Destruction 5.2

Hello everybody,

I’m going to provide you with the 5.2 macro for Destro. There is one major change though and it all depends on which talent you choose. All of the talents in T5 are now viable with Supremecy doing the most DPS and Sacrifice coming next. Though the reports are saying that Sacrifice does 5% less, from my testing (492 item level) it only does about 3% less.

Supremecy is built on Haste whereas Sacrifice is built on Mastery. I currently do not have a macro working for Supremecy though you can use the same one, you won’t generate embers very fast though unless you use Rain of Fire as single target DPS. For the Sacrifice you won’t have to use that and you can use this rotation.

This one is similar to what Bab and others posted in the 5.1 topic, but I made some changes to it:

/castsequence reset=target Curse of the Elements,null
/castsequence reset=target Immolate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Fel Flame,Incinerate,Incinerate, Incinerate,
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Chaos Bolt
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Shadowburn
/castsequence reset=0.3 Conflagrate
/cast [combat] Dark Soul: Instability
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]

The one thing I don’t like about this macro is because of how Chaos Bolt functions in this one is you don’t get to build up burning embers.

It builds embers fast. It all depends on your mastery. My mastery is in the 80% with buffs and I can get 2-3 CBs off fast during hero I easily get off 3 CBs within a short amount of time

/castsequence reset=target Immolate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Fel Flame,Incinerate,Incinerate, Incinerate,

/use [combat] 13

/use [combat] 14

Thanks this is great but how do i take chaos bolt out? i deleted the line but it breaks shadowburn and conflag ;-(

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Shadowburn
/castsequence reset=0.3,0,Conflagrate
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14

See if that works

Thanks ill give it a try :wink:

Hey everyone. I took the above macro and modified it into a seemingly simple 2-step macro that I am seeing nearly a 11k dps increase. As with all things, individual results may differ with everyone, but thought I would at least share.

Button 1:

/stopmacro [channeling]
/click MultiBarLeftButton1
/click MultiBarLeftButton2

MB #1:

MB #2:

/castsequence reset=target Immolate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Fel Flame,Incinerate,Incinerate, Incinerate

I did not use /use commands for trinkets as I currently do not have any equipped, but I would assume you would want to use it under MB#1. Any constructive criticism to improve would be greatly appreciated.

[quote quote=5995]Hey everyone. I took the above macro and modified it into a seemingly simple 2-step macro that I am seeing nearly a 11k dps increase. As with all things, individual results may differ with everyone, but thought I would at least share. Button 1: /stopmacro [channeling]
/click MultiBarLeftButton1
/click MultiBarLeftButton2 MB #1: /castsequence reset=target Curse of the Elements,null
/targetenemy [noharm][dead] MB #2: /castsequence reset=target Immolate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Fel Flame,Incinerate,Incinerate, Incinerate
/castsequence reset=0.3 Conflagrate I did not use /use commands for trinkets as I currently do not have any equipped, but I would assume you would want to use it under MB#1. Any constructive criticism to improve would be greatly appreciated. [/quote]

You want DS:I to go off with Chaos Bolt or DS:I > Chaos Bolt. It works best in the macro together.

As for /use trinkets you will want one that syncs with DS:I (Crit Trinket) so your Chaos Bolt does 500-600k damage. The thing about Destro mastery spec is to figure out how to line up DS:I with crit trinkets and unleash a Chaos Bolt. A guild member of mine did 445k DPS in a Heroic because he figured out how to line up those spells together.

There is also the question of possible wastage of embers waiting for that “right time” to cast. What I do is if I have 4 embers but the boss is at 25% health (ie I do not want to cast CB but wait for SB) I will cast a single CB so as not to waste embers.

On the other hand if a boss is at 25% and DS is ready I will hold off using DS for that 5% in favor of using 4 SB in a row empowered with DS. Now it’s a judgement call all around as to what you do but to maximize DPS I found this is the way to go.

