Moon's Combat Rogue - Shoot The Cannons!

Sounds good John, the overcapping seems to be the biggest issue. It’s due to Sinister Strike, and Pistol Shot but also Echo Reprimand (+3 CP) that also causes the issue.

capping is fine if the next GCD is a finisher. its a problem when you cap on the first builder, then the next 1-2 builders are then cast for a waste of energy when it should be a finisher, which is something we cant predict and macro for unless actual bot. this is what makes Outlaw a pain to work with, but if new talents make combo generation predictable. my life gets easier.

Yep and that seems to be the issue.

Also for reference, take a look at @GauPanda rotation from 9.2 it seems to do really good damage without locking up so much, I think that another issue is the lock-up of SND but at the same time we don’t need SND at 7 CP’s either.

Taking a look at @John-Metz main rotation below, we need to figure out how to combine all 3 to come up with the best main rotation.

/castsequence reset=combat Sinister Strike, Dispatch, Sinister Strike, Sinister Strike, Pistol Shot, Dispatch, Sinister Strike, Sinister Strike, Pistol Shot, Dispatch

Now I think the rotation should be a mix of all 3 of these, as they have shown the most impact, and a combo of all might actually work.

Below is @GauPanda rotation.

/castsequence [combat,nostealth] reset=combat Pistol Shot, Sinister Strike, Slice and Dice, Sinister Strike, Sinister Strike, Pistol Shot, Dispatch, Sinister Strike, Sinister Strike, Pistol Shot, Dispatch, Sinister Strike, Sinister Strike, Pistol Shot, Between the Eyes, Sinister Strike, Sinister Strike, Pistol Shot, Dispatch, Sinister Strike, Pistol Shot, Sinister Strike, Dispatch

I think SND should be sooner similar to what @Elfyau did originally.

/castsequence [stance:0] reset=combat Sinister Strike, Slice and Dice, Pistol Shot, Sinister Strike, Sinister Strike, Dispatch, Pistol Shot, Sinister Strike, Sinister Strike, Dispatch, Sinister Strike, Pistol Shot, Sinister Strike, Dispatch, Pistol Shot, Sinister Strike, Pistol Shot, Sinister Strike, Sinister Strike, Dispatch, Pistol Shot, Sinister Strike, Sinister Strike, Dispatch, Sinister Strike, Pistol Shot, Sinister Strike, Dispatch, Pistol Shot, Sinister Strike

Here is a newer modified macro, I’m getting about 9.5k DPS with this, which is in the simcraft range a bit higher than before. I added Dreadblades to the general rotation, but also removed the secondary sequence.

I wouldn’t consider this a final release as it needs more testing.

