Elfyau's DF v1.3 Beastmaster Hunter **Updated 29-Dec-23**

what talents are you running for 61-70?

1 Like

@Elfyau , firstly thanks for all your work on these! Would it be possible to include a short description on what each macro is for in it’s Help Information? It’s a bit confusing right now exactly what the acronyms mean, and what each macro’s intent is.

1 Like

what do you mean by this? i might be able to help in case Elf doesnt see this in a timley fashion.

1 Like

@t0lkien I agree with @Siodar I am not sure what you mean.

@cursedtuna please go with what you feel like until I can get my toon levelled and the macro updated. Cheers.

1 Like

@Elfyau, in the Help Information section of each macro in GSE you have the following (for example):

v1 Made @250ms
Set @focus as needed for Misdirection (default goes to the pet)
ALT:- @cursor For Binding Shot

But that doesn’t tell us what the intent of the macro is i.e. Normal leveling, normal dungeons, Mythic+ etc. I was wondering if you could tag each macro with its purpose in the Information section.

The Acronyms you use “BMH_OB” etc, aren’t clear to someone who isn’t familiar with your work.

P.S. I use your plugin to import your macros.

if you look down in the macro, you will see:

there what each version does. look at other macros and see if others do that sometimes to.

i know you use the addon. since you came here to ask about it. check out the beginning of this post.

Yessir, I’ve read it all. But once you import there is nothing on the macros denoting which is which (apart from the acronyms). It would just be useful and clear if their descriptions included their intent.

But if you don’t see it as necessary, all good!

Thanks @Siodar. I haven’t seen that screen ever - is that in GSE?

:slight_smile: ok, i have informed Elfyau of what you have said and given him a idea on how to help you and future people who, use the addon, have this question. hopefully he will like the idea and implement it.

yes that is in GSE. as soon as you open the macro in GSE, you can scroll down and see the boxes. if a creator makes more than 1 version withing the macro, they usually have those boxes marked with the version. some dont and hopefully they put in the description when you have to change the default to the version needed for that situation you are in.

1 Like

Where do you see a link for talents??

Thje first macro “One button macro” Is youe single and and area of effect all in one macro. ST= Single Target. AOE= Area of Effect. what other acronyms do yo mean? A ST macro is for attacking one enemy. AoE is for attacking many things.

Personally I use the talents from WoWhead for lvling

B0PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAolAAEAAAAAAAAAAAAIolIJSCJH4ARaCpkIJESEaIRA

These

@jalkai if you use Elf’s plugin within GSE to download his macros, you’ll see the issue. ST and AOE are not what is confusing (not that it’s actually a problem, just a slight usability thing). Tks for the talent heads up btw. My level 70 talent choices are no doubt whack.

1 Like

This macro has been my favourite companion on my journey towards 70.
But now I have access skills like Death Chakram and Call of the Wild but I’m not sure where to put in that macro?
So what is the place for those semi long cooldown skills?

Check wowhead or icyVeins for rotation help on where to place those skills. Then you can either create a new Action Block in the appropriate place or adding into KeyPress/KeyRelease Variable at the bottom. Its a bit of trial and error, because adding a skill can mess up the original timing. I like to check out several other GSE macros for the same class to see how they may have ordered the skills.

1 Like

Hi Elfy
I have used the extra tree points for A murder of crow and death chakram, how would i add these to your macro please and everything else still work, I did try adding then but it messed the macro up ?

TIA
Tom

Check the answer right above your post.

2 Likes

Where you able to figure out the best way to add them to the Macro? I’m having the same issue

Yes just put them in a repeat box as it says above. I can’t post a pic now I am not near my comp but will tomorrow if that’s any good to you m