Does Gnome Sequencer work for Macs?

As it seems Gnome Sequencer has now replaced macro toolkit as the leading addon for lazy macros. Being a mac user, I downloaded Gnome Sequencer and everything in the files just looked different, and I couldn’t get anything to work or even show up as a macro in wow though I followed the steps perfectly.

Thus, if a mac user or someone that knows this technology well knows how to fix this, then please give us mac users a detail of how you got everything to work (what did you have to do extra?)

(To be honest, I wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t even work on macs at all?)

Thank you!

[quote quote=18890]As it seems Gnome Sequencer has now replaced macro toolkit as the leading addon for lazy macros. Being a mac user, I downloaded Gnome Sequencer and everything in the files just looked different, and I couldn’t get anything to work or even show up as a macro in wow though I followed the steps perfectly.
[/quote]

I have been trying it out for the past 2 days and it is working great on my Mac (10.10 and 10.9)

[quote]Thus, if a mac user or someone that knows this technology well knows how to fix this, then please give us mac users a detail of how you got everything to work (what did you have to do extra?)

(To be honest, I wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t even work on macs at all?)

Thank you!
[/quote]

I followed the tutorials on youtube and applied some small fixes. - YouTube

1. D/Ld the addon and put it in my interface/addons folder
  2. Renamed the ExampleSequences.lua to Sequences.lua amd made a backup as Sequences2.lua (copy/pasted in ~/Applications/World of Warcraft/interface/addons/GnomeSequencer directory)
  3. <li>Opened Sequences.lua with bbedit (it doesn't suck) and pasted in the winwalker monk single target sequence starting at line 82 with:</li>

Sequences["wwmonk"] = {
    PreMacro = [[
    /targetenemy [noharm][dead]
    /cast [mod:shift] Spear Hand Strike
    ]],
    '/cast !Fists of Fury',
    '/cast [nochanneling] !Rushing Jade Wind',
    '/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=15 Chi Wave,Tigereye Brew',
    "/cast [nochanneling] !Rising Sun Kick",
    '/cast !Fists of Fury',
    '/cast [nochanneling] Jab',
    '/cast [nochanneling] Blackout Kick',
    '/cast [nochanneling] Expel Harm',
    '/cast !Fists of Fury',
    '/cast [nochanneling] Tiger Palm',
    '/cast [nochanneling] [combat]Energizing Brew',
    PostMacro = [[
    /cast Touch of Death
    ]],
    }

<li>Saved the file</li>
    <li>Launched World of Warcraft.app</li>
    <li>Logged in to my monk</li>
    <li>Typed /macro then hit enter</li>
    <li>Clicked on my &lt;name&gt; specific tab</li>
    <li>New macro</li>
    <li>Set name as wwmonk</li>
    <li>picked an icon</li>
    <li>Click "Save"</li>
    <li>Drag the macro to your toolbar (f1 is my single target DPS slot so that is where I put it)</li>
    <li>Typed /reload</li>

If there are no significant syntax errors in your script you will get no errors on /reload. If there are, it will give you basic info on where the error is. I d/ld the scripts attached to the video, but there were about 4 errors so I kept debugging and /reloading till it came up error free.

If you do not have bbedit, Bare Bones Software | TextWrangler is now BBEdit -- and still free! It's time to switch. is from the same company and free.

If you need me to make a video, I can walk through all the steps on camera.

PS: in game i am Thralkhar#1485

Great post, from your directions I was able to get this working perfectly so quickly thank you Robert!

Can anyone help me ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggtMSi4FpWk

I followed your step for GS on a MAC and it does not work for me. I deleted everything except the top line and then left a space and pasted the macro.

local _, Sequences = … – Don’t touch this

Sequences[‘FURYS’] = {
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
]],
‘/cast Charge’,
‘/cast Execute’,
‘/cast Bloodthirst’,
‘/cast Wild Strike’,
‘/cast Bloodthirst’,
‘/cast Raging Blow’,