dqeQfaalP6xqyye4yiwMuEgjnniY1GQTrrFJqJtHohQQ1re6EkqmqfOCqOSqujpKiyIafxKuQncrLpse1iHOQtsLQvQGEjq1mjLCtsr7ur)KcnusHJcrzPKQEkOPcPRsLYwjs(krK1QaP3sLCxsL9Q6VePgmkhgPfJQ8yLmzuPUSKndK6ZkGrtbNMQ8AGsZMkUnbTBa)wPgoQ44kq1YjXZP00fUoqSDGK(oqIZtvnFIA)I(KJ(j5qnnACkTr3q1ctssR3OKDtBPLQ9z7OhQjDPSTh9tYrpukQIhLNtzp6HGx(6lNIARJ(j5qelQnsMR1wipAOlzyCRuauhpGkz6bXA4Z2HiwuBKmxRTqE0ONmBqbwLefOlzC5q5UsgY5aIII)JdbV81qPS2J(j5qebvzGkkGsOFYCbSnqve25UOCR7Z2HiwuBKmxaBBuuNWqpza71wipAOlzWOOoHHhpoeBfEBa7r)KC0pjhMYPm4LVgkL1MYP8NTdrSO2izUSbfyvsKGOHqvxYgnfn)u9WuoLbV81xof1wPCkFiQpN6qSv4TbE8z7OFsomLtzWlFnukRnLt5pBhIyrTrYCT2c5rJoW2gf1jmOlzQeCCbJFQEykNYGx(6lNIARuoLpe1NtDi2k82ap(u9OFso6NKdt5ug8YxdLYAt5u(Z2HiwuByRbhKcyvjZLnOaRsIc0LSKLmLYwXGS2c5rJKLmIiERNmvcos8n7jJmIlAQ2tgreV1tgreV1tgHV5iHFpzKrCrt1EYiI4TEYiI4TEYi8nhj87jJiI36jJmIlAQ2tgreV1tgHV5iHFpzKrCrt1EYiI4TEYiJ4IMQ9KreXB9KreXB9Kr4Bos43tgzex0uTNmIiERNmIiERNmcFZrc)EYiI4TEYiJ4IMQ9KreXB9Kr4Bos43tgzex0uTNmIiE7t1dt5ug8YxF5uuBLYP8HO(CQdXwH3g4XHO(CQd1AV5CO(ItrJpBhcJIdYbcWk82ahQVa1sXwAO4Tv8c)hFI0r)KCiIf1gjZ1AlKhn6aBBuuNWGUKPsWvrICiQpN6qSv4TbE8j(r)KCiIf1gjZ1AlKhn6aBBuuNWGUKP2unXr6quFo1HyRWBd84tZJ(j5qelQnsMR1wipA0b22OOoHbDjtfjvcsTdr95uhITcVnWJpfp6NKdrSO2izUwBH8OrhyBJI6eg0Lm1rCtI5HO(CQdXwH3g4XJdDhGhiEoHuufpkpNYE0hpECOwuB4ghUPrX9HnbTgH0e0AQijy8qjvuWIbIc1E0hhQzfuWqd6rpeL6uaH9qUqgYWmYfcrSbfbcjakiZiOrc0AOPfuqEPadgMai2qUCF4q9qTgoezdO9qigyDhddddddBixC0pC4aGfSqmmmSdXajmSvoeRCkUvOdMwEdyi4P4bmqPCOKHAlvPy92aFQsAcoutkaiuh3bIsbulGWBdCUoCsfwhQPrJtPn6gQwyssA9gLSBAlTuTd1ga0BLvjHTqo0GYZZXl8pxhc5ul3bZNntbhIAucFseiqGG2HGPanfeN4tYJhp(ba

MOON_OUTLAW_ROGUE_V2

Talents: BQQAOB/7AZ//CwQOf4fPMswHVDAA0SAJBIJJRSLJJQgEJSAkIAAAAAAAJBpRJJgkkSAAAA

This macro contains 1 macro template. This Sequence was exported from GSE 3.1.20.

What ilvl is your rogue and are you testing on dummy for the 9,5k?

I’m still not convinced having SND in the sequence is wise as it locks if its trying to reapply a 4point refresh over a 5point. which is why i kept things separate. ill find out when i revise mine soon, just on the fence to have it as a mod to only use while broadside us up or just have it cycle.

it be interesting to see how your macro play out

1 Like

Quick 10 min dummy test from macro V2:

Macro was ran at 100ms, ilvl of the rogue is 269

These are the numbers from SimCraft - that the character “should be doing”

I am 273 ilevel, pushing 9.5k both in m+ (did a +9 tonight), and did an LFR this afternoon as well did about 9.2k on average there with some fights being a slight bit lower due to heavy movement.

I tend to run Iron Docks, or Lower Kara a lot, as they are single fights without much AOE, so you can get a good sample using the patchwerk mechanic. For example, Maiden in Lower Kara is a good example of a patchwerk type fight, as you don’t have to move too much.

Looking at your numbers, I don’t know why you’re not getting the same numbers I am. What is your MH and OH look like, are you using Sword/Dagger or Fist/Fist? I ask because you’re supposed to be using Sword/Dagger for Instant Poison to do more damage.

