Elfyau's 8.3 Beast Master Macro **Updated 28-Aug-20**

I inboxed you, let me know please ty!

had same problem importing or changing macro not working after update.
restarted computer and it started working as intended

serpione, you dont WANT barbed shot to fire immediately off cooldown, you want to build 3 stacks of frenzy, then have barbed shot refresh it at the last possible moment.

When a macro does that for you you know its working well. Im running a WeakAura 2 that shows me Ferocity as a bar, its very good, ill try to find the link for it.

Its a cool feeling to watch the bar build stacks and refresh, also tells you if you will have enough time and/or mana to refresh it in time (changes color).

Used your macro for a bit and it works very well.

When i have time ill do a Head to Head comparison of the best Macros posted, which do you guys think are the best 3 (maybe 5). Shame Bootie Hunter/Phamacist1 stopped updating. And Sekh hasn’t updated yet. Both of them did a shit ton (Buttload?) of testing and adjusting. Im sure you have as well.

Personally i like these, Ultimate BM, Booties, Sekh’s (best for building stacks ive found but need to do a lot). Yours 
and of course mine (i just released the rough version, my arena macro is working well)

Cant wait to get your feedback on my new macro, it really shines in arenas.

2 Likes

Thanks will test yours out soon too, but at the moment am having trouble with GSE. Are you having any trouble importing since the update?

1 Like

@Elfyau I was having problems too with the latest GSE it wasn’t importing for some characters - I had to eventually go to my wow folder/retail//WTF/account/username/savedVariables and delete gse.lua and gse.lua.bak then go back to username and select your server/character/savedVariables and do the same there then I uninstalled gse and reinstalled it and that fixed my problems.

And with your macro it works really well for me - for all you other guys Frenzy Shot does not stack for me - I fire 1 charge then the second immediately and the tooltip shows the same damage with 1 shot versus 2 shots.

1 Like

What about the pet attacks like claw and etc? I was advised to build those into the macro so the pet will do them right when ready so theres no delay.

My current Cobra Shot, for Example:

#showtooltip
/assist [@focus, exists]
/cast Cobra Shot
/cast Claw
/cast Bite
/cast Smack

First of all guys when having 42%+ crit, keeping 3 stacks of Barbed Shot vs casting Barbed Shot on cd for DoD proc is actually dps loss in single target situations. Assuming you are not a potato and play with AOTW and 3x DoD traits.

You can put them in and a lot of people do but I personally find it a waste of time if your pet is on assist and you can set the abilities to run by them selves by right clicking on them and making sure the golden flashing square is going around them.

why it doesnt run ? have copy paste the string and want to use it but it doesnt work :frowning:

Wait, I have AOTW
 nothing is simming better tho. What are you running there?

Also @Elfayau, I keep reading that hunter pets dont use their abilities on CD, so we lose dps if we dont build them into the macro.

Do you find this to be untrue in your tests with it?

Silly question @rodi but have you got it on your actionbar? if yes try deleting the icon and making a new one for the macro.

@AllTheAlts tbh it was a long time ago that I tried it, I will test it again soon and let you know

1 Like

Decided to pop on my hunter, even with only 320 ILVL was popping 13k DPS on this. Did 60MS instead of 70MS. Good macro.

1 Like

Thank you very much!

How can I edit this so mend pet executes more often? I have 2 tabs, one for general questing and the second for everything else. I just want to use mend pet more often while doing dailies, leveling, open world, etc.

I can’t fully remember where I have mend pet in the macro but try putting /cast [nochanneling] Mend Pet in pre and post macro and in main sequence

It’s the last line in the main sequence. I’ve been tinkering with pre- and post macro sections. Thanks.

1 Like

Does is work for hunter with no 40% crit and 3 pieces dod?

1 Like

Yes, it does :smiley: I use this one myself, but also recommend Asbobunny 8.3 BM Macro V3! - #97 by Naitsabes

1 Like

thanks for the fast reply! u recommend Asbobunnys Macro for me even i cant play the dod build?