An one button fit all

[quote quote=33507]Sorry, I didn’t explain enough. I was writing about the Macros BradsBMSingle and BmMulti. They only cast Kill Command once for every fight, and “throw it out” basically means when I clicked manually on the my Kill Command button, nothing happened.
[/quote]

For my talent setup and gear it casts whenever it’s off cooldown. However:

1. It has a 7.5 second cooldown, improved by haste. Was it on cooldown? How long was the fight? You would have to be in a fight for longer than that for it to even try to cast twice. For most trash mobs my fights do not last that long.

2. It costs focus. Did you have enough focus to cast it? If not, maybe try removing one of the cobra shots from the macro.

If it wasn’t any of that, did you get any message when trying to activate kill command?

Nope, wasn’t on cooldown, the icon was well and truly brilliant, shiny, whatever…
Had loads of focus as well, no problem, and no error messages, just couldn’t click it.

I’ve noticed this too. It seems to happen when swapping targets, it’ll quit casting Kill Command, despite it not being on cooldown and having plenty of focus, it just doesn’t cast it anymore. I tried toggling the macro on and off and it still would skip it in the rotation, not quite sure why it’s doing this. (also using brad’s macro)

Edit: It was happening while using the testing targets at the hunters’ lodge, seems that it isn’t cycling the rotation when aiming at the higher targets, I guess the pets can’t reach them and it’s stalling the rotation? I’ll keep an eye on it while in actual combat and see if it still happens.

The original macros are working great for me, though I did run into one issue:

When you’re doing scenarios, like the Artifact weapon quests, or the fight for the Exodar, the game interprets you as being in a group, even if you’re solo. Obviously, if you’re relying on the macro, you’re going to have major threat issues, as it turns off growl and stops casting misdirect on cooldown.

I wondered why I was suddenly getting my butt kicked by everything and it’s cousin! (I just created separate copies of each titled “BMSingleScenario” and “BMAOEScenario” and modified them appropriately. But I figured I’d drop a note, in case anyone else ran into the same issue.

[quote quote=33516]I’ve noticed this too. It seems to happen when swapping targets, it’ll quit casting Kill Command, despite it not being on cooldown and having plenty of focus, it just doesn’t cast it anymore. I tried toggling the macro on and off and it still would skip it in the rotation, not quite sure why it’s doing this. (also using brad’s macro)
Edit: It was happening while using the testing targets at the hunters’ lodge, seems that it isn’t cycling the rotation when aiming at the higher targets, I guess the pets can’t reach them and it’s stalling the rotation? I’ll keep an eye on it while in actual combat and see if it still happens.
[/quote]

Interesting, I’ve not seen this happen on a dummy or in a real fight. It does make sense though that if the pet can’t reach it’s target it wouldn’t be able to cast. Also, if it’s not castable outside of the macro it wouldn’t be within the macro either… so that makes sense to me. Though I’d still like to understand why.

As a side note, I changed my final tier talent to #3. Stampede is neat, but very situational with a long cooldown. I keep hearing how it’s the best, and when I managed to fire it off in just the right way it was great, but most of the time I’m not using it at all. With that change, new gear, and a level up I’m getting close to 60k dps now.

So when KC is castable if it’s on your action bar it will have a little dot in the upper-right. If you aren’t currently targeting something your beast can attack, no dot. So if it happens again for you guys, I would look at that.

Here is the one I am using and it does well. I have taken a bit from all over and saw what worked and what failed and this is the final product.

Sequences['BM1'] = {
author="Heleenhunt@Grizzly Hills",
specID=253,
version=18,
source = "Local",
helpTxt = "Talents: 2312131",
StepFunction = GSStaticPriority,
icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
lang="enUS",
PreMacro=[[
/cancelaura Volley
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast [nopet,nodead] Call Pet 1; [@pet,dead] Heart of the Phoenix
/petattack [@target,harm]
]],
"/cast [@pet,dead] Revive Pet",
"/cast Kill Command",
"/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection",
"/cast [combat] Bestial Wrath",
"/cast [combat] Dire Beast",
"/cast [combat] Chimaera Shot",
"/cast [combat] Cobra Shot",
PostMacro=[[
/cast Mend Pet
/use Oralius' Whispering Crystal
/cast Aspect of the Wild
/cast Blood Fury
]],
<code></code>

For AOE I use,

Sequences['BMAOE'] = {
author="Heleenhunt@Grizzly Hills",
specID=253,
version=9,
source = "Local",
helpTxt = "Talents: 2312131",
StepFunction = GSStaticPriority,
icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
lang="enUS",
PreMacro=[[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast !Volley
/petattack [@target,harm]
/cast [nopet,nodead] Call Pet 1; [@pet,dead] Heart of the Phoenix
/cast [@pet,dead] Revive Pet
]],
"/cast [@pet,dead] Revive Pet",
"/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection",
"/castsequence [combat] Concussive Shot, Multi-Shot, Multi-Shot",
"/cast [combat] Kill Command",
"/cast [combat] Bestial Wrath",
"/cast [combat] Dire Beast",
"/cast [combat] Chimaera Shot",
PostMacro=[[
/cast Mend Pet
/use Oralius' Whispering Crystal
/cast [combat] Blood Fury
/cast [combat] Aspect of the Wild
]],
}