Also any encounter with 2 mobs or more I use RoF to generate embers faster, the time it takes to position and cast RoF is offset hugely by the extra CB/SB - the faster ember generation the more DPS.

For using the trinket proc I am assuming you would do the same thing. Last mini patch they changed the trinket proc behaviour. If it doesn’t proc first time the % chance goes up exponentially. They did this to get rid of bad streaks.

By the way did anyone try my AOE macro in the other thread - for me it works like a charm on 5 mobs or more.

Hi Michael I did and loved it.

i am just wondering if the macro should look more like this

/castsequence reset=target Immolate,Conflagrate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate, Fel Flame,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate

/use [combat] 13

/use [combat] 14

only tring to work this in the macro

/castsequence [mod] Havoc; reset=target Ghaos Bolt

so anyone with any idea’s are welcome im not a good in making macro’s

Conflag should not be put into a sequence because it will lock the macro up. If put on a separate line it will cast when it comes up from cool down.

As for the Havoc way you can do that. That will be fine, I keep Havoc on another button though.

Here is my Havoc macro, if you just use it on the first target it will cast Havoc and deselect it then you have to tab to the mob without Havoc on it. The alternate and best way to use it is to cast on the first target your normal rotation ie optimally CoE>Immolate then manually select the next target, use the macro and you are back on your original target to cast a CB on both.

#showtooltip
/targetenemy
/cast Havoc
/targetlasttarget

Not too sure how you would incorporate this into a mod sequence.

Evening, 1st post here, just to say i wish id found this site sooner!!! excellent ideas and help on macros! really great stuff!!!

Im using Marc’s macros from above with the conflag line taken out. works great!!!

am also using MJ’s havoc macro. works a treat as well.

just one thing, after looking at combat log, shadowburn doesnt seem to be working.

should i just have it on a separate button? maybe

#showtooltip

/stopcasting

/cast Shadowburn

once again, awesome stuff!!!

I do SB,CB and DSI manually - it is pretty imperative to time DSI with 4 SB/CB for optimal dps. If you are not level 90 and/or not raiding then do whatever you want.

Shadowburn works on mine. I can’t provide a combat log but I will next week as I will start to record them again for my guild.

[quote quote=6111]Evening, 1st post here, just to say i wish id found this site sooner!!! excellent ideas and help on macros! really great stuff!!!

Im using Marc’s macros from above with the conflag line taken out. works great!!!

am also using MJ’s havoc macro. works a treat as well.

just one thing, after looking at combat log, shadowburn doesnt seem to be working.

should i just have it on a separate button? maybe

#showtooltip

/stopcasting

/cast Shadowburn

once again, awesome stuff!!!

[/quote]

ok so maybe im not getting this, what exactly do you do with these macro’s I have the add on, i have it on my bar but every time i hit it, it says not ready yet, not ready yet, etc etc and my damage is crap. What am I doing wrong? my friend said if its done right you should only have to hit 1 over and over and over…

please advise

Hello Marc, the not ready yet message is normal because the macro is trying to fire spells that are not up in cooldown yet after being fired. The damage sometimes depends on how fast you push the key, most of the time have to spam the key to make all the abilities to fire off as soon as they come up.

If you have successfully copied the macros over to the game, then all is left for to make sure you have the right gems, enchants, spec, talents, gear, pet, etc.

Marc,

What you need to do first is extend the macro, so that its longer than 255 characters.

As for the spell not ready, you can use addons to remove that such as Error Filter: Fandom

If you use ElvUI they have that already built in. You can download ElvUI here: http://tukui.org/dl.php

[quote quote=8024]ok so maybe im not getting this, what exactly do you do with these macro’s I have the add on, i have it on my bar but every time i hit it, it says not ready yet, not ready yet, etc etc and my damage is crap. What am I doing wrong? my friend said if its done right you should only have to hit 1 over and over and over…

please advise

[/quote]

is there any macro commend to cast Rain of Fire at a specific location relative to your characters facing/distance?

so that you may lay out a rain of fire with a single button rather than having to use your mouse to specify the location.