Endgame DPS macro - GSE

[quote quote=35330]I run an entirely different setup now. I think im on version 60+ now of gsse for this macro i screwed around it it so much. Ill update first post with it.
Its substantially different and im consistently pulling a lot more damage with it.
[/quote]

I assume the current macro on 1st page is already the newest one, if so, great job!
I was used to run with 2 buttons, one for the macro itself and the other to spam out Stormstrike on proc. No longer needed, since your macro spam Stormstrike often enough to not miss any proc.
Just one thing I’ve noted is about Frostbrand, its uptime is not that good, and would be great if it could be applied at the begin of the rotation.

Thanks again for your efforts :slight_smile:

First off, thank you for being another voice/creator/obsessive tester in the Enh field.

Did some testing of your updated macro in the OP. First thing, the Stormstrike in the PostMacro does nothing. Only none globals can be used in Post.

Ran several 4 minute tests and found Flame/Frost falling off quite a bit (maybe not a whole lot, but more than my liking), especially if a nice string of SS procs. One test I swear there was no Flame/Frost for a good 60 seconds, but I’ll be damn if the dps was still quite good due to about 24+ SS procs in about 40 seconds. I also found that Lava Lash was being cast so few, I don’t even see a point of keeping it in there. That’s just one less cast in the way of a possible Stormstrike proc cast.

After a few changes myself I found great results using this…(let me know what you think):

PreMacro=[[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],
"/cast !Stormstrike",
"/castsequence [combat] reset=/target  Flametongue, Frostbrand",
"/castsequence Boulderfist, Crash Lightning",
"/cast Stormstrike",
"/cast Boulderfist",
"/cast Stormstrike",
PostMacro=[[
/use Doom Winds
]],
}

[quote quote=35383]First off, thank you for being another voice/creator/obsessive tester in the Enh field.
Did some testing of your updated macro in the OP. First thing, the Stormstrike in the PostMacro does nothing. Only none globals can be used in Post.
Ran several 4 minute tests and found Flame/Frost falling off quite a bit (maybe not a whole lot, but more than my liking), especially if a nice string of SS procs. One test I swear there was no Flame/Frost for a good 60 seconds, but I’ll be damn if the dps was still quite good due to about 24+ SS procs in about 40 seconds. I also found that Lava Lash was being cast so few, I don’t even see a point of keeping it in there. That’s just one less cast in the way of a possible Stormstrike proc cast.
After a few changes myself I found great results using this…(let me know what you think):

<table class="crayon-table"><tbody><tr class="crayon-row"><td class="crayon-nums " data-settings="show">
</td><td class="crayon-code">
<span class="crayon-v">PreMacro</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span>
<span class="crayon-o">/</span><span class="crayon-i">targetenemy</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-v">noharm</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-v">dead</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span>
<span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-s">"/cast !Stormstrike"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-s">"/castsequence [combat] reset=/target Flametongue, Frostbrand"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-s">"/castsequence Boulderfist, Crash Lightning"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-s">"/cast Stormstrike"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-s">"/cast Boulderfist"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-s">"/cast Stormstrike"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">PostMacro</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-s">[[</span>
<span class="crayon-s">/use Doom Winds</span>
<span class="crayon-s">]]</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-sy">}</span>
</td></tr></tbody></table>
[/quote]

What’s your step function? Default or the static one?

StaticPriority

Lava Lash is used as a maelstrom dump during downtime and to keep from capping on maelstrom (if you cap its lost damage). It does a lot of damage / crits near 250-300k for me so its worth keeping in there.

I re did the macro again, (i did not update first post because this new one below also requires ss on a separate button even though it is in the macro) With my guild about to push into mythic raid this week, a one button wont cut it. I have storm strike in the macro yet so it clips itself on proc but i generally hit it on proc manually now. I pulled anywhere from 280k low end to 325k high end sustained on heroic xavius tonight. 860 ilvl - 894 artifact - all enchants, food, flask,etc. Now tonight was an utter shit night for ss procs for me in raid and it pulled awesome numbers. That one pull, after 4 minutes, i had 40 ss hits according to SKADA…rofl, whereas the other enhance in group had just under 300 ss hits. I was at 295k, he was at 371k. But regardless, i tested this in raid tonight and was keeping up to the other enhdance 10 item levels higher than me and in some cases during good proc sessions, surpassing them in dps (i peaked at 335k after about 5 minutes in that one pull)

Now note that is toons not even 2 weeks old yet, so i am missing out on a lot of free damage due to low artifact weapon level. I dont have unleashed doom yet or the points in for fb, ll, wf, or bf passive damage. Given i am able to keep up with some other enhances that do have all that stuff/high artifact level, id say it works slick.

