Blood Death Knight (Newest) GS 1/21/16

Hello again gamers,

I made some small changes, but this is my fav so far. it’s a version from Suiseiseki (shout out) version and it’s bad ass I did Multi-strike on everything, even gems, and fallen crusader for weapon enchant. Pretty nice.

Talents: 2,3,1,1,1,1,2
UPDATED: Click Me
Major: Regenerative Magic, Vampiric Blood, Dark Sim.

Single Target: Make sure you always use Defile on cool down if picked

Sequences['DKBLOOD'] = {
StepFunction = [[
		limit = limit or 1
		if step == limit then
			limit = limit % #macros + 1
			step = 1
		else
			step = step % #macros + 1
		end
	]],
    PreMacro = [[
/cast Bone Shield
/cast [combat] Vampiric Blood
/cast [combat] Anti-Magic Shell
/cast [combat] Dancing Rune Weapon
    ]],
    "/cast Death Strike",
    "/castsequence reset=combat Plague Leech, Outbreak",
    "/castsequence reset=combat Outbreak, Death Coil, Death Coil, Death Coil, Death Coil, Death Coil, Death Coil, Death Coil, Death Coil, Death Coil, Death Coil",
    '/castsequence reset=combat Blood Boil, Blood Boil, Soul Reaper, Death Strike',
    '/castsequence reset=combat Blood Boil, Blood Boil, Blood Boil, Blood Boil, Blood Boil, Blood Boil, Blood Boil, Soul Reaper, Death Strike',
    '/cast [combat] Blood Tap',
    PostMacro = [[
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
    ]],
}

Multi

Sequences['BloodDKTAoE'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		step = 1
	else
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/cast !Bone Shield
]],
	'/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=target Outbreak,Blood Boil',
	'/cast [nochanneling] [combat] Blood Boil',
	'/cast [nochanneling] !Death Strike',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Death Coil',
	'/cast [nochanneling] !Blood Boil',
	'/cast [nochanneling] !Death Strike',
	'/cast [nochanneling] [combat] Blood Tap',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
]],
}

Things I keep on my bar “single” (they do change, just testing this out again in 6.2)

[Icebound Fortitude] [Dancing Rune Weapon] [Mind Freeze] [Strangulate] [Dark Sim] [death and Decay] [Gorifiend Grasp] [Anti Magic Shell] [Death Advance]

Most everything else is in the macro. I just like having all of my main helpers on my bar so I use them when I need them instead of wasting them.

Thank you guys,

Beef

A complicated mess with many pointless parts. Try these

Sequences['BloodST'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		step = 1
	else
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/cast Bone Shield
]],
	'/castsequence reset=target Outbreak,Plague Leech',
	'/cast Death Strike',
	'/cast Soul Reaper',
	'/cast Death Coil',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}
Sequences['BloodAoE'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		step = 1
	else
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/cast Bone Shield
]],
	'/castsequence reset=combat Death Strike, Blood Boil',
	'/cast Death Coil',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

Talents: 2,3,1,3,1,2,1
Glyph of Outbreak

Outbreak applies diseases and plague leach gives death runes and acts as a cd for outbreak. No point in using icy touch or plague strike.

Personally have problems with blood tap in macro, it keeps trying to fire off interrupting melee attacks. Prefer to either do it manually or use a different talent there.

Step sequence does same thing as you repeating death strike 6 times in your macro.

Bone Shield can be put in either pre or post macro because it is off gcd or can be removed if you prefer to manage yourself

I forgot to add rune tap, could either add it where blood boil is or try to fire off manually. Most runes would be death or blood from running these so shouldn’t be too hard.

Might as well add Vampirc blood and dancing rune weapon to post macro, and I dont think casting blood tap interrupts auto attacks. It just does a weird animation so you can add it at the end of the macro. This is what I use for Bloodboil 2+ targets. For single target I just replaced blood boil with ‘/castsequence Death Strike, Death Strike, Blood Boil’, So it only fires off blood boils when they are free. Also I find that you dont need to use the Step function with such a short macro.

