Fated Discipline

[quote quote=62795]EnixLHQ, I notice in the DPS macro you have Divine Star (understandable) but are recommending Halo, so Which is the preferred? Yes, I can switch to Halo in a raid/grp.
The AOE macro has Halo but the Heal is just Penance, so in raid do you just spam AOE and Heal?
Seems like for just running around, you would just use DPS with Divine Star and for raids/grps switch to Halo, which is fine.
So, can you explain the sequence of events when in a raid/grp 1. set focus on Tank 2. ? 3. ? 4. ?
I tried the DPS on a 110 mob, works fine, I was in no danger, but I am uncertain as to the sequence of play using your macros in a raid/grp.
Thanks for all the work:)[/quote]

Divine Star is in the DPS macro in case you take it. I don’t recommend it since I get way more use out of Halo (seriously, the two don’t even compare to me), but I left it in so you don’t have to change the macro.

Same deal with Halo. Don’t have to edit anything to enjoy either talent.

I tend to do this if a talent is more for preference instead of a clear gain in performance so you can choose whatever you like.

Added @focus support to the DPS macro.

@focus will take priority over target, allowing you to target something dead (like looting) or whatever you aggroed without losing your heals on the focus and DPS on their target. However, if you target a live enemy, you will DPS that target over the focus target.

If you set a focus the DiscHeal macro will allow you to shield and heal your focus without selecting or mousing over them.

Fix for Focus support with the DPS macro. You can now either focus your tank, target your tank, or target the enemy and in all cases, whomever that enemy is targetting will be shielded.

Also, if you focus your tank, but your tank decides he wants to pick roses and your DPS engages the next group, you can now target that DPS and have everything work as expected until your tank returns.

This also means you can solo with this macro as well. If the enemy is targetting you, you get shielded. So go solo epics now.

@Focus support!

I’ve finally properly included @focus support. You can now either focus your tank, target your tank, or target the enemy and in all cases, whomever that enemy is targetting will be shielded.

Also, if you focus your tank, but your tank decides he wants to pick roses and your DPS engages the next group, you can now target that DPS and have everything work as expected until your tank returns. You will not need to clear your focus.

This also means you can solo with this macro as well. If the enemy is targetting you, you get shielded. So go solo epics now.

The priority with focus is as follows:
#1 = @mouseover
#2 = target
#3 = self (when not in a group)
#4 = focus

My recommended usage is to set your tank as your focus immediately, and mouseover/target anyone as needed through the dungeon. If your tank is doing their job you won’t have to do anything more than spam the DPS macro, mouseover with the Heal macro, and sometimes use the AoE macro. If you are not mouseovering or targetting, your heals macro will shield your focus. If your tank is not doing their job, simply target a DPS who is fighting or the enemy who aggroed you and spam the DPS macro as normal. The Heals macro will understand that your focus is not your priority and will shield/heal your mouseovers and targets, as normal.

Also, I have streamlined the MOD commands to be more uniform across all three macros.
ALT - this mod will focus on “additional support”. In the DPS macro this means supporting yourself. In the Heals macro that means healing (instead of shielding) your mouseovers/targets/focus. The AoE macro will place a barrier down at your location to protect your party.
SHIFT - this mod is your OH CRAPBASKETS mod. It will always cast Rapture on yourself for stronger shields and Pain Suppression on your mouseover/target/focus or yourself (if not in a group and also not targeting a friendly).
CTRL - this is your Purify mod. Like other priority targets it will respect priority.

Fix for a bug where if you targeted a dead enemy it might take priority over alive targets your focus was fighting.

EnixLHQ, is there a new version now? I see that the WA are still dated 8/5/2018, is the “nodead” or whatever fix in 8/6/2018? If so, its not clear to me if its posted or not.

Thanks

[quote quote=62991]EnixLHQ, is there a new version now? I see that the WA are still dated 8/5/2018, is the “nodead” or whatever fix in 8/6/2018? If so, its not clear to me if its posted or not.
Thanks[/quote]

Yes, it is.

But I didn’t fully update the OP because I came across an issue with Shadowfiend I am trying to fix. But, otherwise, that’s the most current one.

Fixes!

Fix on the DPS macro to help with Shadowfiend. Even if you didn’t have an issue with it I recommend taking the new macro because it also fixes the targetting issue.

Fix for the AoE macro that should make PW:R easier to use without issue.

Thanks for your hard work Enix I tested this and works great! Nice being at the top of the chart in healing and mid level damage!

