Bam™ - Shadowlands Pre-Patch / Beta BM

well it is macro-able

just /castsequence reset=target Hunter’s Mark, null on keypress

1 Like

done that, still does not work. only modding hunters mark seems too only work.

I can’t see why this wouldn’t work for you? However, I’m not currently playing Beta anymore, so I’m not able to test the macro myself. I will however update this macro once pre-patch drops.

Thank you for all the feedback guys, I’m pleased you’re finding the macros helpful!

1 Like

i dont have beta so i been playing PTR. maybe it will work once live or something.

It does work, you probably have a wrong sequence or ability on keypress, so my advice to you is to check it again.

Cheers.

1 Like

@lloskka I’m using that cast sequence on my hunter and am getting hangs just like the warlock macro. Kinda expected it because the same sort of thing.

Dude you are doing it wrong

have u checked ur macro? u sure?

take a look again pls and check anything that goes sideways like your neck azerite essence

better, post your macro here and he done with it alrdy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

cheers

I’ve already told you that this is a known bug (confirmed by GSE author) that the WoW devs are not fixing (i.e. using null). https://github.com/TimothyLuke/GnomeSequencer-Enhanced/issues/683

You basically get stuck on the cast sequence. Because the Hunter’s Mark has a cool down, you end up doing nothing until it times out. Corruption just fires continuously. You can break out by resetting the macro.

Works most of the time, but when it hangs it’s a pain because you don’t know when it is going to occur.

ill make a video as soon a posible to prove you wrong, and how i got it working

Maybe even @TimothyLuke hasnt even noticed

Here to help, cheers

I have the same issue… it’s stucks :weary:

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. Don’t have to prove wrong :wink:

I think it depends if you have collected certain items in the game it will try to invoke those items.

We saw this behavior with Legion weapons in a DK, although was able to work around by placing the weapons in the bank, and then the spell was available. I know is not an identical example, but silly things like this can happen from time to time.

1 Like

And Castsequence with a null is broken. This fault has been in the game since Legion. It’s not always broken but it’s intermittent and it’s not broken for everyone and it’s not broken for every spell.

I talked about this specifically in the masterclass. It’s a WoW problem not a GSE problem.

1 Like

OK. The real problem with the hunter macro I believe, is that if you switch targets and Hunter’s Mark is still on cool down the macro of coarse will hang until Hunter’s Mark is ready to use if it is in the Keypress area.

1 Like

Yes I can confirm this.

1 Like

Good morning everyone.

Just made two videos for 2 diff classes :

…::: WARLOCK AFFLICTION :::…

As you can see in the video got 2 macros ( 1 for single, 1 for aoe ).
If you look precisely in the keypress section, u can see a castesequence ( null ) macro with 2 abilities from warlock ( dots ).

As soon as i change targets, dots keeps applying no problem at all, aswell the castsequence too ( does not hang )

…::: HUNTER BM :::…

In this other video, have 3 macros ( 1 for trash things as i like to call it, and 1 for single and 1 for aoe ).

Everytime i change target macro keeps going with no hang or stops, and when hunters mark is up it casts normal as you can see.

Im no expert but i got some knowledge about it, THE TRICK IS IF THE ABILITY TO RESET=TARGET IS MORE THAN >1SEC/1.5SEC/GCD , JUST MAKE ANOTHER MACRO AND FIRE OFF IN TYPICAL SEQUENCE 1-2 1-2 1-2 ( or whatever keys you got on ).

BUT, IT THE ABILITY IS < 1SEC/1.5SEC/GCD U CAN PUT IT IN KEYPRES SECTION WITH NO PROBLEM AT ALL

Please test it and come back if it is working for you aswell.

Cheers!

Thanks @lloskka to make us in the right direction.

The fact is that fighting targets all working as expect in my environment, but going into a dungeon the macro hangs.

The solution you suggest if I understood correctly, is to create a secondary macro with hunter marks in it and fire this macro when hunter’s mark is needed? If yes this workaround doesn’t help us to gain time in the execution.
What am I missing? :roll_eyes:
Thanks!

1 Like

As you can appreciate in the video, it has no delay on casting ability / abilities on keypress ( OBVIOUSLY DEPENDS ON THE GCD AND THE CD OF THE ABILITY ITSELF ).

What you asking is just whats in the videos

Cheers

PS: tried too casting manually and on main sequence at its same result time & dps.

@lloskka Thanks for your videos.

I just moved the cast sequence for Hunter’s Mark into the Sequence which will just skip it if it cannot fire and that seems fine.

As for the Warlock macro, I can play for several minutes and not have any problem. The fact is it does hang by continuously looping on Corruption. You may not see the problem, but for some of us it is real. I’ll have to see if moving the code to the Sequence has any negatives.

1 Like

Guys… I’m retarded for sure but I didn’t understood the trick.
I have two macros for my BM hunter, the first for single target and the second for the AoE.
What should I do? Create a third macro with the Hunter’s Mark in it and cast it alternatively with the other two?
In this case what’s the difference with casting Hunter’s Mark when needed?
What am I missing? :roll_eyes:

Hi Gary, on the contrary i can see and understand what were talking about.

But still think some of us ( not me ), have not tried to put it in a separate macro !

GCD —> MAKE A SEPARATE MACRO AND FIRE IT ALONG WITH YOUR MAIN ONE
<GCD —> U CAN PUT IT ON KEYPRESS SECTION ON YOUR ACTUAL MAIN MACRO

more than that, its beyond my understanding & reasoning ( HOfAzeroth, delay on your ahk / mouse software , time stop on GSE itself, etc… )

Cheers!