DarkBear All Talents

Dark, are you still using this? If so, did you make any changes? Go full time with the beta, or use the original one?

I am still using it everyday. I honestly donā€™t use the [mod:shift] to fire defensives much anymore and just have them on my bars.

I had a 96 parse on Heroic Argus and a 98 parse on Heroic Agg last night using it (973ilvl)

[quote quote=58293]

Dark, are you still using this? If so, did you make any changes? Go full time with the beta, or use the original one?

I am still using it everyday. I honestly donā€™t use the [mod:shift] to fire defensives much anymore and just have them on my bars. I had a 96 parse on Heroic Argus and a 98 parse on Heroic Agg last night using it (973ilvl)[/quote]

The beta or original?

Technically the Beta, but honestly the only difference is my attempt to force it to maul once in awhile to add some dps but it does not seem to make a difference.

Hey Dark!,

Iā€™ve been looking at the logs of some top 10 guardian druidā€™s and noticed that they are using maul again. More accurately I should say they are using maul during hero/lust. I would like to try including maul as well but wasnā€™t sure if/where I could add it to your above macro. Would adding maul break your macroā€™s flow since it costs so much to use? Any help or thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

B

hey there.

ive been running your macro for a good 4 months now(maybe you remember me from my posts about trash and mangle). also tried the beta version(which im still currently running) but im still left with a few questions. how can i lower the frequency of it firing moonfire? the moment every other spell is on cooldown all the macro ever does moonfire. also, how can i add more swipes into the rotation? right now he only does it 3 times in the opener and never again. no matter how long the fight progresses.

tl;dr how to get less moonfires and more swipes?

[quote quote=58555]Hey Dark!,
Iā€™ve been looking at the logs of some top 10 guardian druidā€™s and noticed that they are using maul again. More accurately I should say they are using maul during hero/lust. I would like to try including maul as well but wasnā€™t sure if/where I could add it to your above macro. Would adding maul break your macroā€™s flow since it costs so much to use? Any help or thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
B[/quote]

I have been trying to weave a Maul or 2 into this for awhile now, and just cannot seem to get it to flow. It either refuses to cast Maul or it starts dropping Iron Fur uptime to a point that is unsafe. I have toyed with the idea of a ā€œDPSā€ version of this that does not cast IF at all (For when you are not the active tank, or you really just say ā€œFā€ the healers! Iā€™ma parse here! lol) and uses all Rage on Maul but I have not ended with anything that I really just love. I generally parse 90% or above for Damage done and Healing done in Heroic just using this macro and literally not doing anything else except managing my Defensiveā€™s and Frenzied Regenā€™s so I am not very motivated to put more effort into it lol. I know that;s lazy because I know it would be a gain and an even better parse if I did, but meh this is lazymacros after all.

Iā€™ll see about revisiting the idea though. or if you come up with something, please feel free to edit or share.

[quote quote=58657]hey there.
ive been running your macro for a good 4 months now(maybe you remember me from my posts about trash and mangle). also tried the beta version(which im still currently running) but im still left with a few questions. how can i lower the frequency of it firing moonfire? the moment every other spell is on cooldown all the macro ever does moonfire. also, how can i add more swipes into the rotation? right now he only does it 3 times in the opener and never again. no matter how long the fight progresses.
tl;dr how to get less moonfires and more swipes?[/quote]

Given my 90%+ parses on every fight in H ATB Iā€™m pretty unmotivated to change anything, however I will take a look at playing around with less Moonfires and more Swipes as I agree that there is some efficiency lost there and let you guys know what I come back with. but for now there is an [alt] modifier built in to add more Swipes, or put swipe on a separate button and hit it occasionally.

Sequences[ā€˜DarkBearRoarā€™] = {
ā€“ This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.08.
Author=ā€œDarkmanzā€,
SpecID=104,
Talents = "Any Talent combination For max DPS I suggest: 1?1?321 and for max survival:2?3?221 ",
Helplink = ā€œnoneā€,
Help = [[Version: DBR1.1.02, All Talents are Supported!Change the Loop limit Number if you are not happy with the number of Frenzied Regens being cast. Smaller number will result in faster use where a larger number will cast it less frequently.]],
Default=1,
MacroVersions = {
[1] = {
Combat=true,
Trinket1=false,
Trinket2=false,
Head=false,
Neck=false,
Belt=false,
Ring1=false,
Ring2=false,
StepFunction = ā€œPriorityā€,
LoopLimit=10,
KeyPress={
ā€œ/cast [@player, nostance:1] Bear Formā€,
ā€œ/targetenemy [noharm][dead]ā€,
ā€œ/castsequence [combat] reset=target moonfire, nullā€,
ā€œ/cast [talent:2/3, nocombat] Wild Chargeā€,
ā€œ/castsequence [combat] reset=combat Thrash, Swipe, Swipe, Swipe, Thrash, nullā€,
ā€œ/cast [talent:1/1, combat] Barkskinā€,
},
PreMacro={
ā€œ/cast Moonfireā€,
},
ā€œ/cast [talent:7/3, combat] Pulverizeā€,
ā€œ/castsequence reset=5 Thrashā€,
ā€œ/castsequence reset=5 Mangleā€,
ā€œ/castsequence Ironfur, Ironfurā€,
ā€œ/castsequence Thrash, Mangleā€,
ā€œ/castsequence Maul, Swipeā€,
ā€œ/cast [talent:5/3, combat] Moonfireā€,
ā€œ/cast [talent:7/3, combat] Pulverizeā€,
PostMacro={
ā€œ/cast Mangleā€,
},
KeyRelease={
ā€œ/cast [combat] Thrashā€,
},
},
},
}

