AOTB Build and Macro

Update: Mostly minor changes

I had several requests to make an AOTB macro, so I have been working on it. I didn’t want to release something that was terrible, so it took a bit of time to come up with something I was satisfied with.

The main challenge of a macro for this build is to prevent the macro from always been focused starved such that Kill Command is frequently delayed, yet not be sitting on full focus for any longer than necessary.

Talents - 2111333

Doesn’t make much sense to not use WOTC, but if you are constantly focus starved try it with Dire Stable and see how that does. In my testing, it seem that WOTC was better DPS, even though I was noticeable focus starved often.

Sequences['GweenAOTB'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.04.
  Author="Neewg@Bleeding Hollow",
  SpecID=253,
  Talents = "2111333",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Priority",
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/cast [nopet,nodead] Call Pet 1; [@pet,dead] Heart of the Phoenix",
        "/cast [combat,pet:Spirit Beast,@player] Spirit Mend",
        "/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection",
        "/cast [combat] Bestial Wrath",
        "/cast [combat] Blood Fury",
        "/cast [combat] Titan's Thunder",
        "/cast [combat] Aspect of the Wild",
        "/cast [mod:shift] Counter Shot",
        "/cast [mod:shift] Intimidation",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence [nomod:ctrl] Kill Command",
        "/cast Dire Beast",
        "/cast [mod:ctrl] Multi-Shot; [mod:shift] Cobra Shot; Dire Beast",
        "/cast [nomod:ctrl] Kill Command",
        "/cast [nomod:ctrl] Cobra Shot",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Is there a reason you wouldn’t just have it castsequence kill command, cobra shot, cobra shot… As with this build, you aren’t getting the free kill commands during beastial wrath - you’d want to cast about two cobra shots for every kill command…

I get confused between priority and sequence in GSE, but by having kill command and cobra shot on different lines does it mean that it will always look for kill command first before firing cobra shot conversely giving you potentially more cobra shots if kill command is on cd (which my cast sequence above wouldn’t do - you’d have to cast those cobras manually)?

The two dire beast lines just make sure as it is prioritizing that it looks for dire beast first?

Yes. I will provide details below.

Maybe. Maybe not.

This is the crux of the matter and why I didn’t really answer your questions above.

Sequential - This will attempt cast each line once, then start over again. 1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5

Priority - This will cast the beginning lines more frequently each cycle. 1,1,2,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5

Note that with the priority mode, line 5 is cast once, line 4 twice, line 3 three times, line 2 four times and line 1 five times.

The logic with how the macro is laid out is to INTENTIONALLY cause Cobra Shot to be the lowest priority spell and cast the fewest number of times. The idea is that each of the other abilities are more important. Kill Command is the most important, Dire Beast the second most important, then finally Cobra Shot.

Even though there are only 3 abilities, I use 5 lines to artificially give Kill Command and Dire Beast an even greater chance to be cast than Cobra Shot. My reasoning is that in the long term, say on a 10 minute fight. I want to ensure, as much as possible, that Kill Command is not delayed do to a lack of focus now to the global cool-down because a different ability was used. The same thing for Dire Beast.

In the short term, especially starting with abilities that increase the amount of focus you have, reduce the cost of abilities, you are quite likely to have capped focus for a short period of time. But as the fight length increases, this becomes less and less true. You reach a point where you only use abilities when you have enough focus and spend much of your time starved of focus. It is at this time, it is vital (in my opinion) to ensure that Kill Command and Dire Beast are used most effectively.

If you only measure you damage for two minutes, this macro may not be the ‘most’ ideal. But I am a Mythic raider, and very few fights last only 2 minutes. Burst is still important, and you have this, but this macro provides the most superior rotation when focus is low.

Yes.

Correct again.

Also correct :slight_smile:

Gween

i appreciate you letting me walk through it. I feel like I need to understand what its doing and why… Kinda like when I used to write programs to do my algebra, by time I was done, I didn’t need them lol…

Random Note: as there is only one spell in the castsequences these could be simplified from

"/castsequence [nomod:ctrl] Kill Command",

to

"/cast [nomod:ctrl] Kill Command",

BTW This macro looks really well thought out. Nice Job.

Hey Gween,

Thank you once again for the work. As always, you are fantastic!

I actually made that change shortly after posting the macro, and made some other changes too all the macros, like eliminating the second tab that has only the ‘Revive Pet’ difference.

I haven’t posted the updates as yet as I was working out some other things, but will do so soon.

Still, I do appreciate you pointing it out :slight_smile:

Gween

Macro updated.

Gween

Hi Geween

again can you please put a copy without the MODs :slight_smile:

thank you

Used this to run a couple M+ - Maw 13 and Darkheart 14. Does really well. A buddy is running tester’s version of the killer cobra and we ended up almost dead even. Murder was 6% of his damage and volley was 6.1% of mine.

This build and macro work well with Parsel’s and the belt Lego’s. I also have two 920 relics that buff cobra shot - so this seems to work well with my equipment… We will clear heroic ToS Wednesday and I will run it all the way through. My ilevel is 923.

My dps across both instances was 915K.

My own experience with AMOC and Volley is that Volley can be slightly less than AMOC on pure single target, but goes up dramatically with additional targets. Additionally, you could turn volley off on a long single target fight and likely make up the damage with extra Cobra Shots from the additional focus. Either way, I currently don’t see AMOC as the go to talent.

I make one exception for those that are going with an ultra-high mastery build.

Gween