Demonology Service

Enix, good lookin out. Boss macro, but just two questions. Is this meant for Sequential or Priority? Also, have any idea why mod shift isn’t working? CTRL and ALT are but no go on shift.

[quote quote=40765]Enix, good lookin out. Boss macro, but just two questions. Is this meant for Sequential or Priority? Also, have any idea why mod shift isn’t working? CTRL and ALT are but no go on shift.
[/quote]

Sequential.

Mod Shift? CTRL? I don’t have those in my macro.

Yeah I know. I was editing yours to include MOD SHift for health funnel and MOD CTRL for Call Dreadstalkers (when it’s a free cast) mod:CTRL works fine, but MOD shift won’t and I can’t figure out why.

Happy Sunday!

So I’ve gone ahead and released the ST macro update I’ve been working on. It’s odd looking, I know. But, importantly, it works.

Despite Demonbolt not being a free cast in the macro, this hasn’t locked up on me in training and in dungeons, and the changes make for a pretty good DPS increase. Have a little faith with this macro and let it run, maybe even in AoE situations, and see for yourself!

Enjoy!

Stupid question, where did you install the 80ms?
Or is that for the mouse or keyboard?
If yes, how many repetitions is perfect?

[quote quote=41118]Stupid question, where did you install the 80ms? Or is that for the mouse or keyboard? If yes, how many repetitions is perfect?
[/quote]

80ms is what I have my Logitech G110 keyboard set to. So I build everything around that.

80ms is 0.08 seconds. Fast enough to spam, slow enough to tap manually. Slower is fine. Faster is when things break.

Thanks for your answer.
I play with the mouse with side buttons. Have the Rocat Nyth, and since you can build macro with xxx ms and repeats up to 245 times.
So the question, would it be useful to re-install the repetition?

Hey enix and ty for the awesome job you are doing.
now with the changes coming today namly:
“Demonology
Shadowbolt damage increased by 42%.
Demonbolt damage increased by 42%, but its damage is now increased by 10% per active demon (down from 18%).”

will this change anything for us? would it be better to go away from the demonbolt build and go for a straight up shadowbolt build? and use the summon darkglare instead of demonbolt?
since we should get a better substained dps with shadowbolt atleast how it is set up now.

[quote quote=41135]Thanks for your answer. I play with the mouse with side buttons. Have the Rocat Nyth, and since you can build macro with xxx ms and repeats up to 245 times. So the question, would it be useful to re-install the repetition?
[/quote]

Reinstall the repetition? Not sure what you mean.

[quote quote=41317]Hey enix and ty for the awesome job you are doing. now with the changes coming today namly: “Demonology Shadowbolt damage increased by 42%. Demonbolt damage increased by 42%, but its damage is now increased by 10% per active demon (down from 18%).”
will this change anything for us? would it be better to go away from the demonbolt build and go for a straight up shadowbolt build? and use the summon darkglare instead of demonbolt? since we should get a better substained dps with shadowbolt atleast how it is set up now.
[/quote]

My kneejerk reaction is that since both Shadow Bolt and Demonbolt are buffed by 42% that they remain the same in terms of talent choices. 10% per demon on top of that instead of 18% just means it’s less reliant on active demons to boost the damage beyond the baseline.

By the way, I’m not seeing any patch notes for today. Where did you see this?

Enix (or anyone),

I need some advice man. I really loved Demo until your Aff macro came around and I’ve been rolling with that, but I kind of miss the Demo.

Which do you prefer to play as? I know I can get killer performance out of both but I’m really struggling on deciding which one I like more.

[quote quote=41433]Enix (or anyone),
I need some advice man. I really loved Demo until your Aff macro came around and I’ve been rolling with that, but I kind of miss the Demo.
Which do you prefer to play as? I know I can get killer performance out of both but I’m really struggling on deciding which one I like more.
[/quote]

Ah, a hard choice. I love them both, too. For me, Affliction is my go-to spec. It has mobility, you have three global cooldowns of instant casts before you have to stop moving so you can position yourself during the start of a fight, and then again when reapplying your dots. And, thanks to dots, when you stop casting for whatever reason you’re not hit as hard by the DPS loss since you still have dots ticking away. In world content you can usually just triple dot a ton of mobs and Drain Soul on one to not die while they’re hitting you and come out on top.

Demonology has its perks, though. The sheer damage it can do is pretty amazing, even though it’s pretty much single target you burn through each target so quickly that you don’t usually have to bother with AoE. As long as you don’t have to move you are almost guaranteed the top DPS spot in a group of similar item level (provided you stacked haste), and seeing a rush of demons attacking things certainly makes you feel like a powerful summoner. Also, your Felguard is both a tank and a DPSer so in world content you are pretty protected, just sick him on all the mobs you want and as long as you can keep him up you’re good to go.

Destro… Well Destro is a fire mage with great burst and a cool look. But I personally don’t play it.

I’m keeping both Affliction and Demonology up on artifact traits and gear, so I can switch whenever I want. But you will almost always find me in Affliction.

I do love the mobility of Affliction. Super nice to still be able to dot up some adds or refresh dots on the boss while moving out of bad stuff or engaging in a fight that’s already started.

I guess I need to do the same and just switch my loot spec to Demo while doing stuff so I can keep a decent set of gear for both.

Thanks for the input!

On your last update what % of expert level did you find the sim when you ran it

Is this not working for anyone else? All the other HP macros are fine for me, this demo lock is the only one not working…

PeonOfWar, if you’re using GSE2, make sure you have the latest from Curse, open GSSE (/gsse), select the macro , and click ‘Create Icon’ then drag it to your action bar. If the icon is showing as a book in GSSE then this is your issue.

It’s a ? on my bar, like I said, all the other macro’s in the High Performance package work fine, only the Warlock one doesn’t seem to work. I cast Doom, my pet attacks, then nothing. I stand there with my stubby Goblin thumb up my butt :P. I guess if no one else has an issue, it must be on my end somewhere.

So, it does two actions and then fails? Are you out of Soul Shards when you attempt to cast? Or not 110 yet?

Relatively new to LazyMacros and REALLY new to using AHK. Can anyone provide an AHK script they would use with this macro? Do you execute the script and that does away with the finger mashing? The finger mashing is starting to kill my fingers, hands, and wrists. Doesn’t help to have carpal tunnel.

Thanks in advance.

This is for ur number 2 button… u can change to whatever button u want tho.

ifwinActive World of Warcraft
{
$2::
Loop
{
if not GetKeyState(“2”, “P”)
break
Send 2
sleep 80
}
return
}

$NUMPAD0::
SetKeyDelay 80
#MaxHotkeysPerInterval 9999
While GetKeyState(“numpad0”,“P”)
Send, {8}
Return

This is what I used personally. Change NUMPAD0 to whatever key you want to hold down to activate macro. Change {8} to whatever key the macro is bound to.

In this example, I hold down 0 on the number pad and it spams key 8 which has the macro. I don’t really like toggle macros because it slows me down personally.