Feral Druid 5.2

okay here is the cast sequence part I worked out so far. It is FAR from perfect. Sometimes you are left waiting for Tigers Fury. Some of the Dots run off so still tweaking it to perfection. So anyone want to give me a hand on it just feel free. I included the tiger’s fury in the macro for greater control of our energy. Ideally when it gets closer to perfection We will have a Rip,rake,thrash after each one. However we need that 60 energy to get off two quick mangles for combo points.

/castsequence [nostealth]reset=5/target Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Thrash,Mangle,Rake,Rip,Mangle,Tiger’s Fury,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Mangle,Mangle,Savage Roar,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Thrash,Rake,Rip,Tiger’s Fury,Mangle,Mangle,Mangle,Ferocious Bite

I also chose to use mangle over shred as the damage is not that far at my level from mangle. Maybe at most about 50 point difference in damage. End game I hear that overall DPS from Shred and Mangle is about 3 percent difference so still shred is not really worth it. It is just one of those spells that should just die. Plus mangle has no position requirement and cost less energy.

Thrash’s duration is 15 sec and it has a fairly hefty energy cost. Why so many of them? Does it stack?

Well still a macro I am working on. trying to have it at every 15 seconds.

/castsequence [nostealth]reset=5/target Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Mangle,Mangle,Rip,Mangle,Tiger’s Fury,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Mangle,Mangle,Savage Roar,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Mangle,Rip,Tiger’s Fury,Mangle,Mangle,Mangle,Ferocious Bite

try that one

When I’m planning my attack sequencing, I assume a 2 sec interval per key click (1.5 sec for gcd + 0.5 sec for lag). This allows me to roughly schedule where to put abilities with cooldowns (like TF & Thrash).

Do you follow a similar system or do you use some other method for scheduling them?

Now the macro stopped working now I took out the extra thrashes those was holding it together somehow.

Also I would put Berserk decreases energy cost of our attacks by 50% for 15 sec. We need to insert that after a TF but before the most expensive set of attacks (meaning a combo including Thrash).

Also neither TF nor Berserk trigger a gcd so we can skip waiting for the gcd on those.

TF has a 30 sec cooldown so we’ll use this multiple times per boss or pvp fight.

Berserk has a 180 sec cooldown so we’ll only get to use this once per boss or pvp fight.

Okay figured out the problem. the problem is now for some reason or another the tiger’s fury is not firing while it was just this morning now it is not.

Also, MJ pointed out that if one of the attacks crits, the attack generates 2 cps instead of one. This allows us to reduce the number of attacks between finishing moves. Also SR gives the same damage bonus regardless of cps used, so we only need the number of cps required to cover us until the next SR.

In MJ’s sequencing he leverages this so that he puts 3-4 cp builders before a Rip (which usually puts 4-5 cps into the Rip) and 1-2 before a SR. This makes the whole sequence about 15 sec long before it resets to the beginning. It also means that we should trigger a TF about once every two times through the sequence.

I realize I’m not helping you any Christopher. I’ll try thinking about this and making some specific suggestions later in the day :slight_smile:

I do have a general question for anyone reading the thread:

Why do we put Thrash so late in our sequences? As far as I know, it provides AoE, DoT & a debuff but generates no cp. Why not put it earlier in the sequence?

I have had problems with TF firing in my macros too. At least one part of the problem comes from cutting and pasting. Not all “’” (single quotes) are the same. Apparently some of the cut & past single quotes use the wrong ascii code (or something like that) and this prevents TF from firing my the macro.

What I eventually did was place a button bar above my button bar 1. Then I put the raw TF skill above it so I can monitor that skill separately and see when it fires. This method allowed me to debug my blasted buff/debuff macro :slight_smile:

It sounds like in your case it might be a timing issue. Without the extra Thrashes, the sequence comes to the TF a little too soon.

Incidentally, I just downloaded and installed my first addon yesterday (MacroToolkit). What add ons do you use (other than the Ovale you just mentioned)?

Okay somehow it mysteriously fixed musta been a wrong syntac.

/castsequence [nostealth]reset=5/target Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Thrash,Mangle,Rake,Rip,Mangle,Tiger’s Fury,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Mangle,Mangle,Savage Roar,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Thrash,Rake,Rip,Tiger’s Fury,Mangle,Mangle,Mangle,Ferocious Bite

The problem now is that sometimes we are waiting for TF. Sometimes five seconds sometimes it is dead on.

Other then Ovale to get the rotation I use elvui and a few others like skada and such. nothing big or game changing. Skada is far superior in telling us our Dot uptimes.

Well still a macro I am working on. trying to have it at every 15 seconds.

/castsequence [nostealth]reset=5/target Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Mangle,Mangle,Rip,Mangle,Tiger’s Fury,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Mangle,Mangle,Savage Roar,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Mangle,Rip,Tiger’s Fury,Mangle,Mangle,Mangle,Ferocious Bite

try that one

Here are some suggestions:
  1. Make the reset timer number higher. I can envision having to wait for an energy build up and 5 sec seems like it might reset me while I’m waiting for that. Perhaps use a 10-15 sec reset?

2. I do not think TF or Berserk have a gcd, so could we put them in a separate castsequence in the same macro so we don’t slow down our primary attack? I’m still not sure how the mechanics of these works but it might look something like this (assuming 2 sec / key click):

/castsequence reset=target/22 0,0,0,Tiger’s Fury,0,0,0,Berserk,0,0,0,0

1. Do not add these to the primary attack sequence but I think Faerie Fire and Track Humanoid can be added into the above sequence.

/castsequence reset=target/22 Faerie Fire,Track Humanoid,0,Tiger’s Fury,0,0,0,Berserk,0,0,0,0

okay dokey. I decided to keybind Tiger’s fury in with my W key. Keeping it on cooldown. With the changed macro below it is about the best I can come up with so far. I have a Ferocious bite at the end. It does help a little with DPS. Seeing those 7k crits at level 64 from it is kinda a nice site to behold.

The problem with below macro is timing is not perfect. I think it is about as best as it can be. Sometimes you are like 2 or 3 seconds from reapplying a DOT. However I have noticed a overall DPS increase so for now I think it works.

/castsequence [nostealth]reset=target Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Mangle,Mangle,Rip,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Mangle,Mangle,Savage Roar,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Mangle,Mangle,Rip,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Mangle,Mangle,Ferocious Bite

Rake Thrash hardly ever fall off with this macro and it only clips it by a second at most. Rip does fall off usually by a few seconds. SR falls off after the macro. However if we add a mangle SR at the end it will make it so that the first Rip at the beginning falls off… So the thing to improve this is to get it so that rip is clipped by a second and SR is clipped as well to make sure they are constantly up.

Not sure of the DPS loss or gain but we can replace Ferocious bite with SR at the end that way SR does not fall off. However I feel that it will pull close in numbers however not having on SR while doing that first Rip as that stat is kinda frozen at the moment of the RIP might prove to overshadow FB

Can you time your macro to see how long it takes to get all of the way through? Do you think that attempting to put in the TF and Berserk would help/hurt?

If we can get the timing correctly and build that second sequence into it, then we could replace some portion of our Mangles with Shreds. Our Shreds should be doing 30% more damage than Mangle.

Which reminds me:

Shred 480% dmg, 40 energy, 1 sec gcd (12% dmg / energy)

Mangle 400% dmg, 35 energy, 1 sec gcd + speed debuff (11.4% dmg / energy)

Since our dps is more strongly limited by energy availability, we only get 5% extra damage per energy point spent with Shred and we won’t get the speed debuff when using it. For that small damage increase we have to worry about timing, position, keeping the bleed going, etc.

Alright you guys have convinced me, I’m going to ditch Shred and Glyph of Shred and stick with the Mangle attack. Now what Glyphs should I use in place of Glyph of Shred and Glyph of Savagery which we have just shown don’t help all that much?

If I pick:

Glyph of Barkskin, then I get to spend that Buff more freely

Glyph of Prowl, then it gets rid of my prowl speed penalty

Glyph of Cat Form, increases healing to my Cat

Any other suggestions?

Use savegry so you can begin the fight with savage roar up.

Speaking of which you just solved one problem.

/castsequence [nostealth]reset=target Savage Roar,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Mangle,Mangle,Rip,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Mangle,Mangle,Savage Roar,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Mangle,Mangle,Rip,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Mangle,Mangle,Ferocious Bite

That works out much better.

Also if I understand the macro mechanics correctly, there is no penalty for including an Instant ability with no gcd in your macro when it is on cooldown.

The following instant abilities have no gcd:

TF, Berserk, Faerie Fire (but it does cost mana), Track Humanoids (but this costs mana too), Barkskin (but we may want to save this for casting).

So perhaps if we blend these freebie abilities into a second castsequence line like this:

/castsequence reset=target/22 [combat,nostealth] Faerie Fire,0,0,Tiger’s Fury,0,Tiger’s Fury,0,Berserk,Faerie Fire,0,0,0,Tiger’s Fury,Berserk,0,Tiger’s Fury,Faerie Fire,Tiger’s Fury,0,Berserk,0,Tiger’s Fury,0,Tiger’s Fury
/castsequence reset=target/22 [stealth,mod]Ravage;[stealth]Pounce;[nocombat]Prowl;[noform:3]Cat Form;Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Mangle,Mangle,Rip,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Mangle,Mangle,Savage Roar,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Mangle,Mangle,Rip,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Mangle,Mangle,Ferocious Bite
/use [form:3]Track Humanoid

What I tried to do was align multiple TFs with each finishing move (except the first one), the Berserk with Thrash (for maximum energy savings), and mixed in Faerie Fire every 8 clicks or so.

What I hope this does is fire off a TF within a few seconds of it becoming available. If not available on any given key click, it ought to do nothing in that sequence (except increment to the next step on the next time around) but still execute the step below it in the attack sequence.

I have no idea how long this script is though. It might be too long :frowning:

Speaking of which you just solved one problem.

/castsequence [nostealth]reset=target Savage Roar,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Mangle,Mangle,Rip,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Mangle,Mangle,Savage Roar,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Mangle,Mangle,Rip,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Mangle,Mangle,Ferocious Bite

Add a Mangle onto the end of this and then you can get rid of your Glyph of Shred.

Just add a “0,” to the front and “,0” to the end of the other cast sequence to get mine to align with yours (after you have added the “,Mangle” to the end).

The new one looks like this:

/castsequence reset=target/22 [combat,nostealth,form:3] Faerie Fire,0,0,0,Tiger’s Fury,0,Tiger’s Fury,0,Berserk,Faerie Fire,0,0,0,Tiger’s Fury,Berserk,0,Tiger’s Fury,Faerie Fire,Tiger’s Fury,0,Berserk,0,Tiger’s Fury,0,Tiger’s Fury,0
/castsequence reset=target/22 [stealth,mod]Ravage;[stealth]Pounce;[nocombat]Prowl;[noform:3]Cat Form;Savage Roar,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Mangle,Mangle,Rip,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Mangle,Mangle,Savage Roar,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Mangle,Mangle,Rip,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Mangle,Mangle,Ferocious Bite,Mangle
/use [form:3]Track Humanoid

We can blend the following into the first castsequence above:

Barkskin (60 sec cd / 0 gcd)
Lifeblood() (120 sec cd / 0 gcd)
[combat,mod]Potion of the Tol’Vir (1 sec cast? / 0 gcd)
Survival Instincts? (180 sec cd / 0 gcd)

Disorienting Roar? (3 sec dur, 30 sec cd / 0 gcd)

Skull Bash? (4 sec dur, 15 sec cd / 0 gcd)

Just space them evenly (based upon cooldown) through the first castsequence. Do NOT put both DR and SB in this script, use one or the other. You want to be able hit a caster in a hurry if they start casting something big.

My inclination is to put the SB in this macro because it has a 15 sec cooldown. Leave your DR for your escape macro. Create a SB/DR macro which alternates between the two of them. In an emergency you can spam the SB/DR macro to stun them.