
"/targetenemy [nodead]",
"/cast Drain Life",
"/cast Agony",
"/targetenemy [nodead]",
"/cast Life Tap",

if you make this, i will be glad.

Cheers Ural.

[quote quote=39955]Is it anything to this besides just spamming the macro. Don’t know if it is my ilvl with my stats that is crippling me.
Only getting about 150k sustained dmg on single target dummy.
[/quote]

Mastery is our stat for Affliction. Stack, gem and enchant for that.

[quote quote=39973]Hi Enix
I do more damage with second macro like 50 K more. I try 2 min both macro and second one is the best ??? Thanks a lot.
Btw do you have any aeo macros. or can you make a new one if you don’t mind.
if you make this, i will be glad.
Cheers Ural.
[/quote]

AoE is just Seed and then something to set it off. Seeding one target with Sow the Seeds talented and popping it with one or two ticks of Drain Soul with Malefic Grasp, then seeding, then popping, is all you really need. It’ll affect 3 targets at once, minimum, and all the seeds pop from each other’s explosions. You can’t really macro that.

Macroing it with Agony or Corruption will actually take longer, and you’ll spend cycles dotting up other enemies who will die before your dots matter. So, in this case, a macro will actually lower your DPS. The explosive DPS you see when trying this is actually Soul Fire, the artifact talent.

No other combination worked as well as Sow the Seeds and Malefic Grasp that I’ve tried.