All macros show in game except one for Shaman

First let me start by saying thanks to all of you for the hard work and countless hours y’all put in to bring us these macros. Without them I would have stopped playing a few years ago. I seem to be having an issue importing macros only on my Shaman. Importing works as intended for all other classes. On the shaman I get the message that it imported correctly but it never shows up in the shaman macro list. What could be going on? If this has been answered before in the forums don’t beat me up to bad…im an old man…with glasses lol. Thanks for any help you can provide.

I would think that it only shows up on the spec it is designed for?

[quote quote=46776]I would think that it only shows up on the spec it is designed for?
[/quote]

Ok first off I’m no expert…but I’m thinking it might have something to do with some macros that are old versions. So this is what I would do log in your shaman and then go into macros and delete or move to General macros (that are available to all toons) So you end up with no macros then relog in and see if you get a pop up that says no macros found do you want to load sample macros? click no then try to import your favorite shaman macro.

I cant seem to figure out what is going on. I tried all of the suggestions listed above and still no luck. I copy from this site and open gs in game, click import, ctrl V to paste, click import, get message saying that is was a successful import. When i open gs again and scroll down to shaman spells nothing. I do the exact same thing for all of my toons and all macros import except for the ones for my shaman. I hope this is something simple so I can smack myself for being so scattered brain but as of now I cant seem to figure it out. I tried with Tacolibres macro, Spitz macro and the macro labeled Hail2 all imported successfully but are not showing up in gs…help please

Ok what macro is it? I will try it and give you feedback. Do you have the latest version of the addon?

I have the latest version,but if i open gs and click the options button I get an error message. The macro im trying to import is the one titled Hp Enh started by Tacolibre…the macro itself is called Zambalis or something like that.

Sequences['ZamEnh'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.0.14.
  Author="Zambalis",
  SpecID=263,
  Talents = "2212222",
  Help = "Talents - 2212122",
  Default=1,
  Icon='Spell_Shaman_ImprovedStormstrike',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Priority",
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence  reset=combat/target/1  Stormstrike",
        "/castsequence [combat] Feral Spirit, Crash Lightning",
        "/castsequence [combat] Rockbiter, Rockbiter, Lava Lash",
        "/castsequence  reset=1  Stormstrike",
        "/castsequence Rockbiter, Rockbiter, Lava Lash",
        "/cast Stormstrike",
        "/cast Flametongue",
        "/cast [mod:shift, @player] Lightning Surge Totem",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/startattack",
        "/cast [combat] Blood Fury",
        "/cast [combat] Doom Winds",
      },
    },
  },
}

I imported it and all is fine. Maybe delete the old addon and install it a fresh. Or use Curse client as it updates your addon cleanly. As I think it could be old files left over.

you can only have a certain number of macros per charatar. so do /macro and at the top there be general macros and another with “name” specific macros. go under specific and start to delete some of the macros there. i had this issue until i noticed general chat i was getting a error claiming i had the max macro for the charatar please delete some. hope this will work for you as it has for me.

Thats a good point, I never had that issue, due to I only have 1 macro and the other aoe per character.

if i remember correctly the amount you can have up to is 18 (Dont Quote Me On It Might Be Wrong) so if you delete a macro on lets say a shaman. you go into GS client and delete the macro cause you found something better it will not delete the macro in the “Name Specific Macros” it only removes the macro in the GS only.

PS: so i figure i let people know on this post for future reference.

I have no macros for the shammy and its still not working. Im at my wits end. I even went into the sample macro folder and tried to place it in there lol…didnt work btw. Its just odd because I can import all other macros for all my other classes except for the shammy. None of the shammy macros import for me at all. Very odd indeed.

Do a clean install of the addon? Have you tried that?

I was trying to avoid that but guess thats my last option. Gonna try one more thing before I do.

Well just export them all to a notepad. Clean install and then just import them all back.

Ok I got it to work. I ran this /run GSELibrary[7][“SAM_MC_Surge”].MacroVersions[1].KeyPress = {}
and it started working!! I found it in a thread by Burx. Thanks for all the help you all. Now shaman better be worth it lol

[quote quote=46811]Ok I got it to work. I ran this /run GSELibrary[7][“SAM_MC_Surge”].MacroVersions[1].KeyPress = {} and it started working!! I found it in a thread by Burx. Thanks for all the help you all. Now shaman better be worth it lol
[/quote]

Well glad to hear …Big Thanks to Burx!!!

Definitely something up with that macro, “SAM_MC_Surge”. I was exporting macros to notepad in preparation for a clean install, and found that I cannot export, edit nor delete that particular macro!
Ran the command above, but still no joy. Trying a few other things now too. Will update…

UPDATE:: Nothing I have done so far has cleared this. Still cannot import any macros under Shaman. Uninstalled and reinstalled, still the same macros, still the same issue.
Can someone detail what needs to be deleted for a “clean install” or point me to a place where it is listed out?