Elfyau's 8.3 SUB Rogue Macro **UPDATED 31-Aug-20**

Warlock? what spec are you running?

Destro couldn’t get the demo to work right kept locking up
no pun intended

1 Like

Tested it, no issues with modifiers, providing keybinds are set up. Tested on several rogues of various levels. It does not put out a lot of damage compared to some of the outdated ones, but it is very functional for sub. There is a hesitation or hang on shadowstep casting I been trying to figure out, and cheap shot doesn’t always fire (which is what gives the burst damage capabilities to sub). I think implementing a start like Profile - samourai-samourai - WoW Lazy Macros is the way to go, as his macro fires off great in the start, but has a faster decline in average dps, perhaps a hybrid of the 2 will help this gimped spec. Thank you for taking the time to write this macro, I think it is on the right path for dps, just something is slightly off in the opener.

1 Like

Thank you for the awesome feedback!

Thank you for taking the time to even make a macro, I have made about 10 so far, and still haven’t hit 3/4 the dps this one has. It looks easy, but isn’t. I used to post an awesome macro here, then Beef Wellington (rest his soul) would make one that blows it out the water.
Is there a sim that shows actual cast output in the test? This could simplify the macro layout, with just tweaking needed for real cast times. that could make actual sim damage macros, or at least be a test on what sim is actually real. So far all I see is weighted castings, which I know can’t be right as the cds are not being met in the test.
Thanks again for all your efforts Elf in keeping this site going and awesome.

1 Like

I use askmrrobot for my sims it gives basic rotation that I work with while trying to follow icy-veins from there I mod to make the macro work while trying to get as close to sim as possible. Of course sometimes it doesn’t work so I have to adjust rotation and talents to better suit how macro runs :smiley: I hope that helps somewhat (I am not very good at explaining things lol)

AMR is excellent , but you have to put in the weight values. Like for a DH - havoc, the custom weights that match the correct ratios would be in AMR Pie wheel (5000 total points for weights) is 1150 crit, 1550 haste, 1950 vers, and 350 mastery. and run these weights to the standard amr output (which splits the 5000 @ 25% each) and you will see no less than 15% increase in dps. For the DH, I stack AOE over ST (cause that’s what they are good at). This leads to a significant change in the gear suggested, and weights on abilities. Try this method with AMR, but also look at warcraft logs dps leaders , method gg, simcraft, and also noxxic (their engine weights are for pvp, and actually quite accurate sometimes). I find the commonalities between them and find the actual gearing and weights. I hope this helps.

1 Like

Something I will definitely have to look into! Thank you :smiley:

Any chance you could please separate the AOE into a separate macro?

1 Like

Maybe :stuck_out_tongue:
dSdAdaWsev9wkABuLMjvIzdrxwXnji)IOUTqoSk7uP2ly3IA)s9tLKmmc1VfzGuPmuQcdwYWvsDqcOhJQJb15iYcPQSuQIwmfA5O48uv9uvTmkToc0ePGmvLyYeIPt6IuP6Qik6ziCDiSrev2kIcBMGA7kj1Pfywc1NPs6UuXXjKghknAkW4PG6Kiknne5Aq6EkjEosVMa8nbnGHfyJH3Dxi3tM(e4QCh2wyb(Ld5Kvk8wcl2syH3qJWhcKkSXWlqeQbjg4DhPW(peW)RhozneSTEXWl0XzsKXWqdszkSaBmSaBm8Y8JQDzYtrgp1PlSftkedBl8Y8JQDzzfhILGnb8Y8JQ0ruetMpD1fZqhDf0U6clfYsGg3fwYllwkUlSuilbACxyjusOwytcEz(rv6ikIjZNUm5PiJNg3fvVmFeuStxmdD0v4PiJN2vxywucmoUll2AzjI7cZIsGjGnk8Y8JQ0ruetMpD1fZqhDf0U6clfYsGg3fwYllwkUlSuilbACxyjusOw4DjLw7squGcpg(fMGSagfd(G3ZGSRyWh8KF875GCo6alGcVNbzxTGp4xycYcyul4dEYp(9GzOuyb2y4L1JX1rN8e5VlZCYGJjYXuK5eXb2w4L5hv7Y0nHtCe04UgdhqvQtxOHseKGnb8Y8JQDzMtuDoKQbXDLt8uKXtD6chYsc2KGxMFuTltEkY4PXDr1lZhbf70fMfLataBu4L5hv7YmkjIGhs1PlsIzbfEpsuvOJZKGfyJHxMFuTltEkY4PoDHAddHTfEz(r1UmJsIii1GaHvNUSSIdXsWMaEz(r1UmDBnYZ)W40LvYRvmlOW7bZi0XzsWcSXWlZpQ2LzoXtrgp1PlcVOOKGTfEz(r1USSIdXsWMaEz(r1UmDBnYZ)W40LvYRvmlOW)6SMCiYCniLH)hrrmzn4qckOWl0LrCijBwhMvpzniLbFGckaa
ELFSUBAOE
Talents 2321232

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.5.9.

Macro Version 1

Step Function: Sequential

Pre Macro: Secret Technique, Heart Essence, Shadowstep

KeyPress: Stealth, Shadow Dance, Kidney Shot, Tricks of the Trade

Main Sequence: Shadow Blades, Crimson Vial, Eviscerate, Shuriken Storm, Shadow Dance, Secret Technique, Nightblade, Symbols of Death

Post Macro: Secret Technique, Heart Essence, Evasion

Gonna be fun trying to hit aoe macro when you enter dance mode lol
any further tinkering on the single target portion of this?

no not since the last update sorry

No worries m8 no harm in asking lol

1 Like

you never know if you don’t ask :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hey m8 any possibility of a update before pre-parch of shadowlands or when it drops hearing very good things about sub in the next expansion
unless you’ve gotten a little nugget of a macro hidden somewhere lol

Keep up the good work man

1 Like

This is the dps ranking in shadowlands so far. Shadowlands DPS Rankings – WoW 9.2.5 [Tier List] (Jan 2023)

Way to burst my bubble there man lol all well not God tier spec but aint to bad could be joining sv hunters at the bottom so guess thats a plus lol

Requesting update from the macro gods lol

1 Like

@Christopher_Mills update will drop on Monday if things go as planned :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Updated the macro - New macro in original post. Feedback always welcome! Cheers!