Assassination 5.4

I experience that this macro does not work as expected for general kills and I presume it is the /cast Vanish that is to blame. Every now and then either the target disappears or resets and goes back to original starting point and the fight resets with the target in full health. In other sespects I quite love it :slight_smile:

This is the reply i received from Blizzard support:

All spells that cause your character to drop out of combat (such as Vanish) will reset an encounter if there are no other players currently fighting the target monster - if there are no valid targets left to attack the monster will return to its starting position, and while you are stealthed you are not a valid target anymore (can’t be seen --> can’t be attacked).

As such they will basically guarantee the scenario script to reset since you are the only available player in it. You should therefore not use such an ability in a macro unless the resulting outcome (mobs returning to their default status) is what you actually want to happen - it would be very rarely worth it.

[quote quote=11238]New guy here so be gentle. I found out about this site and have been hooked for about a week. I’ve been playing with the macros for all classes and making minor adjustments. For my Rogue I Started with Pee Bee’s three Macros 100%-35%, 35%-0%, and AoE Macro. This works extremely well for my rogue and thought I’d share to see what others think.

Pee Bee 100%-35% Modified:

/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
#showtooltip Mutilate
/cast [nostealth,nocombat]Stealth
/cast [stealth]Ambush
/castsequence reset=target Mutilate,Slice and Dice, null
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Mutilate
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Vendetta
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Dispatch
/castsequence reset=1/combat/target Mutilate,Mutilate,Rupture,Envenom,Mutilate,Mutilate,Envenom,Mutilate,Mutilate,Envenom
/cast [combat]Shadow Blades
/cast [combat]Shiv
/cast [combat]Vanish
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/startattack
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1

The original left me with 5 stack of anticipation far longer than I wanted.

Pee Bee’s 35%-0% Modified:

#showtooltip Dispatch
/cast [mod] Slice and Dice
/cast [stealth,combat]Ambush
/castsequence reset=1/combat/target Dispatch,Dispatch,Dispatch,Dispatch,Rupture,Dispatch,Dispatch,Dispatch,Dispatch,Envenom,Dispatch,Dispatch,Dispatch,Envenom
/cast [combat]Vendetta
/cast [combat]Vanish

Again the original left me with more 5 stack of anticipation longer than I wanted.

Pee Bee’s AoE Modified:

#showtooltip Fan of Knives
/startattack
/castsequence reset=1 Fan of Knives,Slice and Dice,Fan of Knives,Fan of Knives,Fan of Knives,Fan of Knives,Crimson Tempest,Fan of Knives
/cast [combat]Vendetta
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/startattack

The original was pretty good but this one was a little more streamlined.

Again I’m new and still don’t understand a lot of rules to the macros however the modified versions above worked great for my rogue. I’d welcome any feedback.
[/quote]

Hey Guys Love this site. I cant believe that I just found it in the last month. I have Played WOW since the beginning of Vanilla and this would of been so awesome back in the day.

I use this macro on a new toon @ lvl 40 as I lvl here is my code. Was just wondering if any have a Updated code for 5.4.7, Cuz this toon does about 5 lvls a day.

#showtooltip Mutilate
/cast [stealth]Ambush
/castsequence reset=target Mutilate,Slice and Dice, null
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Mutilate
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Slice and Dice
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Dispatch
/castsequence reset=1/combat/target Expose Armor,Mutilate,Mutilate,Recuperate,Mutilate,Mutilate,Envenom,Mutilate,Mutilate,Envenom
/startattack
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();