To compare, my Pistol Shot is much higher in DPS than yours. Yours did 11% of the damage, while mine did 17%. Your Blade Flurry is your highest, mine isn’t mine and is 4th doing 12.3% of the damage, versus yours doing 25.4% of the damage. My Main Gauche did more than yours by a big margin, but I have a ton of mastery on my gear.

If that test is 10 minutes, your damage is super low. 1.6k on a dummy when that number should be much higher.

This is a 30-second dummy test, and you’ll see my numbers are much much higher than yours. I don’t know what you’re doing if you spent 10 minutes on a dummy but I spent 30 seconds and did 1.6k damage to a dummy with Blade Flurry, in 30 seconds I did 155k with it. Are you sure you are not trolling me at this point, those numbers that you posted look wrong like you are not on the right target dummy.

I was using mace/dagger and the sim from the post before was simmed with that equipement.

The 30 sec test you posted of course it will be higher since its the “burst” with all cooldowns up. Post one like myself with 10 minutes so it goes through the cooldowns several times and it has time to “die down” then we can get average damage rather than burst 30 sec dmg.

Your Battle Flurry damage can be inflated if you had multiple targets around you, since it’s AOE skill as you know.

What do you mean “not on the right target dummy”? As you can see from my screenshot I am testing that on the Raider’s Training Dummy and ONLY on that without any others around in order to avoid inflated AOE damage.

Mate - I don’t know what your issues are. My screenshot, DPS, and others have proved it works fine. I don’t know why you having issues, honestly, I’ve mentioned this prior, if you are not using iCUE or other hardware emulation, it might not work well for you. If you’re manually clicking the macro, I just don’t know how you ONLY are getting 1.6k DPS from your Blade Flurry in 10-minute spam.

I’ve said this before take a LOOM video and show me because if you’re seeing some sort of weirdness coming through I need to fix it but you’re expecting me to read your mind and I’m not going to try and do that when others have said this macro works fine.

If you feel it’s the macro is the issue, you entitled to your opinion, others have said otherwise. If you feel you can perform this better on your own, so be it you don’t need us, nor this site.

I posted a 30-second shot to prove to you that it works, I don’t need to run a full 10-minute spam when I know the macro works fine in raids and in M+ as proved by my numbers above. As I said, I’m doing about 92% of what Raidbots (Simcraft) is telling me, so in that way it works. Now yes at 70 I’ll improve it again once we have all the talents, and such but please understand (which I don’t think you are) I’m not going to re-write the entire macro for level 60 when we will all be hitting 70 within the next month.

You don’t have to live by my macro or any other author on this website, go make your own. For all, I care you can keep it private, if it works for you, so be it, if you want to post it so be it too. I do this because I want to help the community, but honestly, people like you are why I stopped posting here for years even though I had created top-performing macros, there are people who want to critique everything, and what you are doing is exactly that with no real data to back it up. Secondly, you keep posting screenshots of your subpar DPS that you as the user are not doing correctly, LET ME REPEAT - THE MACRO THERE IS NOTHING WRONG, IT IS USER ERROR!!! and this concludes my discussion on this until 70. If you are hellbent on fighting me then come to meet me in Stormwind, and we will go to a dummy and I’ll show you how it’s supposed to perform. If you are not willing to improve yourself by purchasing things like a K57 Keyboard, that I posted or using the software that works with those keyboards, that is your issue, not mine. I have made many posts that mention running this at 100 MS, if you use hardware emulation like iCUE, GHub, or Synapse. You never answered my question if you’re using that to assist. Again I can’t read your mind so if you don’t give me the details I can’t help you.

I would say the macro works fine for Level 60 and others have attested to that. For Level 70 it’s a work in progress and because nobody has dinged to 70 on retail, there is no point further in discussing a moot point.

Until you are willing to work on giving me more data and answering my questions, I’ll only reply to bugs going forward. I have enough on my plate, I don’t need to babysit a user who doesn’t understand how advanced macros work.

At this point I think you are way too defensive and trying to prove that this macro is gods works or something, I have provided you with enough data (even with a link to my mouse) and told you that the macro is ran at 100ms with that and you keep talking about that? Why? Why do you read between the lines?

