Elfyau's DF v1.4 Beastmaster Hunter **Updated 26-April-24**

Elf’s taking the time to enjoy the game right now, so it’ll be a little while until a new update, I think.

1 Like

Why not just Sim your Talents and pick the Passive ones?

The macro has been updated and is now available in both the original post and via Curseforge. Let me know what you think, Cheers!

2 Likes

Will test this now :smiley:
As BM is my main I’ll update with my thoughts :smiley:

:::EDIT:::

So i took it into a Halls of Valor +6 with a 373 ilvl Hunter, not many bis from before S1.
I did choose to change a couple things in talents, I removed the 2 Bola Talent points and MisDz and used them to get Death Chakram, Tar Trap & Tranq Shot as i pref these on my bar :slight_smile:

Overall, this runs smooth and I was doing 28k dps average :slight_smile:
I topped at 55k in Halls but i know this isnt a mob heavy DG so I think i could get higher on Ruby Pools or a different dungeon!

:::EDIT 2:::
So I took after EmilyDarkEye and again messed around with some different talents, I removed Aspect of the Wild & Master Handler, Took 1 point from Thrill of the Hunt (Leaving 2 on there instead of 3) and then used the 3 points to get Level 3 Dire Command and 1 point in Dire Frenzy.

Again i went into Halls of Valor +5. and BOYYYYYY THE DPS WENT THROUGH THE ROOF!

:::EDIT 3:::
So I again changed talents slightly and i think this Works the best so far, I took that 1 point from Dire Frenzy, and put it back in Thrill of the Hunt to make it Level 3 again. Went into Nokhud Offensive and was hitting 60-80k on mobs and 30k ish on Bosses! I’m only 374 ilvl and yes i was PI’d in boss fights by a priest but oh well!

Will continue and post any updates i see fit :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi all, just updated to v1.1 - just a few notes so far
The version in GSE shows Elfyau v1 instead of v1.1 - I have replaced directly from this thread and the data is the same, so maybe the name just hasn’t been updated.
I have only tested on dummies so far. I’ll give it a proper run-out tomorrow in a m+, but at the moment it falls slightly behind GauPanda macro by about 6% on single target and less than 0.5% in AoE (swarm), however it has the advantage of single button.
With a 370 ilvl BM hunter (no enchant/food/buffs/cooldowns) the average AoE DPS was 52k and the average ST dps was 29.1k.
I’m not sure if this is that the macro is slightly less efficient or if the loss of Death Chakram in the build made the difference - it will be more clear once I manage to test in real dungeons.

All being said, a really nice macro - keep up the good work!

2 Likes

So I have just run some (lots!) of sims vs the dummies.
There isn’t an easy way to share the data, but happy to post it on request.
I found that with the Elfyau build and macro, my 371 ilvl hunter made 47.88k average dps (adjusted by removing the top and bottom result then taking a mean of the rest).
My results for other builds as shown below (always using the Elfyau macro - but adding in abilities on cooldown when required).
In all cases, I dropped Aspect of the Wild and Master Handler and spent the 2 points elsewhere.

1. +Dire Command (x2). +3.08k dps higher than base
  2. +Dire Command and Wailing Arrow. +2.96k dps higher than base
  3. +Kindred Spirits (x2). +3.71k dps higher than base
  4. +Sharp Barbs (x2). +3.50k dps higher than base
  5. +Dire Beast and Dire Command. 3.83k dps higher than base
  6. +Dire Beast and Hunter’s Prey. +5.17k dps higher than base

So I used #6 as my base build when playing with the “Hunter” points side of the tree. I must admit to thinking that Arctic Bola was 2 wasted points, but I tried moving them to Death Chakram and Stampede - and in both cases had a significant DPS loss. I don’t think that Arctic Bola is making the damage, however I have also tried switching them out for Tar Trap and Tranquilizing Shot, and have the same DPS loss (in all cases around 1.5-2k DPS lower).

At present I am finding build #6 the strongest, I just need to work out how to include Dire Beast into the macro!

1 Like

@Emilydarkeye
You could’ve just Simmed your Talents using Raidbots…

@Emilydarkeye

Can you please share your Talent Build. I would like to see how it looks like!

Best Regards,
Gaupanda

1 Like

B0PAIlFMjeNhnEouGfV8Ij2uSRCaJAIEAAAAAAAAAAAaQIBJSikQkEaCRIJkDkkEakEB is what I am currently using.
The overall DPS is slightly lower than when I use Dire Beast and Hunter’s Prey, but this way I don’t have to fiddle with the macro or add extra keypresses for Dire Beast.

Completely agree - that would use the Patchwerk fight if I remember correctly? I just wanted to see what would be best for m+, so usually pulls of 6-8 mobs and I didn’t think that the Patchwerk fight would give me realistic comparisons.

1 Like

Wont even target… think it is mod not u though … used to work before now does do crap other than get me dead

Hectic add cleave and set time to what it normally takes your group to finish.

Go to keypress on tab 2 and change the target line to

/target [target, harm, nodead][@focustarget, harm, nodead]

This will keep the target you have chosen or target your focus target. Pets wont run wild.

1 Like

Just updated to ElvUI 13.14. Could be a coincidence, but now my shift modifier has stopped working - my single target rotation still works fine, but when I press shift for multi-shot, etc nothing happens at all. It even stops my single target rotation from firing.
When I use the ST macro as button 1 and AoE as button 2 that works fine - only issue seems to be with the shift modifier.
Anyone else having similar issues?

hey, same here , something broke :slight_smile:

In WoW Options, check for any Shift Key assignments, including anything grayed out. Lock action bars was the one I missed. Check ElvUI keyboard shortcuts too. Hope that helps.

I had the same issue of modifiers not working after upgrading ElvUI. I reverted to version 13.11 and the problem is now resolved. I’ll stick with 13.11 for now.

1 Like

How do you use different templates in the macro?

They’ll switch automatically to correspond with whatever that you choose or what’s been chosen by the author.

you can also reset the Default to whatever tab you like

1 Like