Sequences['DarkBearRoar'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.08.
  Author="Darkmanz",
  SpecID=104,
  Talents = "Any Talent combination For max DPS I suggest: 1?1?321 and for max survival:2?3?221 ",
  Helplink = "none",
  Help = [[Version: DBR1.1.02, All Talents are Supported!Change the Loop limit Number if you are not happy with the number of Frenzied Regens being cast. Smaller number will result in faster use where a larger number will cast it less frequently.]],
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=true,
      Trinket1=false,
      Trinket2=false,
      Head=false,
      Neck=false,
      Belt=false,
      Ring1=false,
      Ring2=false,
      StepFunction = "Priority",
      LoopLimit=10,
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [@player, nostance:1] Bear Form",
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/castsequence [combat] reset=target  moonfire, null",
        "/cast [talent:2/3, nocombat] Wild Charge",
        "/castsequence [combat] reset=combat  Thrash, Swipe, Swipe, Swipe, Thrash, null",
        "/cast [talent:1/1, combat] Barkskin",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast Moonfire",
      },
        "/cast [talent:7/3, combat] Pulverize",
        "/castsequence  reset=5  Thrash",
        "/castsequence  reset=5  Mangle",
        "/castsequence Ironfur, Ironfur",
        "/castsequence Thrash, Mangle",
        "/castsequence Maul, Swipe",
        "/cast [talent:5/3, combat] Moonfire",
        "/cast [talent:7/3, combat] Pulverize",
      PostMacro={
        "/cast Mangle",
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast [combat] Thrash",
      },
    },
  },
}

all credit to darkonius i just edited a little bit

@mattymoose - what did you edit specifically?

So what would you recommend spamming this at to get those 90 parses? Iā€™m using 70ms but my dps seems so low like 200kā€¦ using icy veins build. Should I be using 100ms or 150ms Iā€™m so lost

Spam rate is specific to the individual. There is no magic fit all number. It depends on your gear, your latency and a few other things.

200k in what gear? ivlv? legos? trinkets? talents?

Iā€™m 973ilvl I use the back and Shoulders, I have a 945 eye of command and a 1000 ilvl aggramarā€™s conviction. I can generally pull over 800k-1.2m dps on Heroic bosses single target.

hey Dark. is there a chance that you can get this to work in the macro

KeyRelease={
    "/console autounshift 0",
    "/cast Regrowth",
    "/console autounshift 1",
  },
},

},
}

so you donā€™t shift out off bearfrom when you us Regrowth. maybe makes it a bit easier to self heal

[quote quote=59117]hey Dark. is there a chance that you can get this to work in the macro
KeyRelease={ ā€œ/console autounshift 0ā€, ā€œ/cast Regrowthā€, ā€œ/console autounshift 1ā€, }, }, }, }
so you donā€™t shift out off bearfrom when you us Regrowth. maybe makes it a bit easier to self heal[/quote]

canā€™t use Regrowth while in Bear form. would be crazy OP if you could

ah sadly :slight_smile: thx for info and thx for super macro

05/10/18

Ok people I have put a new macro up. Please read the notes, This thing is a Ferrari and will put you into the wall in a blink if you donā€™t pay attention as it does not manage any Defensive for you by itself including the all important Ironfur buff (you need to either use the modifiers provided or spam them yourself when needed)

Please enjoy and Drive safe :stuck_out_tongue:

It looks like at a glance that lines 33 and 34 have been added and the loop limit was reduced from 12 to 10.

I appreciate the effort to make something better (I do not by any means claim to have all of the answers), I would however like to comment on a couple of things here because they are pet peeves of mine and have severe OCD so please take it as constructive criticism or just ignore me altogether.

The lines that you added: (this one and the one similar have the same issues)
"/castsequence reset=5 Thrash",

1. A /castsequence with a single spell is the same as /cast (except you can in a normal macro assigne a clever reset as you have tried to do here with a /castsequence instead of just /cast, however see #2 and 3)
  2. reset=5 means begin at the first spell in the sequence if the macro has not been called for 5 seconds, but since the usage of the macro as a whole is spammed at several clicks per second the reset condition is never met. What I mean by this is that a reset=(time in seconds) condition will not ever be met in a lazy macro that is being spammed, it will however work on ingame /castsequence macros that are individual and are not being spammed.
  3. Having said all or this we get back to the original problem that there is just one apell in the /casstsequence and therefore even if you could force it to meet the time condition it would still just loop back to the only spell in the line (which it is already doing without the condition being met, again 1 spell)

The end point is that in the way that you have used them, this would do exactly the same thing in its place:
"/cast Thrash",

I believe that you (as many do apparently) that this is some sort of ā€˜delayā€™ function within macro conditioning. It is not, and further there is no way to add any sort of delay command to a GSE macro or an ingame macro. There are ways to be tricky about hiding spells behind other spells that have cooldowns within a castsequence to effectively trigger a delay but thatā€™s another desusion.

Finally I want to say again that I am not attacking you, and that I really do appreciate that you have taken an interest and have taken the time to try to be helpful. I really encourage you to continue editing, writing and learning. I just wanted to dispel a popular myth.

thats ok, high end raiders dont seem to use ironfur anymore and instead maul away :). i am by no means an high end raider, im a ilvl 945 guardian and already finding myself hardly needing ironfurr. looking forward to testing this asap, keep up the great work :slight_smile: