Death Knight 5.2 Tank Macro

I did some testing on Mine, Baboulas7, and Quenti’s macros.

Disclaimer: this is a lvl 87 dk I tested on using gamon as my live target and I only have a ilvl 390 rating at the moment with some mismatched gear and a couple 85 pvp pieces so the results will vary
Baboulas7: 26.3k spike, 23k avg, 20k lowest dps
1. Spams rune tap alot so the health bar rarely went down.
  1. Generates alot of runic power. I had more than what i knew what to do with. I was constatnly burning it with rune strike.

Quenti: 26.5k spike, 24.3k avg, 22.2k lowest dps
1. Health bar barely moved any
  1. just enough runic power generation to get off a rune strike.

2. Takes about 3-4 seconds for all dot’s to be applied.

Relinquo: 29.3k spike, 26.8k avg, 24.3k lowest dps
1. health bar goes down bit by bit, but, usually comes right back up.
  1. dot’s are usually applied within 2 seconds.

2. just enough runic power generation to get off a rune strike.

These are the results I came up with (read disclaimer) for the time being. I’m pretty sure at lvl 90 at optimum gear the results will differ. I might like to add that with the blood tap talent it will make your toon will look like he’s having a convulsion, thus, appear that he’s not doing anything. To add to that, if you use an ability that’s not in the cast sequence that uses runes can also cause the macro to lock up i.e. Death and Decay. an addon that might be useful to watch damage is mik’s scrolling combat text. The icons by the damage can usually tell you if something is actually working.

Hope this helps in any way

Just starting blood tanking so tried all the previous macros to no effect - what they do for me is spam Soul Reaper, Death Strike and Rune Strike but apply no diseases. Using Soul Reaper with the target being over 35% health is a waste of runes so I made a separate macro for that. I also took out Death Strike as a /castsequence reset=0.3,0,Death Strike because it is in the main rotation anyway. Rarely Blood Boil doesn’t refresh the diseases (due to timeout) so added mod alt to refresh and also added mod ctrl to use the Blood Boil proc - too many of those procs were being wasted. Damage jumped dramatically hence threat. Also added a reset to the diseases - not good switching targets as a tank and it doing diseases that are already there again.

Above 35% health macro

/castsequence [mod:ctrl] Blood Boil;reset=1/alt Icy Touch,Plague Strike,Blood Boil,null
/castsequence reset=5 Heart Strike,Heart Strike,Death Strike,Heart Strike,Heart Strike,Death Strike,Heart Strike,Blood Boil,Death Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Rune Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 Horn of Winter
/cast [combat] Bone Shield
/cast [combat] Dancing Rune Weapon
/cast [combat] Empower Rune Weapon
/startattack

Under 35% health macro

/castsequence [mod:ctrl] Blood Boil;reset=1/alt Icy Touch,Plague Strike,Blood Boil,null
/castsequence reset=5 Soul Reaper,Heart Strike,Death Strike,Soul Reaper,Heart Strike,Death Strike,Soul Reaper,Blood Boil,Death Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Rune Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 Horn of Winter
/cast [combat] Bone Shield
/cast [combat] Dancing Rune Weapon
/cast [combat] Empower Rune Weapon
/startattack

I hope this helps others having any trouble. Talents to note are Rolling Blood and Runic Corruption - very macro friendly. Mastery build at 96% mastery is absorbing minimum 33k damage up to and often 170k damage. Level 88 at the moment. :slight_smile:

@michaeljackson

I like what you’ve done to the general gist of these macros, especially splitting it into a -/+ % set; however, the first line of the macro is giving me errors.

/castsequence [mod,<strong>ctrl</strong>] Blood Boil;reset=5/<strong>alt</strong> Icy Touch,Plague Strike,Blood Boil,null

I’m being told both this ctrl and alt are considered invalid.

Hello GoogleUser3, for some reason it seems like the bold (strong) HTML tags sticked to the macro but it should be easy to clean it up:

/castsequence [mod:ctrl] Blood Boil;reset=5/alt Icy Touch,Plague Strike,Blood Boil,null

Now the ctrl and alt keys should work properly.

I added the tags for emphasis, I just didn’t notice the website didn’t like them. You DID inadvertently correct one of the errors though.

[mod,ctrl] - Original
[mod:ctrl] - Correct

alt seems to be undefined, as WoW is telling me that it’s an unknown perameter.

I changed the reset to 1 - I noticed at reset=5 you have to hold ctrl for 5 secs to reset so now it’s a lot faster.

Now the main reason [mod:ctrl] won’t work is it will only work on keys 1 and 2 whereas [mod:alt] or any variation thereof works on any key so I noticed. So if you are having a problem with it just move the macro to either key 1 or 2.

