Demonology 5.2 & 5.3

Anyone have a Good Working Demonology Macro for 5.2 or 5.3 Just trying out Demo for the first time on this Expansion. Been Destro/Afflic for so long I have no Idea about much changes in Demo.

Like a Macro for when in and out of Metamorphosis.

try this one

/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/petattack
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Imp Swarm
/castsequence [mod]Metamorphosis;[form]reset=target Doom,null
/castsequence [form] Touch of Chaos,Touch of Chaos,Touch of Chaos,Soul Fire
/castsequence reset=target/1 Curse of the Elements,null
/castsequence [form][noform] reset=0.3 0,Hand of Gul'dan
/castsequence [noform] reset=target/3 Corruption,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Soul Fire,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Soul Fire
/cast [form] Dark Soul: Knowledge

there is a form error that keeps appearing on the Macro?

[quote quote=8007]there is a form error that keeps appearing on the Macro?
[/quote]
Hello Casey, can you elaborate more or attach a picture about the error.

i think he means about the macro toolkit not recognizing the form command when u type it in

Bab thats correct

try using super duper macro add on (that is what i use right now).
i t says out of date run t anyways and u will be fine.

Hi
I’ve tried this macro, and it seems to be bugged for me : it never cast Hand of Gul’dan
In addition, is it normal that we have :

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Imp Swarm
and
/castsequence [form][noform] reset=0.3 0,Hand of Gul’dan
without any spell at 0,0 priority ?

Hello Flo, the Hand of Gul’dan problem has came up before and is an easy fix. For some reason the apostrophe key over here is not the same as in the game. I suspect is because people don’t wrap the macros with code tag on the forums and it produces a different ASCII code.

To fix it just delete the ’ and type it again inside the macro in game or delete the whole ability and shift click from spell book.

In reference to the Imp Swarm line there is 2 extra 0’s and commas that you can get rid of. He might of forgot while making it to remove them if he was testing other spells.

[quote quote=7103]try this one

/targetenemy [noharm][dead]<br>
/petattack<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Imp Swarm<br>
/castsequence [mod]Metamorphosis;[form]reset=target Doom,null<br>
/castsequence [form] Touch of Chaos,Touch of Chaos,Touch of Chaos,Soul Fire<br>
/castsequence reset=target/1 Curse of the Elements,null<br>
/castsequence [form][noform] reset=0.3 0,Hand of Gul’dan<br>
/castsequence [noform] reset=target/3 Corruption,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Soul Fire,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Soul Fire<br>
[/quote]

here my 2 cents:

splited in 2 macroes

Main_

/petattack
/castsequence [mod:alt]Metamorphosis;[form]reset=target Doom,null
/castsequence [form][noform]reset=0.3 0,0,Hand of Gul'dan
/castsequence [form]Touch of Chaos
/castsequence [noform,nomod]reset=target/3 Corruption,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt;[mod:ctrl]Soul Fire

Burn_phase_(demon form)

/cast [mod:alt] Metamorphosis
/castsequence [form][noform]reset=0.3 0,Hand of Gul'dan
/cast [form] Soul Fire
/use [form][combat]Dark Soul: Knowledge
/use [form][combat]14

Splitin you have more control over SF haste procs, DS and trinkets

tried to put a modifier on:
/castsequence [form]Touch of Chaos;[mod:ctrl]Soul Fire

to choose ToC or SF but didnt works.

here my 2 cents:

splited in 2 macroes

Main_

/petattack
/castsequence [mod:alt]Metamorphosis;[form]reset=target Doom,null
/castsequence [form][noform]reset=0.3 0,0,Hand of Gul’dan
/castsequence [form]Touch of Chaos
/castsequence [noform,nomod]reset=target/3 Corruption,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt;[mod:ctrl]Soul Fire

Burn_phase_(demon form)

/cast [mod:alt] Metamorphosis
/castsequence [form][noform]reset=0.3 0,Hand of Gul’dan
/cast [form] Soul Fire
/use [form][combat]Dark Soul: Knowledge
/use [form][combat]14

i honestly don’t understand why split the macro in 2 n the first place,and second u have them reversed.

plus in demon form all u cast is Soul Fire.
u probably have not studied the changes that happens when using meta.

take a look at my macro for instance.