Sequences['Blood'] = {
	PreMacro = [[
/cast [nostance:1] Blood Presence
    ]],
    '/cast Death Strike',
    '/cast Blood Boil',
    '/cast Death Coil',
    '/cast Blood Tap',
	PostMacro = [[
/cast [combat] Vampiric Blood
/cast [combat] Bone Shield
/cast [combat] Dancing Rune Weapon
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/startattack
]],
}

[quote quote=23221]A complicated mess with many pointless parts. Try these

Sequences['BloodST'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		step = 1
	else
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/cast Bone Shield
]],
	'/cast Death Strike',
	'/cast Soul Reaper',
	'/cast Death Coil',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

Sequences[‘BloodAoE’] = {
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
step = 1
else
end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/cast Bone Shield
]],
‘/castsequence reset=target Outbreak,Plague Leech’,
‘/castsequence reset=combat Death Strike, Blood Boil’,
‘/cast Death Coil’,
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

Outbreak applies diseases and plague leach gives death runes and acts as a cd for outbreak. No point in using icy touch or plague strike.
Personally have problems with blood tap in macro, it keeps trying to fire off interrupting melee attacks. Prefer to either do it manually or use a different talent there.
Step sequence does same thing as you repeating death strike 6 times in your macro.
Bone Shield can be put in either pre or post macro because it is off gcd or can be removed if you prefer to manage yourself
I forgot to add rune tap, could either add it where blood boil is or try to fire off manually. Most runes would be death or blood from running these so shouldn’t be too hard.
[/quote]

I really think that its pretty crappy that as a community here to better everyones macros as well as make them as good as they can be for all to use and play with that people have to just smash on others to make themselves feel better about what macros work for them.  But that's what ever it is.  If you do not like my macros, at least have enough respect to start your own thread instead of trashing mine.  Respect,

Beef

I believe i was quite constructive and pointed out what i see as problems in your macro [quote quote=23283]as a community here to better everyones macros as well as make them as good as they can be for all to use and play with[/quote] i’m trying to make it better. You did not refute any of the problems i pointed out or give reasoning for including them but proceed to get butt hurt over what you believed to be an attack on your ego.

1: You’re talented for necro plague is there some point to including outbreak, plague strike, and icy touch in your macro beyond using runes that could be used for mitigation with death strike.

2: Would you agree that '/castsequence reset=target Outbreak,Plague Leech', solves that nicely. Could change Outbreak to plague strike or icy touch if you do not use the glyph.

TY BEEF!!!

you got a AOE to beef?

Dakulus, my first comment is that your reply to Beef’s post is rude, impertinent, and disrespectful. If you don’t like it, don’t use it. Your implication that such attacks are meant to inspire self-investigation are childish and irreverent.

Secondly, your macro doesn’t work better than Beef’s. In terms of DPS (therefore threat), it is less than the posting by Beef. There isn’t a great difference but your numbers are definitely lower. Not much. Only a bit. I have done side by side testing with Skada for combat stat recording and with both sets of talent choices and glyphing.

Beef, your work is respected and admired. Giving these gifts back to the lazy community (lazy type of macro :slight_smile: ) encourages those of us with need of help. Don’t listen to your detractors who think they know better because they read something on ElitistJerks or Icy-Veins.

Question: How have your glyphs changed from your earlier postings, pre-6.1?

What are your glyphs, Beef? I am using the talents you’ve listed and have been using Death’s Advance manually and even though I just hit 100 with my DK I’m producing 4K DPS less than the BloodDK macro you posted before. My major glyphs are Vampiric Blood, Anti-magic shell, and Unholy Command.

Dakulus, are you serious? You could use a lesson on word choice and tact, pal. “A complicated mess with many pointless parts”

It’s great that you improved his macro, but where you failed was in the wording of your update. Were you to write:

“I removed some inefficient parts from your macro. What do you think of this?”

