Elfyau's 8.3 Windwalker Monk Macro **Updated 31-July-20**

what about AOE?, cant find a good macro for that.

Mine has AOE in it it is way to hard to make a single target macro for WW without losing alot of DPS but this one (mine) works great for both ST and AOE

Hi Elf!!
I have a couple questions. First I am watching you on a rerun twitch vid. You’re healing on a shammy FH +9.
For one thing, I thought My screen was full!! WoW
And thanks for explaining why Hazel keeps telling you to run!

Next, I too have physical restrictions, been playing WoW since 2006 and I am having real issues with keys. I play a MW to raid, and WW to quest. I have been playing a monk since MoP, so I kinda know what I am doing. I am one of two heals in my group, and I don’t feel comfortable Fistweaving.

So here are my REAL two questions.

I have tried to redo the 8.2.5 W/W Monk Macro for everyday questing, I don’t want to use ToD or Karma on normal mods. Plus I have "Concentrated Flame’ (neck essence) and the trinket from Mech that has the channel of Cyclotronic Blast.

My macro is overcapping chi, and not firing RSK or FoF quite enough.

Next my healing macros:

Can you help me? I am trying to make sure I use Renewing Mist on CD, and all my teas…I also can’t find a good Weakaura to track Essence Font targets in range.
I have tried using simple macs like /cast renewing mist /cast thunder focus tea…not reliable.

Thanks, Deb

First up let me thank you for watching (and following) my stream :slight_smile: my screen isnt always that full (ok mostly it is but sometimes rarely it gets barren lol) Secondly to answer your more specific questions I will DM you so I don’t go off topic here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for another great macro. I havent been playing much lately but picked up the game again. I will try this one and report back to you, also the Brewmaster one.

On a note, i took out the Fel Focuser. Also took out the Leg Sweep as i want to control my interrupts better and Touch of Karma for my “oh-shit” moment. And i removed Invoke Xuen as i created a dps burst macro and included it there.

1 Like

I have tried this one today on 3 target dummies in SW and later a boss dummy, but couldn’t get higher than 15k. The start is great, over 30k, but then it quickly drops. I will have to do some more testing to see whats missing.

1 Like

Where would be a good place to add Chi Burst in the macro?

probably as a modifier in the ONKEYPRESS section… so like /cast [mod:alt, nochaneling] Chi Burst or /cast [mod:shift, nochanneling] Chi Burst

@Elfyau quick question, it looks like all of your macros are meant for end game playing, do you know if any of them will work for when leveling up?

Also, in your opinion which of your macros is the best? I briefly tried to get this WW macro to work tonight but I must have done something wrong because it wasn’t consistently attacking.

1 Like

most macros are tailored to end game with all abilities unlocked, some will work while leveling. The best way to use a macro while leveling is to grab one and edit out any abilities you don’t have, this must be done every time you get a new ability though :frowning: As to which one is the best? I couldn’t really say as they all work well lol

1 Like

i use Elf’s Macros for all the toons i been levling. and other than having to turn off and/or remove the necklace line, they work fine without me having to remove the spells i dont have yet. just get the spell not ready or something like that alot. but my dps numbers are always good, usually top 2 on charts.

4 Likes

i have levelled loads of chars with Elf’s macros and i dont edit any of them tbh and they fire off just fine

5 Likes

Hi, cool macro,one question isnt hit combo or the tiger better than Rushing Jade Wind as hit combo is pretty good for cleave damage.

I haven’t looked into it in a while, it probably is. I had trouble getting combo timing right thus the rushing jade wind. But hopefully, I will get to an update for this soon and have another crack at it :smiley:

3 Likes

I took out rushing jade since the hit combo is a passive it does ok aoe, when you use whirling dragon punch. Im just leveling to 110 for heritage armor

1 Like

Far more superior macro for leveling over Ozy’s Macro.

1 Like

Updated macro in original post. Don’t forget to tell me what you think! Cheers!

1 Like

Another amazing macro Elfyau, I am ilvl 427 and using the talents 1,1,1,2,1,2,2 and I use the Previous Macro that Imports as WW_ONE. Simmed at 40,346 DPS and actual on the dummys around 38-43k
I sim the macro using Ask Mr Robot and their suggestions and rotation and this macro is almost as good as the simulation. If I do any Wpvp I use the PVP talents

I always add the shift modifiers in such as /cast [mod:shift, nochanneling] Spinning Crane Kick
/cast [mod:alt, nochanneling] Spear Hand Strike …as I like to use them manually.

1 Like

awesome!! :smiley: super glad it is doing well for you!

1 Like

updated the macro, new macro in original post