dk 2h frost 6.0.2 using swapbar method - no leading 0's

hello all,

i have been reading about and using the macros on this site for a while. thanks for all the information. i was trying to make a 1 button macro for a dk frost 2h, by copying something i saw for a beastmaster hunter, but i just could not get it to work.
so far, since the change (is it permanent?) of getting rid of leading 0 technique i have not seen anything i can use for my dk. so i have tried to copy and change something i saw for a blood dk.
feel free to critique and/or give me ideas.
my dk is level 62 right now, i think most of what i have here will be useful for a while.
my general thinking is the following -

1. i want to use ‘obliterate’ first because there is a 45% chance that howling blast will be free if i do
  2. i want to use ‘howling blast’ next
  3. i want to use ‘plague strike’ next, to apply blood plague
  4. i want to use ‘blood boil’ next, to spread the blood plague from step 3
    **** i also want ‘frost strike’ to fire off whenever i have rune energy for it

my talents are 1,3,1,2 - i just moved to a new server so i dont have any glyphs yet lol. i am hoping that this new level 100 talent necrotic plague is good for frost?

so with all of that said, here is my 4 bar swapping macro, i am using bartender. thanks for all the tutorials on how to set it up.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////

button 1 on bar 1
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/castsequence Obliterate
/use 13
/use 14
/startattack
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
/swapactionbar 1 2

button 1 on bar 2
/castsequence Howling Blast
/use 13
/use 14
/startattack
/swapactionbar 2 3

button 1 on bar 3
/castsequence Plague Strike
/use 13
/use 14
/startattack
/swapactionbar 3 4

button 1 on bar 4
/castsequence Blood Boil,!Frost Strike
/use 13
/use 14
/startattack
/swapactionbar 4 1

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

i also have very simple swap action macros like

/swapactionbar 4 1

at the bottom of each appropriate bar so i can jump from bar to bar manually if necessary.

i am guessing that as i increase in level i can add stuff like ‘pillar of frost’ to the first macro? i put the ‘!frost strike’ after the blood plague, it seems to fire off often enough. is it a waste to spread ‘plague strike’ blood plague with ‘blood boil’?

so i would appreciate any advice, criticism, other ideas of how to make the macro better. far as i can tell it is all firing off on target dummy fine. the way i have it set up frost strike seems to almost go of often enough to where i dont have to manually do it.

my apologies if there is something like this already. currently i have a headache from trying to figure out how to redo all my macros now that blizz has changed things up. and i have not seen a dk 2h frost 6.0.2 that does NOT use leading 0’s.

looking forward to advice. i am wondering if when i hit level 100 necrotic plague will mean i can get rid of a lot of stuff in the macro and simplify it? is necrotic plague something that is meant for frost? frost strike buffs it so i am guessing so?

just looked over your macro and it would work. There is a way you can actually make the macro use less swaps and that is adding an additional castsequence in each.

example…

/castsequence reset=5 (spell name) or castsquence reset=5 (spell name)(spell name) etc.

/castsequence (spell name) or castsquence (spell name)(spell name)(spell name)etc.

and

/cast (spell name)

/swapactionbar

you can effective limit your swap bar macro into one swap or even making it a single button macro. I posted this reply to wowwiki article on another response to your question on my druid macro and here it is again.
Making a macro | WoWWiki | Fandom Its really easy once you have a general knowledge of macros and you are on the right track. my first attempts were very similar to what you wrote above and I actually start my one button macros as swapbars and then work out how to shorten down to a one button. Good work and chat soon :slight_smile:

heya thanks i will check out that info later.

i do think that i have made a major mistake(s). i have seen you post a lot so i appreciate any feedback you have.

my current swapbar technique macro i have posted keeps on cycling through ‘plague strike’ and ‘blood boil’. these actually only need to be applied every 30 seconds now that i think about it. plague strike to apply it, blood boil to spread it. so i would only want these firing off every 30 seconds, every other firing off is wasting resources that should have gone to ‘obliterate’ and ‘howling blast’.