I am having lock up issues with this macro. It ran fine the first target dummy but as soon as I switch smite no longer cast and I just cycle through all remaining spell that are on cool down. I tested it in a 5 man heroic dungeon. Set focus on tank. First mob went fine and then locked up again. Would not cast smite when rest of the spells are on cool down.

Did you grab the newest DPS macro where Shadowfiend is in the PreMacro section?

yes I have the newest one and even redid the game, it goes through fine the for 1 min or so, and then just locks up doing nothing.

I bet you’re having the Shadowfiend issue.

@Yockster, give this a shot for me and tell me what happens. In game, type /m to open the native macro interface and create a new macro. Just have one line in it:
/cast Shadowfiend
Save it and drag it to your hotbar. Click it. What does it say?

it cast it just fine, no errors or anything, I could invite with my battle tag if you want to see it in action, maybe it is me? I do not use a gaming keyboard just a normal one.

Yeah, find me on Discord and we’ll figure this out. I’m stumped as is.

Updates!

First, the DPS macro now allows some choice in a couple mandatory talents. You can now take Shadow Covenant OR Divine Star. You don’t have to take both, just one or the other.

The reason is the same for both of them. Their cooldowns are within the length of time of an Atonement cast, and will allow PW:Shield to be automatically renewed if you’re spamming the DPS macro.

That means just like before you can save your heals macro for spot shielding and/or healing party/raid members and let the DPS macro automate shielding enemy targets.

Basically, this now boils down into two playstyles: Passive healing or moar deeps.

If you take Shadow Covenant you get a (because of the macro) passive pulse of healing every 12 seconds to your target and 4 more teammates. The healing is just enough that if your tank is doing their job and your DPS is not standing in fire you’ll heal them of any chip damage they’ll take in most encounters. This means you can DPS away, which automatically protects your tank, and impress your friends with how easy you make Disc look.

Or, if you take Divine Star you free up your T5 slot for something like Sins of the Many or Contrition. With SotM your DPS will skyrocket, both in part due to the 12% (diminishing) DPS/HPS boost, but Divine Star will also toast your enemies as long as you’re within 23 yards of them. 23 because the star must pass through the target in order to heal/harm them. This restricts your positioning somewhat, putting you in closer to the action for the DPS gain, or at least behind your team if you want to spend Stars healing, but in return you can climb one or two slots in the DPS meters pretty easily.

Feel free to mix and match how you want, now. Castigation/Contrition is now a valid combo, as long as you take Divine Star. Or Schism/Halo if you take Shadow Covenant. Personally, I’m loving Schism/PW:Solace/SotM/Divine Star. Everything hits like a truck, the Atone heals are amazing, mana for dayz, and if my group is melee heavy I don’t have to worry about their bubbles.

Or you can take both mandatory talents and double up on the tank bubbles (first two will overlap but over time they will space out) and split the difference of the two styles above; tons of passive healing for whatever’s in front of you, and some extra DPS to boot.

Oh, almost forgot to mention, increased the loop limit on the AoE macro so that Evangelism will not fire so quickly if you lean on the button too long. You should still get one PW:Radiance out before Evangelism fires, but since you will likely save it for your second PW:Radience, this should make them time together more often. Assuming you take Evangelism. If not, don’t worry, you do you.

Very nice. Thanks for this. Opens up some cool builds. Recent buff to Divine Star healing makes it that much better.
Much <3

Enix, I have been running with Halo in the DPS macro but I now see that Divine Star is in many places in the current version, where would a optimal placement be to replace Divine Star (Halo has longer CD)
I suppose I could just replace Divine Star with Halo wherever I see Divine Star but is there one spot where its best and leave Divine Star in the other places (it will be a null)

I just did a Warden Tower WQ with your new macro. The dps macro barely used smite, if at all on a mob, and there was only minor improvement doing normal WQ’s. I don’t know if I have my delay set too high or too low. I’m not entirely sure how to calculate an optimum delay for my latency.

I wouldn’t advise Halo on CD at all. It’s a heal/harm spell, so you’d damage mobs you don’t intend to and draw aggro. The radius is huge.

Depending on your talent choices, you might be doing a lot more things than Smite, all of which are more damaging or beneficial. Smite is a filler, meant to cast when you have nothing else to cast in the moment. SW:Pain, Schism, PW:Solace, Penance, Shadowfiend, Divine Star
 These will all fire before Smite, and most with relatively low cooldowns. Personally, I can kill two or three world mobs long before Smite’s the only thing left to cast.

But if you’re just standing there doing nothing instead of Smiting, then there is a problem. Is that what is happening?