Elfyau's 8.3 Arcane Mage Macro **Updated 24-Aug-20**

It’s working 8.3?
I’m waiting for an update to take from 110 to 120.

Yes this macro is working for 8.3, I am working on an update for this spec but it is a work in progress.

Yes it is working 8.3 and running great from 110 to 120 and beyond. lol

1 Like

Does it work in M+ and Higher Keys

I have only gone as far as a mythic 9 sooo yes? :stuck_out_tongue:

Back again with a new feedback report!

had to mod a few spells/and binds put missiles on alt, barrage on shift, also removed the random missiles line in the main macro lines so main macro only spams blasts and cd uptime

so you have control over when to fire missiles free procs

Ms: 80
Talents: 2232121
Ilvl:404
neck traits: Flame (major)

Details!: Damage Done for Raider’s Training Dummy [0:38 EF]

1. (insert Mage name Here) … 766.5K (24.3k, 100.0%)

Firsttly as usuall only self buffs allowed no flask trinkets or food used, these where the numbers for arcane mage burn Phase with TW activated

normal dps phase hovering around 80% mana

Details!: Damage Done for Current [2:43 EF]

1. (insert Mage name here) … 2.30M (14.2k, 100.0%)

sad to say but cant try this one out in raids yet maybe will update it when time comes around,

1 Like

Awesome feedback! thank you! many notes were taken:smiley:

Any chance you can share your version?

I imagine Arcane Mage is one of the hardest specs to macro. What kind of dps should one expect with the macro compared to what a sim says is possible? I’m getting about 55%. Does that sound right?

it really depends on how you play with the macro and your gear etc sadly and yes it is very very hard :frowning: hopefully one day I can get a video done to show how I use it in a dungeon.

in your patron have any arcane macro?

At this point I don’t, no. But hopefully will have an update for this class by Monday :slight_smile:

hello, how to leave auto-target?

Sorry @Mirko_C I am not too sure what you are asking but I think what you want is to remove the line /targetenemy [noharm] - from the on keypress section

How do i get the modifiers to work? I’m running AHK at 70ms and when i hold ALT or SHIFT no arcane barrage or aoe is being casted. What am i doing wrong?

it could be 2 things. 1) it’s not in the AHK script to be able to use modifiers. 2) Could be that the in game Key Binds for SHIFT and ALT have not been unbound. Check the keybinds in game and let me know :slight_smile: also grab the script from here: What is MS and how can I change it? Answered (With working AHK script you can use with Modifiers) - #13 by comicus this script allows modifiers :slight_smile:

My Arcane Barrage goes off fine so far. just tried it out before posting this reply. i use AHK also at 70ms

Updated the macro - new macro is in original post :slight_smile:

seems more mana efficient but doing less damage for me. about 2k-5k lower. might be something on me tho.

1 Like

Hmmmm will tinker around with it some more lol

1 Like