BM Gnomesequencer

This is nothing fancy, and I just started using sequencer but I thought I would post what is working for me so far.

Talents:Dire Beast and A Murder of Crows are all that matters for sake of the macro here.

Sequences['BMSingle'] = {
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/startattack   
/petattack [@target,harm]
]],
'/cast A Murder of Crows',
'/cast Dire Beast',
'/cast Arcane Shot',
'/cast Cobra Shot',
'/cast Kill Command',
'/cast Bestial Wrath',
'/cast Cobra Shot',
'/cast Arcane Shot',
'/cast Cobra Shot',
'/cast Cobra Shot',
'/cast Kill Command',
'/cast Arcane Shot',
'/cast Cobra Shot',
'/cast Blood Fury',
'/use 13',
'/use 14',
}

I have Hot keyed Kill Shot with a stop cast so if you are in the middle of the sequence it will fire it off instantly.

#Showtooltip Kill Shot
/stopcasting
/stopcasting
/cast Kill Shot

Also I have Hot Keyed Focus Fire as you do not want to use this as a BM Hunter while Bestial Wrath is up (6 seconds) because it will hurt the DPS. Just wait for the 5 stacks and use it when Bestial Wrath is on cooldowns.

I did not add Glaive Toss into the sequence because for single targets it’s a DPS loss, feel free to test for yourself. It can go into your AOE Sequences just fine.

Anyways this is it and is meant to give BM Hunters something until someone of higher skill can make us a kick arse one!

EDIT: Feel free to put in whatever racial you have in place of Blood Fury or just remove the line completely if you prefer.

hello :smiley:
i am litle bit lost of this thingy! i just cant get this Gnome thingy work at all!
watch youtube and stuff but hell no it doenst work…

step by step
1.DL addon Gnomesequencer wow/interface/addons forlder
2.read all stuff and watch some videos
3.copy this BM Gnomesequencer thingy and copy to sequences.lua etc
4. start wow (this far i think all is good!?)
5 create klick macro like youtube says
6.try it
…and nothing happens???
PLZ HELP ME!!

[quote quote=18436]hello :-D
i am litle bit lost of this thingy! i just cant get this Gnome thingy work at all!
watch youtube and stuff but hell no it doenst work…

step by step
1.DL addon Gnomesequencer wow/interface/addons forlder
2.read all stuff and watch some videos
3.copy this BM Gnomesequencer thingy and copy to sequences.lua etc
4. start wow (this far i think all is good!?)
5 create klick macro like youtube says
6.try it
…and nothing happens???
PLZ HELP ME!!

[/quote]

when you create your macro does it fill in the #showtooltip and /click command? If not, check if you have Macrotoolkit installed. I had a problem where it would not create the macro correctly with Macrotoolkit installed…

[quote quote=18513]I had a problem where it would not create the macro correctly with Macrotoolkit installed[/quote] Did you get any errors, what exactly was happening? I guess there’s a compatibility issue I wasn’t aware of, but I’d like to have a look to see if there’s anything I can do about it.

Sequences['BMSingle'] = {
PreMacro = [[
/startattack   
]],
'/cast Kill Shot',
'/cast Dire Beast',
'/cast Kill Command',
'/cast Bestial Wrath',
'/cast Blood Fury',
'/use 13',
'/use 14',
}

Then make a new macro

/click BMSingle
/castsequence Arcane Shot, Arcane Shot, Cobra Shot, Cobra Shot

This will make the macro spamable.

this works fine no issues of any kind

Sequences['bms1'] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
           "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
           "/startattack",
           "/petattack",          
           '/cast Dire Beast',
           '/cast Arcane Shot',
           '/cast Cobra Shot',
           '/cast Kill Command',
           '/cast Bestial Wrath',
           '/cast Cobra Shot',
           '/cast Arcane Shot',
           '/cast Cobra Shot',
           '/cast Cobra Shot',
           '/cast Kill Command',
           '/cast Arcane Shot',
           '/cast Cobra Shot',
           '/cast Blood Fury',
           '/use 13',
           '/use 14',
PostMacro = [[
    ]],
}

Evening guys, I’ve been passive user and huge fan of lazymacros for a while now. Whilst I’m sat in the queue to log in I thought now might be the time to contribute.

Please see below for my BM contribution

One thing that always bothered me was the error sounds that appeared when spamming my macros. So adding the ‘/console Sound_EnableSFX 0’ and ‘/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();’ gets rid of this for me. I’ve also added ‘/use [nopet,nomod]Call Pet 1’ to summon my favourite pet when he’s not by my side. I’ve spent the whole time levelling using these two macros with no issues with the misdirection focused on my pet a 100% of the time.