[quote quote=23542]Dakulus, my first comment is that your reply to Beef’s post is rude, impertinent, and disrespectful. If you don’t like it, don’t use it. Your implication that such attacks are meant to inspire self-investigation are childish and irreverent.
Secondly, your macro doesn’t work better than Beef’s. In terms of DPS (therefore threat), it is less than the posting by Beef. There isn’t a great difference but your numbers are definitely lower. Not much. Only a bit. I have done side by side testing with Skada for combat stat recording and with both sets of talent choices and glyphing.
Beef, your work is respected and admired. Giving these gifts back to the lazy community (lazy type of macro :) ) encourages those of us with need of help. Don’t listen to your detractors who think they know better because they read something on ElitistJerks or Icy-Veins.
Question: How have your glyphs changed from your earlier postings, pre-6.1?
[/quote]

Thank you for using them… I am currently remaking my macros for the Blood, as I have found a much better way now to spam everything in order with it actually firing off. Keeping a solid 20k+ single target and 40+ on are mobs. I will try and post the today as I hope I can finish these before work at 4am

Thank you again. And I pretty much have kept the same glyphs but those have changed now as well. Will try and post this afternoon, if not first thing tomorrow morning.

Thank you,

Beef

would love to see your updated blood macro.i have been using one from another post on here thats been pretty good in aoe and single target.curious if yours is better

there are two people that i normally ask about macros first, Beef here and my friend Brad so for me I say Thank you for your work as it really helps me alot. /

Thanks,

Try the new one I posted in the beginning of this post.

I appreciate it. Thanks a lot for all the support and happy gaming.

Beef

Quick questions,

When using this macro it appears to simply use breath and not attempt to prioritize it’s upkeep (death coils while its up, doesn’t start at 100 rp)… Am I messing something up here?

Also, why are you using Death Siphon instead of Death Pact? Death Siphon is overall a pretty bad talent in PvE, it wastes runes that could better be used to maintain BoS via chains of ice or death striking.

I see the OP keeps changing his macro code. It has come a long way since the initial post. However, reset timer numbers dont work with Gnomesequencer. Only reset combat and target. Also I’d like to echo what the person above me stated, that Death siphon is never something you want to use because the dps is horrible and you need the runes it costs for something useful. Another thing you don’t want to us BoS unless you can manage your Runic Power properly for maximum uptime. I’m not trying to flame or put your work down, just trying to help.

I get more dps using the OP’s macro then your simple macro

[quote quote=23779]I get more dps using the OP’s macro then your simple macro

[/quote]

@ Morgnan How is this at all relevant to discussion and helping OP with his work? Your flame is unnecessary and not wanted here.

Fact of the matter is that Death Siphon is a terrible talent due to its ratios and the resources it uses. With those death runes you can either A) Heal more with a death strike, B) Use blood boil, C) Use Chains of Ice for BoS sustain.

Furthermore, it makes no sense to include death coil in any kind of macro that uses BoS in it. Using Death Coil is detrimental to maintaining BoS since both use RP.

If you need help understanding how DK tanks work, I can give you links to some posts on MMO Champ or a different source if you don’t like MMOChamp.

@OP

I really do appreciate your work, I haven’t been able to take the time to learn how to make these macros and your work definitely helps me understand how this process works overall.

[quote quote=23791]

I get more dps using the OP’s macro then your simple macro

@ Morgnan How is this at all relevant to discussion and helping OP with his work? Your flame is unnecessary and not wanted here. Fact of the matter is that Death Siphon is a terrible talent due to its ratios and the resources it uses. With those death runes you can either A) Heal more with a death strike, B) Use blood boil, C) Use Chains of Ice for BoS sustain. Furthermore, it makes no sense to include death coil in any kind of macro that uses BoS in it. Using Death Coil is detrimental to maintaining BoS since both use RP. If you need help understanding how DK tanks work, I can give you links to some posts on MMO Champ or a different source if you don’t like MMOChamp. @OP I really do appreciate your work, I haven’t been able to take the time to learn how to make these macros and your work definitely helps me understand how this process works overall.
[/quote]

Thanks so much, I am currently uploading mine as i just tanked heroic BF and have had much success with these. So they all will be updated today and again thanks,

Beef

Thanks for posting Beef. Your work is appreciated.