AOE?

Is it possible to make a AOe affliction macro that:

Spreads dots to all enemies, basically dotting and switching targets with 1 button?

I’ve been trying and cant tune it correctly was wondering if anyone else tried and its just not possible. or if anyone would be interested in making one

[quote quote=66120]Is it possible to make a AOe affliction macro that:
Spreads dots to all enemies, basically dotting and switching targets with 1 button?
I’ve been trying and cant tune it correctly was wondering if anyone else tried and its just not possible. or if anyone would be interested in making one[/quote]

No.

Automatically swapping once a dot has been applied and moreover reapplying towards the end of the dot life would require logic within the application that you’re using.

Tab targeting has improved a lot over the years, so using /castsequence reset=target/3 Agony, Corruption, nu in your macro and tab targeting will select the next closest mob unaffected by those dots and attempt to apply them. From there it’s a simple matter of tracking mobs that have high health and where your dots are about to fall off, and waiting for phantom to be up, or you have the resources to cast seeds. The days of mindless aoe are over, but I also like the new method because it’s a bit more challenging.

Yes you can do it but it’s not a great way to do it as you can’t control how many dots are applied before it moves on to the next target and might take more time than it’s worth.

To do it make a quick dot macro and in the keypress section use just: /targetenemy
this is targetenemy without any conditionals used so you’re not looking to use /targetenemy [noharm][dead] like normal, just /targetenemy on it’s own. It’s effectively tab target
This will keep switching targets automatically every spell or two.

Or you can play with loop limits and pre macro and have /targetenemy used on every X amount of rotations.