Error in game msg saying i have reached the maximum macros allowed

Hi,
Im getting this error msg saying you can have a maximum of 18 macros per character. You have 18 macros. As a result this macro was not created. Please delete some macros and re-enter /gse again.

I have deleted most of the macros except a couple and I am still unable to create a new one. Im wondering if anybody has encountered this and what the fix might be.

The only thing I can think of is possibly the amount is per account? Any help would be appreciated.

go into your private macros and delete a few of them !

assuming you are referring to the wow macros that I create in game, ill give it a try, ty

There’s two terms that are used interchangeably but are different. In GSE you (the person) store templates. GSE uses these templates and generates from this template a macro which it programs to a hidden button. (You can see the actual macro that GSE generates by hitting Compile Template.) In order to use that button it’s needs a stub macro that tells WoW how to press that button. This stub macro is stored in WoWs macro storage located in /macro. In this you can only store 18 macros per character. This is a WoW limitation.

In GSE you can store an unlimited number of templates but it only activates the templates that have a matching stub macro. (The Create icon and Delete Icon functions in /gse create and remove these stub macros)

On top of this WoW has 120 macro slots that are shared amongst all your characters. In GSE’s options you can choose to use this space but it can cause other problems if you play more than one character.

Hi ,
Thank you for the explanation. I found that there is a sub area for this toon on another tab once I open the /macro in game that stores the button info as you stated. It was full which makes sense why i wasnt able to add any others for that toon. Thanks !

1 Like