Single Target
Sequences[‘BMsingle’] = {
PreMacro = [[
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/use [nopet,nomod]Call Pet 1
/startattack
]],
‘/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection’,
‘/cast !Kill Shot’,
‘/cast [combat]Bestial Wrath’,
‘/cast !Kill Command’,
‘/cast Glaive Toss’,
‘/cast Arcane Shot’,
‘/cast Cobra Shot’,
PostMacro = [[
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
]],
}

AOE
Sequences[‘BMaoe’] = {
PreMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
‘/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection’,
‘/cast !Kill Shot’,
‘/cast !Kill Command’,
‘/cast Glaive Toss’,
‘/cast Multi-Shot’,
‘/cast Cobra Shot’,
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

Personally I currently do not think there is any way to improve these macros but I’m open to ideas, so any constructive feedback is appreciated.

Cheers and happy levelling!

Hi There

Thank you for the great macro’s.
Is there any way that “mend pet” can be put in there but not cast every few seconds?

[quote quote=18574]Hi There

Thank you for the great macro’s.
Is there any way that “mend pet” can be put in there but not cast every few seconds?
[/quote]

Good Morning Tommy

I’m sure there are a few ways of doing this. A simple way would be to add the mend into a castsequence after an ability that has a desired cooldown; Glaive Toss seems appropriate with a 15 second cooldown. Please see below for the macro. I’ve added Heart of the Phoenix also for good measure.

Single Target
Sequences['BM1'] = {
PreMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
'/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection',
'/cast Heart of the Phoenix',
'/cast !Kill Shot',
'/cast [combat]Bestial Wrath',
'/cast !Kill Command',
'/castsequence Glaive Toss, Mend Pet',
'/cast Arcane Shot',
'/cast Cobra Shot',
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

Sequences['BMaoe'] = {
PreMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
'/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection',
'/cast Heart of the Phoenix',
'/cast !Kill Shot',
'/cast !Kill Command',
'/castsequence Glaive Toss, Mend Pet',
'/cast Multi-Shot',
'/cast Cobra Shot',
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

Hi Lebbeus,

Thank you, I am having to mend my pet when taking on 3 man group bosses alone, which are not that hard on shadow moon lol.

I will try these out right now :slight_smile:

Just set this all up for the first time. I only do lazy macros on my hunter and thought id give it a go. All working fine but the game keeps kicking me out. Is it to do with click speed because I have the macros set up for mouse wheel which free wheels pretty damn fast.

Great addon and great explanations. Working great for me. Just one small question I’m hoping someone has an answer to. I’ve tried everything to get it so it doesn’t actually scroll through every ability in the macro. When holding down the button I would just like it to only display whatever icon I’ve chosen for that macro. Otherwise, presently, when you press it the button looks like it’s having a fit and is throwing off my concentration during battle. Thanks!

Never mind. I figured it out. I went inside the Core.lua file and removed the following line of code and now it doesn’t change the icon anymore. :slight_smile:

self:CallMethod('UpdateIcon')

[quote quote=18552]Evening guys, I’ve been passive user and huge fan of lazymacros for a while now. Whilst I’m sat in the queue to log in I thought now might be the time to contribute.

Please see below for my BM contribution

One thing that always bothered me was the error sounds that appeared when spamming my macros. So adding the ‘/console Sound_EnableSFX 0′ and ‘/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();’ gets rid of this for me. I’ve also added ‘/use [nopet,nomod]Call Pet 1′ to summon my favourite pet when he’s not by my side. I’ve spent the whole time levelling using these two macros with no issues with the misdirection focused on my pet a 100% of the time.

<strong>Single Target</strong>
Sequences['BMsingle'] = {
PreMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
'/cast !Kill Shot',
'/cast !Kill Command',
'/cast Glaive Toss',
'/cast Arcane Shot',
'/cast Cobra Shot',
PostMacro = [[
]],
}
<strong>AOE</strong>
Sequences['BMaoe'] = {
PreMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
'/cast !Kill Shot',
'/cast !Kill Command',
'/cast Glaive Toss',
'/cast Multi-Shot',
'/cast Cobra Shot',
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

Personally I currently do not think there is any way to improve these macros but I’m open to ideas, so any constructive feedback is appreciated.

Cheers and happy levelling!
[/quote]

Here is my veneration I removed the the UIErrorsFrame and Sound SFX parts of the pre and post macro, as they really don’t bother me, and it lets me know everything is working OK.

I expanded the actual shot rotation a bit for two reasons:

First; I added a Multi-shot in my single target macro for the “Beast Cleave” buff for my pet.

Second; I have better focus regeneration with both macro with the expanded macro

Lastly I removed the use items as I already have them in a popit macro with “Aspect of Fox,” and it gives me more control when they are used.

Edit: Forgot to mention; I removed the call pet, as it it would only call the first pet in my stable, which might not be the one I need for the group. Which meant I would have to dismiss it and call the one I need. Besides My “Hunter Helper” addon warns me when I don’t have a pet.