Note that when i say artifact level, i dont mean item level.

Sequences['ENHdps1'] = {
author="Windfuhrerr@Thrall",
specID=263,
version=66,
source = "Local",
helpTxt = "ST - 3213112 ",
StepFunction = GSStaticPriority,
icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
lang="enUS",
PreMacro=[[
]],
"/cast !Stormstrike",
"/cast Boulderfist",
"/castsequence  reset=/target  Boulderfist, Flametongue, Frostbrand",
"/cast Crash Lightning",
"/cast Stormstrike",
"/cast Frostbrand",
"/cast Lava Lash",
PostMacro=[[
/use Doom Winds
]],
}

Hello

Is there an aoe version of this macro?

Jimmy

[quote quote=35409]Hello
Is there an aoe version of this macro?
Jimmy
[/quote]

The only way there could be an “aoe version” is if you put Crash Lightning in the first slot ahead of the first Stormstrike so it hits CL as much as possible.

You can’t have Frostbrand on it’s own line like that. I found it was wasting the global. Now it is spamming Frost too much and never hitting Lava Lash. The Frost in the castsequence is enough to keep it up near full time.

[quote quote=35423]You can’t have Frostbrand on it’s own line like that. I found it was wasting the global. Now it is spamming Frost too much and never hitting Lava Lash. The Frost in the castsequence is enough to keep it up near full time.
[/quote]

thats because most times id rather have it hit frostbran than lava lash and dump all my maelstrom. On good proc strings it works far better. I tried it without and found myself starved more often than not on resource.

What if you replaced the frostbrand with another boulderfist for maelstrom build would that help with the starvation?

[quote quote=35445]What if you replaced the frostbrand with another boulderfist for maelstrom build would that help with the starvation?
[/quote]

I really doubt it would help since there are already 2 Boulderfists ahead of it. I just took the Frost out and it performed better. Though I still use a different one for raiding.

[quote quote=35447]

What if you replaced the frostbrand with another boulderfist for maelstrom build would that help with the starvation?

I really doubt it would help since there are already 2 Boulderfists ahead of it. I just took the Frost out and it performed better. Though I still use a different one for raiding. [/quote]

edit asked wrong person wrong question ignore me

[quote quote=35447]

I really doubt it would help since there are already 2 Boulderfists ahead of it. I just took the Frost out and it performed better. Though I still use a different one for raiding. [/quote]

Which one are you using ? Frankly, none of the macros i found on this site come nowhere near my simulated dps. On Heroic Ursoc yesterday, i was doing barely 200k dps using OP’s macro and spamming stormstrike manually. Same goes for every other macro i found here. Simulated dps for Ursoc is 350k dps…So which one are you using Spitz ?

[quote quote=35455]Which one are you using ? Frankly, none of the macros i found on this site come nowhere near my simulated dps. On Heroic Ursoc yesterday, i was doing barely 200k dps using OP’s macro and spamming stormstrike manually. Same goes for every other macro i found here. Simulated dps for Ursoc is 350k dps……So which one are you using Spitz ?
[/quote]

First and foremost, please do not try to hit the numbers you see on Warcraftlogs.com or attempt to duplicate the Sim numbers. I have ZERO clue how they get to those numbers and they look like the quintessential carrot on a stick. I have a raid member who uses Soapbox rotations and he can’t even hit the Sim numbers (though I am jealous that he is always hitting 85-95% parses). For anyone to rank in the top on Warcraftlogs you have to never be picked for a raid mechanic in order to have to stop dps’ing and you probably have to be using a 3rd party bot (or be an OCD type of person who never makes one mistake on their rotation, which if we were here, wouldn’t be us).

What I try to base my macros on are the number of times a spell is fired off in a given period. I have a subscription to Mr. Robot and there are alot of options when you want to run a “dps sim” and in the end I just try to make sure I have the same number of casted Boulderfists, Flametongue, Frostbrand, Lava Lash, Crash Lightning as the sim has casted in the same time frame. The optional spells which you have no control over are just the luck of the draw…Doom Winds, Mark of the Hidden Satyr, Stormstrike (which you should also be manually spamming yourself on procs).

