FERAL-TALE (GSE 3.1.29, Patch 10.0.5, Level 70)

Hi guys,

I got fed up with all the different macros not working exactly like I expected them to, so I created my own.

It’s quite simple using two sequential loops and a bunch of variables.

I use Fore’s Druid Auras.

Give it a try and let me know of any problems!

Kind regards,
Markus

FERAL-TALE

diuzgaalLClkH8lIudJICmblJuptitJI6AsQTrf(gvQXjjNtOQ1jbVJi09aPYabrLdsPSqqKhsjyIuICrQk2ir0hbrPtsL0mLq3KiyNk8tkHAOGuAPur9uGPsuxfevTvkr9vqQ6TcL7sv1EvnyehgYIPs8yfnzQIlJ0MPQ0NbjJMs1PvQxdcZgQUnvPDl1Vjz4u44cvwoOEouMUORlrBhKIVtjnEQiNNiz9GOy(e2pQF4YFeoqsFC2wrls2wrF(qF5dKaAcRWU8hHlFGLrWBKl4uSlFGhvID5pchi9eHLy04kP9KYKyq0kRDHILncMjU2ygByuUvTFMWeMatXOj0LiyOOjtyIZiiOlMibLQ9DdtxmPlXXLityctycmfJMqxIGHIMmHjoJGGUysxIJ)8adyLv8l)r4aPNiSKjXA1u51fuUAfwsr4PD)mbAHvwXFEWeLx(JWbspryjtI1kFvWElO9ZelGsMiPc27ZdqguNU8hHdKEIWsMeZRYtbeE6NjssHvZTQeJjqAN0NppW2m3Qg7YFeU8hHdyblMOKfS4d9bSGfgWkR4SGfFeDalyHhvIXcw8H5dyblqguNybl(O(aPNiSKjXGOvw7c28GmYn0qzcWkc27Qvt7OUP47gk)mjk(qvv1bYszqpW2m3Q(5h6l)r4awWIjkzbl(qFalyHbSYkolyXhrhWcw4rLySGfFy(awWcKb1jwWIpQpq6jclzsmQtBSeBzhb7D1QPDu3u8DdLFMuRdUpqwkd6b2M5w1p)i6YFeU8hHdyblMOKfS4d9bSGfgWkR4SGfFeDalyHhvIXcw8H5dyblqguNybl(O(aPNiSeJgxjTNuMedIwzTlijfgHZejHPnKrQvRM2rDtX3nu(zI2T5Qi3lMO11oQoqwkd6b2M5w1ppqwkd6bfvkJdCMAqr5h6daj1qYYEMBvFaGgxjTZnc)5hMV8hHl)r4awWIjkzbl(qFalyHbSYkolyXhrhWcw4rLySGfFy(awWcKb1jwWIpQpq6jclXOXvs7jLjXGOvw7cql82lcNjqpmkTV8Q8uaZ(23C1QPDu3u8DdLFMem5OksVyIoe52H5ft0v1rvHft0Hi3omVysTwhwmPwRdlMuR1Hft0v1rvHftcvA9Ij1ADqImjgeTYAxOyzJGzIRnMXggLBvVA10oQBk(UHYptcMCufPxmjyYD8lMOdrUDyEXeDiYTdZlMuR1HftcvA9IjADTJQftQIxhKitI5v5PWmHXxTAAh1nfF3q5Nj1ADyXeTU2rLezsSwnTJ6MIVBOwTcIwzTluSSrWmX1gZydJYTQ9ZKGjhvr6ftcMCh)Ij6qKBhMxmrhIC7W8Ij1ADyXKAToSyIwx7OAXKqLwFGSug0dSnZTQFEGSug0dkQugh4m1GIYpmFaiPgsw2ZCR6da04kPDUr4pFEGRTlLB80Yi4nYfCk2LpWckVUGYdPNpFEqrewc5n8GsQNd0M0rM06kTjtUnhDa0trqyRegHD5NhibAISekrx(azeoTtSdoWwzAxbFGTzj8wvILiCkKds4Oje2rTNdGSaFSmfgBR6pIc64pqcOUeH7ANuyOH25w1hshmqEPhiPpoBROfjBROph4t7RcEsTGYRbkrUSX3PuhshamOtxT0hbtrhiBXw4JGjtMmvFGLO(IkXZpcpF(8ha