i do want ‘frost strike’ going off as often. also of course i want ‘obliterate(or frost strike’ and ‘howling blast’ firing off when they proc special and light up.

so i will check out your information link later, thanks again i am heading out to work. but i think my swapbar although it functions is not a great answer. i am thinking right now the following

1 - a button that cycles through ‘obliterate’ and ‘howling blast’, pound on this all day long
2 - a button that cycles through ‘plague strike’ and ‘blood boil’, push twice at the start of a fight, most fights dont seem to last more than 30 seconds, and right after ‘blood boil’ fires the sound and graphic make it kind of obvious. after the first application, ignore this button.
3 - individual buttons for ‘frost strike’, ‘obliterate’, and ‘howling blast’ (and ‘soul reaper’ when level is high enough

i find it dangerous to put ‘frost strike’ in a sequence, because if there is not enough rune energy and it gets stuck there nothing else will fire off?

and depending on how this necrotic plague thing works out at level 100, possibly delete button 2 at that time? as howling blast will spread the necrotic plague to all mobs? still confused about how this new ability will work.

thanks again for all the info, i will check things out later tonnight

all right, so this is my solution so far. it will take two buttons.

one swap bar button

one normal button

***** note, at least for me, i make sure all the buttons are the same on all bars. except the swap bar macro button of course

///////// swap bar button /////// this means it keeps changing bars after it executes /////////

button 1 on bar 1
/castsequence Obliterate,Howling Blast
/use 13
/use 14
/startattack
/swapactionbar 1 2

button 1 on bar 2
/cast Frost Strike
/use 13
/use 14
/startattack
/swapactionbar 2 3

button 1 on bar 3
/cast Soul Reaper
/use 13
/use 14
/startattack
/swapactionbar 3 1

///////// secondary button you want to be right next to button 1 on all bars /////////////

/castsequence reset=2.0 Plague Strike, Blood Boil
/use 13
/use 14
/startattack

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

i dont even have soul reaper right now, but still functions for me as it goes to the next bar.

so here is how i have been using this on the target dummy

press button 1 once, obliterate executes (giving 45% of free howling blast)
press button 1 twice, howling blast executes and you see the big graphic and hear the big whooooooooosh

press secondary button once, plague strike goes off applying blood plague
press secondary button twice, blood boil goes off spreading blood plague to all mobs
(plague strike and blood boil last for 30 seconds) blood plague also has a very distinct graphic and sound so hopefully easy to tell it went off and it is time to go back to button 1

press button 1 again, frost strike will go off if enough rune energy, wont hang up if it cannot fire
press button 1 again, soul reaper will go off if it can

hammer on button 1 until yer eyes bleed lol. seriously just watch for if blood plague falls off and then hit secondary button twice again. only hitting the secondary button around every 30 seconds means you are not wasting runes on reapplying ‘Plague Strike’ and ‘Blood Boil’ again and again.

so you are mostly hitting button 1 which is cycling through the bars most of the time. i believe that you can insert /cast Pillar of Frost etc into the very first button that has Obliterate and just pile all of your cooldowns there.

i welcome a better way or other idea. i actually kind of like this because i usually have a few hang ups now and then of Frost Strike hanging things up. since the bar keep changing no probs. i am also thinking that possibly when level 100 is hit and if ‘Necrotic Plague’ is chosen, the secondary button can be deleted. just pouond on 1 button again!!! wooooohooooooo.

back to work for me!! lunch was fun. thanks again to all of the people that have posted macros on here, i hope this one is maybe kind of useful in return.

p.s. if anybody wants to take a shot at putting ‘Plague Strike’ and ‘Blood Boil’ back into the swap button using ‘null’ or something to make them only go off every 30 seconds that would be awesome. my efforts failed . . .

So is this gonna be up dated as you get to 100 or is this a done macro…
Also what do you do if the target dies while on say bar 2 cycle to bar 1 before the next mob or just pound through the macro till bar 1 comes up and thew start the button 1 twice etc…

NVM the last part of the prev question it was stupid…