Anyway…here the 2 that I use right now (and I’m sure that will change over time as my toon gets stronger or whatnot):

Sequences['SpSingle'] = {
specID = 263,
author = "Spitz",
PreMacro = [[
]],
"/cast !Stormstrike",
"/castsequence Boulderfist, Crash Lightning",
"/castsequence [combat] reset=/target Flametongue,Frostbrand",
"/cast Stormstrike",
"/cast Boulderfist",
"/cast [combat] Crash Lightning",
"/cast Lava Lash",
PostMacro = [[
/cast [combat] Doom Winds
]],
}
Sequences['SpAOE'] = {
specID = 263,
author = "Spitz",
PreMacro = [[
]],
"/cast !Stormstrike",
"/cast Boulderfist",
"/castsequence [combat] reset=/target Flametongue,Frostbrand",
PostMacro = [[
/cast [combat] Doom Winds
]],
}

Got strange behavior with your latest macro, that is always trying to use trinket, is that meant to do? It just spams it and on screen I see : Item is not ready yet.,.,which is quite annoying :slight_smile:

You need uncheck “use trinket” on gse settings.

Oh, didnt notices that it have options in interface.,thank you

[quote quote=35461]

Which one are you using ? Frankly, none of the macros i found on this site come nowhere near my simulated dps. On Heroic Ursoc yesterday, i was doing barely 200k dps using OP’s macro and spamming stormstrike manually. Same goes for every other macro i found here. Simulated dps for Ursoc is 350k dps……So which one are you using Spitz ?

First and foremost, please do not try to hit the numbers you see on Warcraftlogs.com or attempt to duplicate the Sim numbers. I have ZERO clue how they get to those numbers and they look like the quintessential carrot on a stick. I have a raid member who uses Soapbox rotations and he can’t even hit the Sim numbers (though I am jealous that he is always hitting 85-95% parses). For anyone to rank in the top on Warcraftlogs you have to never be picked for a raid mechanic in order to have to stop dps’ing and you probably have to be using a 3rd party bot (or be an OCD type of person who never makes one mistake on their rotation, which if we were here, wouldn’t be us). What I try to base my macros on are the number of times a spell is fired off in a given period. I have a subscription to Mr. Robot and there are alot of options when you want to run a “dps sim” and in the end I just try to make sure I have the same number of casted Boulderfists, Flametongue, Frostbrand, Lava Lash, Crash Lightning as the sim has casted in the same time frame. The optional spells which you have no control over are just the luck of the draw…Doom Winds, Mark of the Hidden Satyr, Stormstrike (which you should also be manually spamming yourself on procs). Anyway…here the 2 that I use right now (and I’m sure that will change over time as my toon gets stronger or whatnot):
<table class="crayon-table"><tbody><tr class="crayon-row"><td class="crayon-nums " data-settings="show">
<span class="crayon-v">Sequences</span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-s">'SpSingle'</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-v">specID</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-cn">263</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">author</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"Spitz"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">helpTxt</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"ST - 3213112 "</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">StepFunction</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">GSStaticPriority</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">PreMacro</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span>
<span class="crayon-o">/</span><span class="crayon-i">targetenemy</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-v">noharm</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-v">dead</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span>
<span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-s">"/cast !Stormstrike"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-s">"/castsequence Boulderfist, Crash Lightning"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-s">"/castsequence [combat] reset=/target Flametongue,Frostbrand"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-s">"/cast Boulderfist"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-s">"/cast [combat] Crash Lightning"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-s">"/cast Lava Lash"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">PostMacro</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span>
<span class="crayon-o">/</span><span class="crayon-i">cast</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-v">combat</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-e">Doom </span><span class="crayon-i">Winds</span>
<span class="crayon-v">Sequences</span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-s">'SpAOE'</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-v">specID</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-cn">263</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">author</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"Spitz"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">helpTxt</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"ST - 3213112 "</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">StepFunction</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">GSStaticPriority</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">PreMacro</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span>
<span class="crayon-s">"/cast [combat] Crash Lightning"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-s">"/castsequence [combat] reset=/target Flametongue,Frostbrand"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">PostMacro</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span>
<span class="crayon-o">/</span><span class="crayon-i">cast</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-v">combat</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-e">Doom </span><span class="crayon-i">Winds</span>
[/quote]

Any chance you can link logs to see how its performing?