Elfyau's 8.3 Arcane Mage Macro **Updated 24-Aug-20**

Are they not listed in the macro?

1 Like

Anyone been testing this macro out in higher itlvls in 8.3?

I quick sim 54k dps as arcane and have been averaging about 45k with this macro, not perfect but not complaining.

working on an update hope it will improve things, no eta though sorry

ok, anybody using this while leveling. make couple observations.

1. you really get the most out of the macro at level 100. cuz the talent “Time Anomoly” is great and helps with the mana staying up. before that, be alot of holding down the Alt key when your mana getting low to recharge it, with lose of dps.
  2. i would remove the “Evocation” from the macro and put it on a seperate key. it pops up a few time when you dont need it to pop up. like when you only use up 10% of the mana. put it back in after 100 or later.
    these are just what i notice and did. i’m usually top 2 on the DPS meter from doing this. Remember this is just what i did. there is nothing wrong with the macro and is 1 of the best i have ever used and did this cuz of my playstyle.
1 Like

Thank you for providing awesome feedback and tips @Siodar I really appreciate it!

1 Like

I’ve used this in mythics, I did put Evoc on a modifier, alt I think is where I put it.

Maybee it was cntrl as modifier, I’ll let you know when I get done with tonight’s raids

1 Like

It’s working 8.3?
I’m waiting for an update to take from 110 to 120.

Yes this macro is working for 8.3, I am working on an update for this spec but it is a work in progress.

Yes it is working 8.3 and running great from 110 to 120 and beyond. lol

1 Like

Does it work in M+ and Higher Keys

I have only gone as far as a mythic 9 sooo yes? :stuck_out_tongue:

Back again with a new feedback report!

had to mod a few spells/and binds put missiles on alt, barrage on shift, also removed the random missiles line in the main macro lines so main macro only spams blasts and cd uptime

so you have control over when to fire missiles free procs

Ms: 80
Talents: 2232121
Ilvl:404
neck traits: Flame (major)

Details!: Damage Done for Raider’s Training Dummy [0:38 EF]

1. (insert Mage name Here) … 766.5K (24.3k, 100.0%)

Firsttly as usuall only self buffs allowed no flask trinkets or food used, these where the numbers for arcane mage burn Phase with TW activated

normal dps phase hovering around 80% mana

Details!: Damage Done for Current [2:43 EF]

1. (insert Mage name here) … 2.30M (14.2k, 100.0%)

sad to say but cant try this one out in raids yet maybe will update it when time comes around,

1 Like

Awesome feedback! thank you! many notes were taken:smiley:

Any chance you can share your version?

I imagine Arcane Mage is one of the hardest specs to macro. What kind of dps should one expect with the macro compared to what a sim says is possible? I’m getting about 55%. Does that sound right?

it really depends on how you play with the macro and your gear etc sadly and yes it is very very hard :frowning: hopefully one day I can get a video done to show how I use it in a dungeon.

in your patron have any arcane macro?

At this point I don’t, no. But hopefully will have an update for this class by Monday :slight_smile: