Feral (Cat) – 5.0.4

I carefully tried the macro again, this time making it look like…

#showtooltip

/castsequence [stealth]Pounce

/castsequence reset=target Mangle,Rip,Rake,Mangle, Savage Roar,Mangle,Rake,Mangle

/cast [nocombat]Prowl

/cast Faerie Fire

/cast [combat]Tiger’s Fury

/cast [combat]Berserk

Now it works because I double spaced it where before it was one line right after the other. The only problem i have now is my character says the macro when ever he uses it. I made sure there were no spaces before the / of each line.

Thank You Luis for your reply! =)

Tom I had that problem once and it turned out to be a really simple mistake. Macros are funny that way that one spacing, letter or symbol out or wrong will do strange things or nothing at all.

First line should be #showtooltip with no /,caps or spaces. Second command and each successive one has to start with /cast or /castsequence all lower case and make sure the / is aligned to the left as far as it will go. Copy and pasting from this site can and has caused problems with alignment and spacing so triple check it all.

There is no need to double space and I have never done it - this may cause some problems.

Can anyone make a macro for when when the boss is at 25%???

Pulling an extra 2k+ dps on the 90 dummy (this will translate to a lot more in actual raiding) with this macro - all I did was replace Mangle with Shred. To be used when you know you can be behind a boss. Also have to use supadupamacro or maybe not without Cenarion Ward and I have Lifeblood in mine.

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=target Shred,Rip,Rake,Shred,Savage Roar,Shred,Rake,Shred
/cast [nocombat]Prowl
/cast Faerie Fire
/cast [combat]Berserk
/cast [combat]Barkskin
/cast [combat]Cenarion Ward
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14

@George I am curious as to what talent gives more damage when a boss is below 25% health?

Some good macros here to build on. For those who are using [nocombat]Prowl, you should change it to [nostealth]Prowl. This will keep from casting prowl (exiting it) while already stealthed.

Here is my macro that works well. I am using the glyph of savagery (can use Savage Roar without the need for points). This is great because you can use it before Shred if you need to.

I use this macro without Shred because I do not like positional requirements. I have a seperate key (Mouse button 4) that I spam Shred when I need it and am behind the boss/target.

/castsequence reset=target Savage Roar,Mangle,Rake,Rip,Mangle,Thrash,Rake,Mangle,Ferocious Bite

/cast [nostealth]Prowl

/cast Faerie Fire

/cast [combat]Barkskin

/cast [combat]Berserk

This is 238/255 so feel free to add trinkets/racials if you want at the end.

Enjoy!

@George on the 25% boss health macro I finally realised why you asked.

Ferocious Bite

Finishing move that causes damage per combo point and consumes up to 25 additional Energy to increase damage by up to 100%.
When used on targets below 25% health, Ferocious Bite will also refresh the duration of your Rip on your target.
Critical strike chance increased by 25% against bleeding targets.

To all intents and purposes using FB is a big dps loss if I am reading the forums correctly. To macro this and still be effective you would have to stop the button spam at certain points (50% energy attained) to get the most from your FB. Also if you have 100% energy you still get the same damage as if you would use 50% energy hence a waste of 50% energy.

In theory it looks good but it’s not. Because a boss takes so long to kill from 25% it is still the best dps to use the normal rip/rake/mangle combo. FB is used on non elites/weak elites mainly for when the bleed will not time out and a 5 point FB will kill them outright and also for burst finisher for pvp but for raiding bosses not advised at all.

Any comments on this are welcome.

I am trying both of the last two listed marco combos (michaeljackson and Vylin) and was wondering what your stat priorities were , meaning did you go with accepted Agility > Mastery > Crit > Expertise (7.5%) = Melee Hit (7.5%) > Haste or did you go with Agility > Expertise (7.5%) = Melee Hit (7.5%) > Mastery > Crit >Haste?

Hi Bill I go with http://www.icy-veins.com/feral-druid-wow-pve-dps-statistics-priority-reforging and http://www.askmrrobot.com recommendations and use Agi > Mastery > Hit=Exp > Crit > Haste and it seems to be working well. I am always in the top 5 dps for LFR and often top dps and always top dps for 5 man heroics. I am pulling on single target approx 60k dps and up to 120k aoe in ilvl 480 gear.

I must say that all these macros need work mainly because they overwrite the bleeds and buffs from up to 10 seconds to early which in my opinion is a huge dps loss. To fix this we would probably have to thread in a 2-3 point FB taking up the slack. Having said that the faster both bleeds and the SR buff go up the better but from then on once they are happening there is some spare time on bleeds/buff.

When I have a spare few hours I am going to make a long castsequence supadupa macro and try to get a good boss rotation going where there is no overlap or downtime on bleeds/buffs.

@Vylin I like the way [nocombat]Prowl is set up because I love the ability to be able to hit the macro twice to remove myself from prowl. I use it all the time this way to go prowl and then normal cat form.

Hey mj I’m curious as to what macro you are using to get 60k single

Please share as I would love to get those sort of numbers. What talents

Did you pick ?

What sort of numbers are other Peopl getting and wih which macro ?

Are you guysusing any AoE macro if so please share .

Min usually a resto and want to try my hand at feral .

Looking forward to your replys

Korthain

Hi Stephen i will put all mine in this post as they are my final working macros.

Talents are Feline Swiftness, Cenarion Ward, Mass Entanglement, Soul of the Forest, Mighty Bash and Dream of Cenarius.