/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/petattack
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Imp Swarm

/castsequence [mod]Metamorphosis;[form]reset=target Doom,null
/castsequence [form] Touch of Chaos,Touch of Chaos, Touch of Chaos, Soul Fire

when pressing alt u change forms so the above sequence is when u are in demon form and the below when u are out of it

/castsequence [noform] reset=target/3 Corruption,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Soul Fire,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Soul Fire

while in no form u cast Curse of the Elements in demon u cast Doom.
while in no form u cast Shadow Bolt in demon u cast Touch of Chaos.
and after 5 days of testing and tweking i have seen no better one all around macro for demon. and if u are to worried about sf not casting when procced place it in a button next to ur macro so u may cast it manually.
other than that i think the macro i provided is as complete as it gets.

Hello, i tried copying and pasting your macro into wow using the extended macro toolkit and it’s telling me that “argument not optional: form”

@baboulas7, while I have not tested the macros you guys have posted just want point out a few things unless they were intended. I see that you got the extra 0 fixed on Imp Swarm but when I made that macro it reads better if you keep the priority stuff together and put the null stuff at the top and normal sequences after priority if you can, it makes it easier to read at least to me when debugging.

@calucipher, I understand where you coming from to split it but watch out for a few things. While I know Curse of the Elements would reset after 1 sec of not using the macro and also target, when switching from macro to macro it will cast the Curse making it an unnecessary cast. I know is probably instant cast but every little bit helps. Since the form does not last that long I would suggest to get rid of that line that way it spends more time making damage rather than recasting existing stuff. For more control on the trinkets you can always put them in [form,combat] if you want keep it all in 1 macro.

The other thing is to maybe try the mod at the beginning of the line, sometimes it works better that way:

/castsequence [mod:ctrl] Soul Fire; [form] Touch of Chaos

@Jeffrey Schacht use superdupermacro add on, says out of date but u will be fine.
u have to remove macro toolkit or it will not work

@Luis

i have the
thus the
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Imp Swarm seemed like a better way to go.
i have to admit that i have not tested it with one less 0 but i use t just to be on the safe side.

as for the structure of the macro i made it that way so i will not get lost in the lines with meta priorities and stuff.
if u want to mess with it like changing the priority go ahead but i have to let u know i play on eu server and things are a bit different.

Per MacroToolkit, the correct syntax for [form] should be [form:1]
Also, if you’ve chosen the glyph, Dark Apotheosis, you’d need to create a separate macro for [form:2] since the one as given locks up due to spell name changes while in form:2

@Prieur

You are correct about the form changes. Typically if you have one extra form you don’t need to put form:1 or form:2 as the system will automatically read it. When you have more than two forms though you will have to do it. It’s very similar to how Druids have to do it.

Can I have a clean, uncommented, corrected and tested version of Bab’s single macro to copy/paste in SDM; please?

Uff

look at page one second post

First, thanks for the macro Baboulas7.
I’m leveling a warlock (87 atm) and its helping me a lot.
I have some questions.
I’m casting Hand of Gul’dan and overwriting Shadowflame buff (dps loss I think)
This is correct?
Should I stay in Metamorphosis until the end of demonic fury, or leave the Metamorphosis in 750 demonic fury?
Some guides saying to not drain all my demonic fury: (in 950…out 700)
probably my macro “problem” is because I’m low lvl, crap gear and my Metamorphosis has short duration.
any tips would be useful.

Thanks alot!!
sorry for my english.

Does anyone have an “old” copy of Baboulas’ macro that had the explicit form spell names in it? I accidentally deleted it and don’t care for that new one posted. Got better results with the “old” one that I tweaked. Have poured through the forums but can’t find it.