Elfyau's DF v1.2 Frost Mage **Updated 25-Jan-24**

if i update my addons where I get your macros, does it autoupdate in game or do i need to reinstal the macro? :slight_smile:

Once you have the updated plugin will will need to import the macro again. If you want to keep the old one change the name as importing it again will overwrite any macro of the same name.

This working fantastic, no hangups or issues. great job Elf

1 Like

@Robert_Smith it is so it will go off again closer to cool down. If you want it to go off a little later change the interval to a higher number.

1 Like

Hey Elfyau , the new Update is Great THX a lot my Friend !! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

This is doing work in M+ keys, are there any talent trees that this supports for a full single target raid build?

1 Like

[Frost Mage DPS Spec, Builds, and Talents - Dragonflight 10.2.5 - World of Warcraft - Icy Veins]

1 Like

I seem to be having an issue with the shift modifier… when holding shift I can see the macro change, but blizzard doesnt fire off even though i can see it in the cycle… Is there something obvious om missing here? :slight_smile:

you using Elvui? if so, that addon uses the shift for its own purpose. you will need to go into the addon and turn it off.

3 Likes

Awesome, that was exactly what was wrong! Giant high five from here! :smiley:

1 Like

Dear Lord, this totally saved my sanity. I kept changing the WoW Options → Action Bar → Lock action bars to the Ctrl key, and it would switch back the next time I looked. Elvui was the culprit, lol.

Thanks Siodar

1 Like

Hi Elfyau!

Been using your macros for the longest time. They really have made Wow playable for me. I’m using the latest version and ran into a problem. My Frost Mage uses a wand (why the range gods will not give me a staff??). When I ran the macro my character was wanding a lot. So it was getting hung up on something in the macro. Also, DPS was a bit low.

What I found was the Repeat blocks were causing the hang-up. I converted them to Action blocks and holy moly the DPS increased a lot. No more pauses, it’s more like an ice machine gun now. I’m not sure why the Repeat blocks were causing the slow down and pauses.

I also found my old staff, with its lower ilevel did more dps than the wand/offhand. No idea why. The staff has the same secondary stats, just lower.

Thanks for the macro!!

1 Like

could be the wand speed was clipping from the speed of the cast? staffs are much slower on the auto cast. Im just spit-balling here so i dont know.

1 Like

Found a bug in EA_FROSM_AOE. Section 4.1

KeyPress
/cast [nochanneling],@cursor] Blizzard
KeyRelease

There is an extra closing bracket after nochanneling. Taking out the bracket almost doubles the AOE dps. Keep up the good work! Love your macros.

1 Like

wow great you found that. thank you so much.

@professor-fate Thanks for letting me know. Though I haven’t used the split version since the last update, I am glad you caught it and it is working better for you.