Elfyau's (GSE 3) 9.2.7 Balance Druid Macro **Updated 01-Sep-22**

@NoobSlayer I don’t believe so, but now that you have asked, it has me wondering lol I am going to check now lol thank you :slight_smile:

I was watching some videos & reading icy veins and in ST and AoE they say to cast both DOT spells to enter “eclipse” phase or something like that.

I mean the macro works brilliantly anyway so don’t panic or anything!
Just thought I’d ask :sunglasses:

Edit:::
I think I may have misread/misunderstood, you go Moon for Single to boost the abilities & Sun for AoE to boost the abilities for this purpose also.
I play Hunter Mainly and that’s easy to understand :rofl: this is new to me

1 Like

You actually want Both DOTS (moonfire and Sunfire) on your target. They are right when they say to get into Eclipse as fast as you can as thats where you do your damage.

In Lunar Eclipse you Spam Starfire until you change to Solar Eclipse. In Solar Eclipse you Spam Wrath until you change back to Lunar Eclipse. Don’t let your DOTS fall off (both of them). Starsurge on single target when you have enough Astral Power and Starfall on 2 or more targets.

To start the Fight:
Start out with 2 Wraths to enter Lunar Eclipse. The reason you start with Wrath is it has a much faster cast time than Starfire and will get you into Lunar Eclipse faster than if you were to cast 2 Starfires to enter Solar Eclipse.

4 Likes

Aha! see i knew id read or heard you need both dots!
IM guessing then it doesn’t make too much diff if youre doing ST or AOE in that sense then? As long as you’re spamming the right spells at the right time?

I’m guessing you’re a druid main? or play it alot?

1 Like

Simple Version is, on AOE:

1. Keep Starfall up 100% of the time. (You can milk a little more dps if you micro manage your astral power but for simple purposes just keep Starfall up and never let it drop off)
  2. ALWAYS Sunfire every mob with high HPs. (Dont Sunfire mobs that are almost dead as its a waste)
  3. While Starfall and Sunfire is rolling on the targets, Spam your Wrath or Starfire depending on what Eclipse you are in to swap Eclipses.

Keep it simple until you get comfortable with the rotation. If you’re feeling confident and want to min max a little more you add a Moonfire to your Sunfire DOT ONLY WHILE IN SOLAR ECLIPSE. However if you want to keep this simple then only cast Sunfire in AOE. Once you get the hang of the rotation, then add the Moonfire in during Solar Eclipse Only.

3 Likes

Gonna give this a try now in 9.2 ^^, Hope it still blasts well :smiley:

1 Like

@Feros let me know how you go with it, may include any input in the next update :slight_smile:

for some reason it only wants to cast stellar flare =/

1 Like

@Matt_Hew hopefully this will be fixed for you in the next update :slight_smile:

I’ve been to busy leveling and testing Resto / Enh shaman + Fury warrior xD Will poke you when I got time to test others ^^,

1 Like

The macro has been updated and is available in the original post and via Curseforge. Let me know what you think! Cheers! :balance_scale:

1 Like

Hi, with this macro I don’t have to solve phases?

You shouldn’t have to, no. I am not by any means saying that it is perfect but I think I have got it most of the time.

Hey all, what are you averaging dps-wise with this macro? I am I level 248 2 set piece and only averaging 3.2k - 3.4k dps, Set at 0.25s

Any assistance to get this up would be appreciated

ok i could be misunderstanding this, but are you doing 3.2 million+ dps?

now to your question. at iLvl 239, 1 leggo and 2 Tier. i am usually doing about 2.5-3k dps at 250ms.

Apologies 3.5k DPS avg right now.

Any improvement for this ??

The macro has been updated and is available in the original post and via Curseforge. Let me know what you think, Cheers! :star_and_crescent:

not a fan, its slow to get going and barely fired off starsurge in ST

2 Likes

make your own ! put starsurge on separate key ! but sunfire isnt firing off !