Blood (Tank) - 5.0.4

be sure to leave enough RP for out break so you dont get locked up waiting on RP

/castsequence [mod]Rune Strike;reset=target heart strike,death strike,outbreak
/cast Horn of Winter
/cast bone shield
/cast Rune Tap
/cast Empower Rune Weapon
/use 13
/use 14

btw this is with the outbreak glyph

This is what i came up with for blood tanking and it works really well in the raid i do every week so here it goes

#showtooltip

/castsequence Blood Boil,Death Strike

/cast !Anti-Magic Shell

/cast !Outbreak

/cast !Horn Of Winter

/cast !Bone Shield

/cast ! Vampiric Blood

/cast !Dancing Rune Weapon

/cast !Empower Rune Weapon

Then I have Rune Strike next to this macro to burn what ever RP I have left to get my regen up with the passive 45% chance at rune regen proc with Runic Corruption. As far as I have seen they have taking most of the equipment Use option off of trinkets and such unless they are like a toy item so I have just taking the /use out of the macro. Seeing how Bloodboil transfers any plague on the target there is a rare time I don’t have them up on something.

Hey guys, JM here with my take on the lazy macro for 5.0.4. Any ideas, please feel free to let me know.

#showtooltip
/castsequence [mod]Blood Boil;reset=target/5 Icy Touch,Plague Strike,null
/castsequence Rune Strike,Death Strike,Heart Strike,Icy Touch
/castsequence reset=60 Bone Shield,Dancing Rune Weapon,Blood Tap
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

this TRULY is a lazy ass macro. I have bone shield where it is, so that everytime I enter combat from a dead start, I make sure it’s up and ready. It’s working quite well so far. As usual I don’t put the /use features in mine, feel free to adjust as you see fit.

Thanks.

Toon is Talisien on Farstriders.

Hi John, i havent tested your macro yet, but, is there a way to incorporate everything in your macro without a modifier?

A bit like Jeremiah’s? And why would there be no Heart Strike in his macro? I thought Death Strike and Heart Strike are synonomous with blood dk?

regards.

I have modified both of these slightly to fit my needs;

#showtooltip
/castrandom Rune Strike,Death Strike,Dancing Rune Weapon
/cast !Bone Shield
/cast !Horn of Winter
/cast !Life Blood

and to in case I get full on RP or need a DS on command I keep this keybound

#showtooltip
/cast [mod] Rune Strike; Death Strike
/cast !Bone Shield
/cast !Horn of Winter
/cast !Life Blood

Tanking imo requires more than one macro to perform effectively especially at my 370 iLvl. Active mitigation sucks because of how many buttons we need.

I like to keep ERW off macro in case I need an emergency IBF or DS.

Please confirm… the !spellname means “if !spellname is active, then bypass spellname”

I tried some of the above but I kept getting stalled/jammed up. I think it was mostly because of abilities with GCD like Horn of Winter / Outbreak. IDK I tend to have to play with them until they work. Maybe its something with the glyph choices?

I ended up with a 2 macro system, 1 main rotation and 1 horn of winter/RuneStrike spammer

main

/run UIErrorsFrame:Hide()

/castsequence reset=target/20 Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Horn of Winter, null

/castsequence Blood Boil, Death Strike

/cast Bone Sheild

/cast Vampiric Blood

/cast Anti-Magic Shell

/cast Dancing Rune Weapon

RS / Horn of Winter Spammer

/castsequence reset=20 Horn of Winter, Rune Strike, Rune Strike, Rune Strike, Rune Strike, Rune Strike

sorry i havnt been around the reason i diddnt put Heart Strike in my rotation is due to my setup. i find it takes up another spells for what? I have no issues hold agro at all and i have more burst aoe and it procs to have free BB’s.

I know it looks odd but i like passive abilities. I will be working on this macro but as of now it works fantastic for me. I havnt had it freeze up on me. Now i would like to make another castsequence in there for frost strike and blague strike but it always wastes my outbreak. I wish it had the same kind of functionality like luis guardian bear macro. Ill have a new one soon.

I would like any advice to get BB to work on a castsequence on its own but i cant get the blood runes to match up to add heartstrike.

[quote quote=3464]I have modified both of these slightly to fit my needs; #showtooltip
/castrandom Rune Strike,Death Strike,Dancing Rune Weapon
/cast !Bone Shield
/cast !Horn of Winter
/cast !Life Blood
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear() and to in case I get full on RP or need a DS on command I keep this keybound #showtooltip
/cast !Bone Shield
/cast !Horn of Winter
/cast !Life Blood
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear() Tanking imo requires more than one macro to perform effectively especially at my 370 iLvl. Active mitigation sucks because of how many buttons we need. I like to keep ERW off macro in case I need an emergency IBF or DS. Please confirm… the !spellname means “if !spellname is active, then bypass spellname”

This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by <a title="View Beau Wuthrich's profile" href="https://wowlazymacros.com/members/beaujade/"></a> <a title="View Beau Wuthrich's profile" href="https://wowlazymacros.com/members/beaujade/">Beau Wuthrich</a>.

[/quote]

I like what u did there and i made a couple of tweeks if u dont mind.

Main macro looks like this now

/castsequence reset=target/20 Icy Touch, Plague Strike, null
/castsequence reset=target Blood Boil,Death Strike
/cast Anti-Magic Shell
/cast Bone Shield
/cast Vampiric Blood
/use 13
/use 14
/startattack

followed by a RS dumper

#showtooltip
/castsequence Rune Strike
/cast Horn of Winter
/cast Outbreak

and for when life gets tough an oh crap like this

#showtooltip
/castsequence Death Siphon
/cast Rune Tap
/cast Icebound Fortitude

After a lot of play testing this is what I have come up with for Blood Tanking.

This is my spec and I will try to explain each macro which I have 3.

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=target Blood Boil,Death Strike
/cast Outbreak
/cast !Bone Shield
/cast !Vampiric Blood
/use 13
/use 14
/startattack

Ok this is the main Atk or my all around go to macro. No I do not have icy touch nor do I have plague strike. Reason is simple. Outbreak +roiling blood = Amazing!

The only real benefit you get from casting each separately is if u glyph IT and then its only kinda useful. Outbreak is on a 2 min cool down for free so y not use it whenever its up to save runes. With BB starting out the rotation u get instant AOE after every target and DS will keep your shield up and more often then not your plagues will be up. then its keeps 3 of your cds going for threat and defence.

#showtooltip
/castsequence Rune Strike
/cast Horn of Winter
/cast Anti-Magic Shell

This is my RP dump and it keeps your buffs and rune regen at optimal preformance.

#showtooltip
/castsequence Death Siphon
/cast Rune Tap
/cast Icebound Fortitude

Finally this is my “I’m in trouble!” Macro and its pretty self explanatory. I have had 0 issues with this set at all and everything procs perfectly.

Enjoy!

Okay, Here are my real macros

This is my main starter

#showtooltip
/castsequence Rune Strike,Death Strike,Heart Strike
/cast !Bone Shield
/cast !Lifeblood
/cast !Vampiric Blood

This one for Death Strike and Rune Strike on [mod]

#showtooltip Death Strike
/cast Blood Tap
/cast Rune Tap

This for free Blood Runes

#showtooltip
/cast [mod] Soul Reaper; Heart Strike
/cast !Horn of Winter

Jermiah, so what happens with:

Death and Decay, desecrated ground and Lichborne?