Major glyphs are Dash, Cat Form and Barkskin. ilvl 482

Button 1 Skull Bash.

Button 2 rotation macro for when you can’t guarantee you can stay behind the boss/lots of movement fights. Also can hit button once to go stealth and again to remove stealth.

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=target Mangle,Rip,Rake,Mangle,Savage Roar,Mangle,Rake,Mangle
/cast [nocombat]Prowl
/cast Faerie Fire
/cast [combat]Berserk
/cast [combat]Barkskin
/cast [combat]Lifeblood(Rank 9)
/use [combat]14
/startattack

Button 3 for when you can stay behind the boss or alternate with button 2 for when you can at times.

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=target Shred,Rip,Rake,Shred,Savage Roar,Shred,Rake,Shred
/cast [nocombat]Prowl
/cast Faerie Fire
/cast [combat]Berserk
/cast [combat]Barkskin
/cast [combat]Lifeblood(Rank 9)
/use [combat]14
/startattack

Button 4 aoe macro, dots the primary target and aoe. If this locks up for any reason then change target and resume. Good idea to get bleeds going on more than one target anyway. Does 75-77k on the 3 shrine dummies. Thinking about glyph of savagery for raiding.

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=target Swipe,Rake,Rip,Swipe,Savage Roar,Thrash,Rake,Swipe
/cast [combat]Berserk
/cast [combat]Barkskin
/cast Cenarion Ward
/cast Lifeblood(Rank 9)
/use [combat]14
/startattack

Keep Mangle handy for the rare lockup - just hit mangle once then resume the macro.

Michael,

I do not think your “Shred” macro will work like you expect. If you alternate between the Shred and no Mangle macros, the timing of all of your abilities will be thrown off. In the worst case you’ll execute 10 combo point abilities followed by 2 back-to-back finishing moves (the second of which probably won’t work and will hang the sequence).

When fighting bosses and such, I’ve found that they instantly turn to face you (no stun, no delay). Thus you can never guarantee what orientation you’ll get.

With the glyph of shred, you do get to use Shred (with no positional requirements) after Tiger’s Fury and Berserk but in order to take advantage of that you’d need to put those two abilities into your castsequence rotation.

At least this is what I think is happening/will happen.

I am still hampered by the very high latency of my connection (300 - 800 ms) which means I sacrifice almost 1/2 of my dps due to lag when using castsequence. This leads to a lot of aaarrgggghhh! (death) in the bgs. It also means my usefulness in dungeons is hampered.

I’m sorry about my whining on this. I had seen some discussions of using “/click” to get around this latency issue but no one has bothered to actually explain how the “/click” command bypasses the latency issue.

I do have to say that using these macros (and getting to level 85 and improving some equipment not sure of my average but I have a few Ilevel 470 but most is betwen that and Ilevel 300) has raised my damage from 2k-5k / hit to 10k-25k / hit. This is a HUGE improvement.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
I do feel like I can do better though. I’m just trying to figure out how.

Hi Jim - I actually almost exclusively use the Shred macro and it works perfectly & 80k dps on a boss. If a boss does spin on me I just run through him and continue with Shred. If however he spins on me and I have agro like some bosses do I will just switch to my mangle macro. If like normally the boss turns on me for only a second like happens most of the time I will continue with the Shred macro until his ability is done then he turns back to the tank. Normally my energy is low so this allow it to regen anyway while still auto attacking so no dps loss. The most combo points wasted at any given time will only be 1 or 2 depending on procs because the sequence is Mangle,Rip,etc so the Rip will consume any. Now if I change the Mangle macro reset to 5 then it will always do that. That is a good option.

As far as click macros go I made a thread with relevant links to tutorials but no one responded. Check it out here Click Macro - Lazy Macros - WoW Lazy Macros

Michael,

That explains part of my problem. I’m testing these macros by soloing bosses, so no tank to redirect their aggro and they are not affected by stun effects :open_mouth:

I’m also trying to redo your rotation to take into account my glyph of savagery (which allows a 0 cp Savage Roar). In your rotations you try to get your Rip up early and only later put up the SR.

I’ve got to figure out how to put up the SR first, then the Rip (with 3-5 cps), and then the SR again without investing too many cps in the second SR.

I’m beginning to question my selection of the glyph of savagery since a single pounce/ravage generates a cp, do I really ever use a 0 cp SR? Maybe I would be better off with something else.

sigh

With the Glyph you have to do it immediately after Rip so no CP are consumed. I tried that glyph but gave it a miss because it got the “There is a stronger spell already active” message and it was locking up what I was trying to achieve.

As far as no tank with you then you really do have to stick with Mangle, either that or like you said the Shred glyph but that has to be timed correctly as well. The main reason I put the early Rip in the rotation is not so much for an early Rip (but that does help) - it’s mainly to have a 5 point combo on the next Rip. Sometimes it’s 4 but mainly 5.

I read something about SR recently that said that SR did not break your cloak. However, my experience is that this is false. SR does break cloak and this ruins your Ravage / Pounce.

This goes back to the glyph of Savagery comments. If you are starting all of your attacks from stealth with a Pounce / Ravage, then you will always have at least 1 cp! If you always start with 1 cp, then you’ll never need the ability to throw a 0 cp SR, so why waste a major glyph slot for it?!

If you want to begin with a SR, then just put it first in your rotation, follow it with 3-4 combo point generators, then a Rip, then 1-2 combo point generators, and then wrap back to the beginning of the sequence.