Are you feeling well my dude we talked about what mouse I am using like 10 post above lol?

Noone mentioned a single time above about level 70 or anything like that? We are talking about this specific macro at level 60, period.

Again stop reading between the lines, after I said MULTIPLE times that I DONT think there is anything wrong with the macro, but rather GSE

Hello? Again? After I gave you link to my mouse in amazon? Come on dude wake up little bit here please lol

A user that is calling you out on your macro that doesn’t do 10k CONSISTANT dps, but only burst? alright dude

Me as user not doing correctly? How lmao GSE is the same for everyone, put the icon on the bar and spam it with your mouse or keyboard software every 100ms, no user errors here my dude

For any GSE-related issues, you need to discuss that with @TimothyLuke, not me. If that is your complaint, he is best to work with you on the matter. Please discuss any further matters GSE related directly in his forums that discuss GSE troubleshooting and other areas. I can only help with the macro itself, as I said if it’s not working for you but working for me and others, it is you, not the macro.

Also - All my macros are built for the pre-patch in lieu of going to 70. As you see in the title it says DF which means Dragonflight. If you planning to stay 60 when everybody else will be 70 that’s your choice. The macro will work better at 70 because of talents that we will be able to obtain that we don’t have access to now.

Clearly, you said there is something wrong with the macro because you keep posting how you are doing subpar DPS. I’m not reading between the lines, this is something you brought to my attention, not the other way around.

As I said, I do 92% of what RaidBots have simmed me for. Do you want me to take a LOOM video to prove it to you? Also, DPS meters, in general, are irrelevant, because boss fights nowadays depend on different factors, not just doing high damage. There are very few boss fights that have a heavy enrage timer like it was in previous expansions.

Again I don’t know why your getting subpar DPS when everybody else is doing fine. Again I think this is on you. I’ve already informed the mods about the post.

To everybody else - I’m here to help you get better, and build nice macros that work, but if there are going to be people like this user, I’ll step away again, I left prior for toxicity and I have no plans to engage myself into that again.

No, this is what you are reading, I have never said a single time “the bad DPS is your macro fault”

You don’t have to prove nothing to me, or anyone to be fair, I am just telling you what I see on my end, using your macro, with the ilvl I have and 10 min dummy fight with 1 single dummy and not multiple.

I’ve read this topic multiple times from the beggining I am yet to see a single person reporting high numbers of DPS? Who are the others? You are the only one stating this macro is doing nearly 10k DPS

Synchro

I want to point out the issues that you are having, while I understand you have issues, I am going to preface this as a user issue and not a macro issue. I also don’t think the issue you are having respectfully is a GSE issue either.

• You posted previously that the macro was not firing SND, when it is. I clearly stated that above, and there have been numerous tests on that.
  • In the latest round of issues, you mention that your DPS is subpar compared to what I am getting, and I have shown evidence that your assumption or issue is incorrect.

To clear both issues up these are both user issues. Let me explain, I tried running the macro last night as a manual clicker to see what kind of results I was getting, and while my DPS was not what it normally was, there was an issue with SND, it’s something that John mentioned in his posts too. But if you run the macro as intended, with iCUE, Synapse, or other software, SND clearly fires off each time for a good 45 seconds. Typically it does either a single combo point or 2 combo point SND first and foremost. This is evidenced in the cast sequences that I provided above and I have had no issue with Roll the Bones or SND conflicting with each other either.

Secondly, in your post, you shared you were doing very low DPS, and Blade Flurry was doing “1.6k damage” when I proved that is not the case. Again how can I help you here when nobody else is having the exact same issue, same with SND. You are one person, not a community, typically if one person is having issues it’s a user problem, not a macro problem.

I am going to say this again, and I hope this time you understand this. I do not know what is going on with your system, addons, macros, or whatever. I have asked you to provide videos and more data but you refuse to upload them. Secondly, I have informed you to purchase a keyboard like the K57 (my exact one) or run another software that works with hardware-based keyboards. If you do not want to purchase something like that, I can understand, but I can’t troubleshoot anymore as you are giving me data, all you so far have given me is about low DPS numbers.