@michaeljackson

Thanks for the reply, but I guess I wasn’t clear.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Reset=alt is being called an undefined parameter, causing the macro to halt. I assume there is a syntax error causing the problem, much like the previous error.

Aha I see, this will not happen using supadupamacro and doesn’t happen for me. I don’t use the above macro extender. Not too sure how you would fix it then. This could be an alternative.

/castsequence [mod:ctrl] Blood Boil;[mod:alt] Icy Touch,Plague Strike;reset=1 Icy Touch,Plague Strike,Blood Boil,null

This is pretty much my first 2 lines for my warrior macros as follows and works perfectly.

/castsequence [mod:alt]Heroic Strike;[mod:ctrl]Wild Strike;reset=target Bloodthirst,Heroic Strike

Hope this helps with your problem.

because lots of people in here complain that my macro does not workhere are some proofs that it does.

print screen 1 —> lfr nightmare of shek’zeer first boss
" wind lord mel’jarak" on adds aoe dps

wind lord mel'jarak

print screen 2 —> lfr nightmare of shek’zeer last boss
“Grand Empress Shek’zeer” on boss single target dps

Grand Empress Shek'zeer

for those that still insist that my macro does not work i rest my case!
cause the first pic in here seems blurred open it for the tynipic site.
plus i opened the recount panel to see the stats of the macro after battle.

Bab you also have to understand that what works for you may not work for others. With any macro I try and it doesn’t matter who made it, the ones in the following format will never work for me.

/castsequences reset=0.3 on top
/castsequence reset=target Main rotation on bottom

What does work for me is

/castsequence reset=target Main rotation on top
/castsequences reset=0.3 on the bottom

Don’t ask me why this is the way it is but that’s it for me, not your or anyone else fault. That’s why we make different macros to suit different players.

i agree that things may vary from client to client, but what pisses me off is that some people say that in this macro for example locks up cause the toon looks like having a sea sure and they do not have recount or scrolling combat text to see what is casting. that is why i take pictures so others may see that for me works just fine. and we should not forget that we talk about a TANKING macro and no dps.

you on the other hand like moonsorrow are always helping me to make a better macro.

i’ve tested all the macros that had been posted and all of them seem to work for me and all are good imo with just a few variations in dps/survivability(sp?) etc. There are several things to take into consideration as well such as client u.s. eu because scripts and macros seem to work differently depending on client and so forth and you also have to take into consideration the dk’s set up via talents, glyphs, gear, etc.

I mean i finally got around to switching to MTK instead of SDM and it’s helped and I also use mik’s scrolling combat text and have tidy plates with debuffs enabled above the bars to see what’s being applied as well as watching MSBT to watch the damage flowing and watch for certain icons in the damage.

All in all it all boils down to the dk’s makeup overall. I mean mine is setup to use Blood Tap and MJ’s is set up for conversion so yeah minor things can cause differing results

The stated Macro’s are bs as they “work for you” thats great but the rest of us using these macros look like we are at a rave and are raising the roof…

Can someone make a macro that works for tanking blood and that does damage as well. If it is possible leave out rune tap, and blood boil. from the macro so it uses everything else properly but actually has working single and aoe macros that do not use those ones currently posted that state they work correctly. I am almost all 522 and my dps is like 40k. Which is completly wrong. Can someone not just bitch about my post and make some NEW macros… It would be greatly appreciated.

[quote quote=6574]Bab you also have to understand that what works for you may not work for others. With any macro I try and it doesn’t matter who made it, the ones in the following format will never work for me.

/castsequences reset=0.3 on top<br>
/castsequence reset=target Main rotation on bottom

What does work for me is

/castsequence reset=target Main rotation on top<br>
/castsequences reset=0.3 on the bottom

Don’t ask me why this is the way it is but that’s it for me, not your or anyone else fault. That’s why we make different macros to suit different players.
[/quote]

Show me how you made your macros that way then in full please. Maybe that is my issue

hey Guys!

So i started up my DK :slight_smile:

im kinda missing a single and a AOE macro + some talents to go with it … could anyone share some :slight_smile:

BTW this site i still awesome as hell!! :slight_smile: <3

Hi Paatz, check this one out made by MultiMayhem:

https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/blood-dk-5-3

[quote quote=9832]Hi Paatz, check this one out made by MultiMayhem:

https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/blood-dk-5-3
[/quote]

Hey luis, thnx for a fast respond…

I’ve been looking at all those topics with Blood dk in it…

I just cant seem to find a specified single target macro and a specified AOE macro any where… and which talents that could go with those macros… i hope im not blind about it… i really looked around …

would it be possible to post them here?

There is no single target and aoe macros for tanking blood it is all the one macro.

See that just made me giggle!.. i didnt know that!

so what is the favorite talents?!

and ty again for the fast response!