Sequences[‘BMSingle’] = {
PreMacro = [[
/startattack
/petautocastoff [group] Growl
/petautocaston [nogroup] growl
]],
‘/cast Heart of the Phoenix’,
‘/cast Dire Beast’,
‘/cast !Kill Command’,
‘/castsequence Glaive Toss, Mend Pet’,
‘/cast Arcane Shot’,
‘/cast Cobra Shot’,
‘/cast Multi-Shot’,
‘/cast Cobra Shot’,
‘/cast Arcane Shot’,
‘/cast Cobra Shot’,
‘/cast Arcane Shot’,
‘/cast Cobra Shot’,
}

Sequences[‘BMAoE’] = {
PreMacro = [[
/startattack
/petautocastoff [group] Growl
/petautocaston [nogroup] growl
]],
‘/cast Heart of the Phoenix’,
‘/cast Dire Beast’,
‘/cast !Kill Command’,
‘/castsequence Glaive Toss, Mend Pet’,
‘/cast Dire Beast’,
‘/cast Multi-Shot’,
‘/cast Cobra Shot’,
‘/cast Multi-Shot’,
‘/cast Cobra Shot’,
‘/cast Multi-Shot’,
‘/cast Cobra Shot’,
}

Hi guys,

I’m at work putting this Macro together now so I can drop it into my addon folder tonight.

Quick question about editing the .lua file to make this work properly.

Is this the correct format for the macro inside the .lua file?:

local _, Sequences = ... Sequences['BMSingle'] = { PreMacro = [[ /targetenemy [noharm][dead] /startattack /petattack [@target,harm] ]], '/cast A Murder of Crows', '/cast Dire Beast', '/cast Arcane Shot', '/cast Cobra Shot', '/cast Kill Command', '/cast Bestial Wrath', '/cast Cobra Shot', '/cast Arcane Shot', '/cast Cobra Shot', '/cast Cobra Shot', '/cast Kill Command', '/cast Arcane Shot', '/cast Cobra Shot', '/use 13', '/use 14', }

Or should I remove the very first line?

local _, Sequences = …

In the Gnomesequencer example file, it says to NOT TOUCH the very first line, so I left it in.

But I see everyone just posting their sequences without that line added.

Should I leave that line or remove it?

[quote quote=18735]Hi guys,

I’m at work putting this Macro together now so I can drop it into my addon folder tonight.

Quick question about editing the .lua file to make this work properly.

Is this the correct format for the macro inside the .lua file?:

local _, Sequences = … Sequences['BMSingle'] = { PreMacro = [[ /targetenemy [noharm][dead] /startattack /petattack [@target,harm] ]], ‘/cast A Murder of Crows’, ‘/cast Dire Beast’, ‘/cast Arcane Shot’, ‘/cast Cobra Shot’, ‘/cast Kill Command’, ‘/cast Bestial Wrath’, ‘/cast Cobra Shot’, ‘/cast Arcane Shot’, ‘/cast Cobra Shot’, ‘/cast Cobra Shot’, ‘/cast Kill Command’, ‘/cast Arcane Shot’, ‘/cast Cobra Shot’, ‘/use 13′, ‘/use 14′, }
Or should I remove the very first line?
local _, Sequences = …
In the Gnomesequencer example file, it says to NOT TOUCH the very first line, so I left it in.

But I see everyone just posting their sequences without that line added.

Should I leave that line or remove it?
[/quote]

Leave it, as it is the basic line for the entire folder. The reason it is not list on everyone’s individual macros, is it shared by all of the macros.

As for as your macro it looks like it should work, but the only way to know for sure is to test it in game. Believe me it took me 10 tries to get mine to work. My guild mates started to worry about why I kept loging in and out, as I refind my macro. Just one thing, you might want to waeve one Multi-shot in it, to give your pet the “Beast Cleave” buff.

OK, thank you!

An excellent rotation, except with my Logitech G13 gameboard, set with 100ms repeat, I am not seeing Kill Command go off regularly… i have the focus, and if I hit another key with it, it goes off… have tried with and without leading ! and it seems to make no difference…

dupe post. please ignore.

I’m having the same exact problem.

The macro works perfectly fine. The problem is that the game is booting me out every couple minutes when I spam it.

I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. Are we supposed to spam the button? Or just click it once every couple seconds?

The only other Addons I have installed are Recount, DBM and SuperDuperMacro (I only use SDM to create macros that are bigger than the default WoW macro interface alows.) But I don’t use Gnomesequencer with SDM anyway. I create the blank macros for Gnomesequencer using the default WoW macro tool.

Is SDM the problem maybe? Should I sub it with MacroToolkit? I could get rid of it altogether since I only need to make blank macros with Gnomesequencer. But not sure if that is even the issue or not.

Anyone have any ideas why I’m getting constantly booted with Gnomesequencer?