I have offered to help you in-game by inviting me to a group to go to Stormwind so I can see it properly with Details and Warcraft Logs both enabled to see the data, but again you refused.

So again, if you want me to help I’m willing to help you but if you keep refusing it, sorry mate there is not much I can do.

And to do one final repeat, this macro will be adjusted at 70, not at level 60. My suggestion is to try Elf’s macro from 9.2.5 or GauPanda’s from 9.2.5 and see how you do with those. Maybe those directly might give you a better opinion on the class and spec. Again you can always create your own, figure out GSE like all the other authors did here, and make your own macro.

I am not challenging you to reply, I’m trying to end this. Again I don’t know why you having issues but it’s not the macro or GSE that is the issue, it could be an addon interfering, it could be something else with your settings, or it could be lag. What I am saying here is without more details, how am I supposed to help you?

Hey All

Just wanted to mention something tonight. I ran 3 LFRs tonight, one on my Rouge, the other on my Druid, and the other on my Monk. All 3 classes are around 270 item level, with my Rogue being a slight bit higher.

In general, RaidBots (SimCraft) mentioned that my DPS for all 3 classes is around 10k, with Rogue hovering closer to 10.5k.

In all 3 LFRs, the bit of information is that my macros actually did more damage than what Raidbots mentioned. Now Raidbots does not look at gems, enchants, or covenant abilities, to make its determination.

My Monk did 12.7k DPS, while my Rogue did 10.4k DPS, and finally, my Druid did 11.7k DPS. This tells me at least the macros are well-made, and are hitting the performance numbers I am looking for.

1 Like

Thank you for the macro. Glad to see the stealth ambush trick is working again. Question, both Dreadblades and Echoing Reprimand were missing from the macro so I added them to the lend of the loop. Is there a reason? Didn’t seem to make much difference in DPS. I’m using 2 swords which seems to do 200-400 more dps than sword dagger. My gear level is 255. I don’t think anything is wrong with the Macro, just the Rogue (and demon hunter) seem to be down dps when they don’t have raid gear. All my other characters (all are level 255) are averaging 7K+ against the raid target while the Rogue (and demon hunter) are in the low 5K area.

I read somewhere that there is a baseline talent/function currently not working on the Rogue. So maybe that’s the issue? Thanks for the macro, guys like you really make WoW playable for my old ass. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your welcome @professor-fate – I too am an older person but started playing WoW during development in 1999 when I was hired on at Blizzard.

Not sure why Dreadblades and Echo were missing, they are included in my macro (and v2 as well which I need to update the OP).

Depending on item level, you should get 7-8k at 255, my Rogue is 273 item level and I do about 10k to 12k depending on the fight and if there is AOE involved or not. Most M+ boss fights have some sort of AOE element to it now, and that old patchwerk encounter that we used to love, is no longer around. There are some bosses that still have this patchwerk type encounter, but most in M+ don’t have it.

As for 2 Swords, this is an issue that has been brought to my attention too from other forums. In Shadowlands, it was best to have Sword/Fist/Axe/Mace in the main hand and Dagger off-hand to make Instant Poison proc better. Now I am not sure if that is the right choice anymore, but WoWHead or Icy Veins hasn’t really updated their guides yet either. This is something theory crafters are going to have to look at 70.

Rogue does have a few bugs, but I think it’s more with certain talents that are not being used. Demon Hunter had an issue but I think that has been resolved, Monks still have an issue with Whrilling Dragon Punch hitting mobs too far away (greater than 8 yards)

1 Like

I may take SND off it since I find it firing WAY TO MUCH when I could dispatch. So I think I am just gonna manually SND and use Dispatch. Other than that its a pretty decent macro. I find your druid one better. This one seems to get hung up sometimes for some reason and I auto attack until I need to vanish and ambush then it resets itself. Its odd

also seems like I am always maxxed out of energy

it seems I raised my auto clicker on my razer to 0.05 and energy is now getting used