Destruction – 5.0

[quote quote=3427]i put my macro again cause i cant edit the post above here is the macro /targetenemy [noharm]
/castsequence reset=target Curse of the Elements,null
/castsequence reset=target Immolate,Conflagrate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate, Incinerate,Chaos Bolt,Immolate,Conflagrate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate, Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Chaos Bolt
/cast Dark Soul: Instability
/cast Shadowburn [/quote]

So far I like it. Seems to work really well in my opinion.

[quote quote=3427]i put my macro again cause i cant edit the post above here is the macro /targetenemy [noharm]
/castsequence reset=target Immolate,Conflagrate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate, Incinerate,Chaos Bolt,Immolate,Conflagrate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate, Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Chaos Bolt
/cast Shadowburn [/quote]

I’ve tried it, worked decently right off… but what if you switch target?

When you switch over to a new target, the spell casting sequence is sometimes paused momentarily. This actually happens to most of the dps macros, not just yours. What exactly is the cause for this, and is there a way to get around it?

I also use this macro in bg you see, a moment of pause during what should be a burst/kill damage is facepalm. :- (

Any help is welcome.

When you switch over to a new target, the spell casting sequence is sometimes paused momentarily.

as far as I have tested it on dummies i did not find any problem with switching targets. the macro does what is supposed to do.

try and check if u have lag next time or lag spikes.
if not go to ur system settings to the advance section and at the reduce input lag drop down menu select enable.

CAUTION!!!
by doing this it will decrease your frame rate by tons.
i hope i helped

I’m using Bab’s macro with a tweak and it works better. The problem with the macro that Bab posted was that it wasn’t tested. Conflag has two CDs, one on charges and the other on a timer. To fix that this is what I did:

/targetenemy [noharm] [dead]
/castsequence reset=target Immolate,Incinerate,Conflagrate,Chaos Bolt, Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate, Incinerate,Immolate,Conflagrate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate, Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Chaos Bolt
/cast Shadowburn

I love it that I get 4 Shadowburns which hit for truckloads of damage. My only other tweak that should happen is moving the first Chaos Bolt up. Now my Warlock is not 85 but I am doing decent amount of DPS with this.

I also removed Shadowburn from it too. If your in the middle of casting and your Chaos Bolt comes up next and you used up all your Burning Embers from Shadowburn you can’t cast Chaos Bolt and the macro stops working.

So the best way is to remove Shadow Burn from the macro.

then cast Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate, to unlock

Bab,

Does it take 3 Incerates to gain one burning ember? If so than the rotation should be different.

So maybe Incerate x3, Chaos Bolt. Rinse and repeat.

So with the data found on numerous websites based upon rotation and how many Incerates it needs to fulfill a Chaos Bolt lets re-do the macro with something easier and see how it works:

/targetenemy [noharm]
/castsequence reset=target Immolate,Conflagrate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Chaos Bolt

Remove Shadowburn as it’s like a Kill Shot for Hunters and Execute for Warriors.

i have tested it and it is running out of embers cause u need 9 non crit Incinerate.

that is why i put all that cast sequence

the reason i say cast 3 Incinerate was to fill your ember to continue spamming

Hmm. I think we need a little assistance on this one. Let me do some research with some testing later tonight

Here is my issue; one this macro doesn’t fire enough Chaos Bolts. Second is the refresh for Immolate. With this macro you can refresh Immolate but not for a long time.

What I’m thinking is putting in Fel Flame in the macro some place maybe after each Chaos Bolt just to refresh Immolate on the target.

Lets try this:
/petattack
/stopmacro [channeling]
/castsequence reset=target curse of the elements,null
/castsequence reset=target/5 Immolate,incinerate,incinerate,fel flame,incinerate, incinerate,incinerate
/cast Chaos Bolt
/cast Shadowburn
/cast Dark Soul: Insanity

Ok did another test on it. This works

/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence reset=target/5 Immolate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Fel Flame, Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate
/cast Chaos Bolt

I’ve been using your macro, and find it very effective, but have experienced soem lockups on changing target, after a couple of tweaks and some testing I’ve come up with an update to your work, I would like more tests so if anyone can give opinions on this it would be appreciated

/targetenemy [noharm][dead]

/castsequence [mod]Chaos Bolt;reset=target/2 Immolate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate

/castsequence reset=1 Conflagrate

/cast Shadowburn

[quote quote=3577]

baboulas7 wrote: EricSubscriber /castsequence reset=target Curse of the Elements,null /castsequence reset=13 !Immolate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate /castsequence reset=1 Conflagrate /cast Dark Soul: Instability
I’ve been using your macro, and find it very effective, but have experienced soem lockups on changing target, after a couple of tweaks and some testing I’ve come up with an update to your work, I would like more tests so if anyone can give opinions on this it would be appreciated /targetenemy [noharm][dead] /castsequence reset=target Curse of the Elements,null /castsequence [mod]Chaos Bolt;reset=target/2 Immolate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate /castsequence reset=1 Conflagrate /cast Dark Soul: Instability /cast Shadowburn [/quote]

the macro u wrote is not mine

this is mine that we argue about :stuck_out_tongue:

/targetenemy [noharm]
/cast Shadowburn

I’m not quite sure how I made that mistake, very new to posting here, so maybe the Engineers that deal with the options I’m using should change from Gnomish to Goblin :), very sorry for the mistake, I will make sure that any small furry animal that may have got into my post and messed around will be severely punished :slight_smile:

[quote quote=3538]Ok did another test on it. This works /targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence reset=target/5 Immolate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Fel Flame, Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate
/cast Chaos Bolt
/cast Dark Soul: Instability [/quote]

tested it but runs out of embers

i may be wrong so i need confirmation

btw we need to start finalizing the macros that work