Talents

Council

BcGAPjJFohhWlFcNj9E1Av/dNBAAAAAAISapJhkkIpocASJJJRSAAAAAAoAQiAAEJJJSi0SolIAAAAAAQCAA

Dathea, Diurna, Eranog, Raszageth, Trash

BcGAPjJFohhWlFcNj9E1Av/dNBAAAAAAIJplmESSIpkCSJJJRSAAAAAAoAQiAAkkkkIJSJhWiDAAAAAAAJAAA

Kurog, Sennarth, Terros

BcGAPjJFohhWlFcNj9E1Av/dNBAAAAAAQEQEJJJpkSkUSkIJBAAAAAgCAJCAQkkkIJSLhWiAAAAAAAJAAB

Fortified

BcGAPjJFohhWlFcNj9E1Av/dNBAAAAAAISapJhkkIpocASJJJRSAAAAAAoAgkAARSChkIlEaJJAAAAAAQCoBA

Tyrannical

BcGAPjJFohhWlFcNj9E1Av/dNBAAAAAAIJplmESSIpkCSJJJRSAAAAAAoAgkAARSChkItEaJJAAAAAAQCoBA

These builds are for damage over survivability, please keep that in mind.

Raw Edit

{
    ["Variables"] = {
        ["dots"] = {
            [1] = "/castsequence [known:Lunar Inspiration]   reset=target  Rake, Moonfire, null;    reset=target  Rake, null"
        },
        ["prowl"] = {
            [1] = "/cast [nocombat,nostealth] Prowl"
        },
        ["cat"] = {
            [1] = "/cast [noform:2] Cat Form"
        },
        ["apex"] = {
            [1] = "/cast [mod:alt] Ferocious Bite"
        }
    },
    ["Actions"] = {
        [1] = {
            [1] = "~~cat~~",
            [2] = "~~prowl~~",
            [3] = "~~dots~~",
            [4] = "~~apex~~",
            [5] = "/cast [known:Adaptive Swarm,nochanneling] Adaptive Swarm",
            ["Type"] = "Action"
        },
        [2] = {
            [1] = "~~cat~~",
            [2] = "~~prowl~~",
            [3] = "~~dots~~",
            [4] = "~~apex~~",
            [5] = "/cast [exists,harm,nochanneling] Tiger's Fury",
            ["Type"] = "Action"
        },
        [3] = {
            [1] = {
                [1] = "~~cat~~",
                [2] = "~~prowl~~",
                [3] = "~~dots~~",
                [4] = "~~apex~~",
                [5] = "/castsequence [known:Feral Frenzy,nochanneling] Feral Frenzy, Ferocious Bite",
                ["Type"] = "Action"
            },
            ["Type"] = "Loop",
            ["Repeat"] = 2,
            ["StepFunction"] = "Sequential"
        },
        [4] = {
            [1] = {
                [1] = "~~cat~~",
                [2] = "~~prowl~~",
                [3] = "~~dots~~",
                [4] = "~~apex~~",
                [5] = "/castsequence [known:Primal Wrath,mod:shift,nochanneling] Thrash, Brutal Slash, Primal Wrath, Brutal Slash, Shred, Shred, Shred, Primal Wrath, Rake, Shred; [known:Lunar Inspiration,nochanneling] Thrash, Rip, Brutal Slash, Brutal Slash, Shred, Rake, Ferocious Bite, Moonfire; [mod:ctrl,nochanneling] Shred, Ferocious Bite; [nochanneling,noknown:Lunar Inspiration] Thrash, Rip, Brutal Slash, Brutal Slash, Shred, Shred, Ferocious Bite, Rake",
                ["Type"] = "Action"
            },
            ["Type"] = "Loop",
            ["Repeat"] = 4,
            ["StepFunction"] = "Sequential"
        }
    },
    ["InbuiltVariables"] = {
        ["Combat"] = true
    }
}

Usage Information

1. Rake is applied to a new target automatically.
  2. Hold Shift, when engaging more than 2 targets.
  3. Press Alt to Ferocious Bite on Apex Predator’s Craving procs.
  4. Hold Ctrl during Incarnation and Ashamane’s Guidance procs.
  5. Tiger’s Fury is cast on cooldown during combat.

Make sure to use all other cooldowns manually, e.g. Barkskin, Skull Bash, Renewal or Incarnation.

This macro contains 1 macro template. This Sequence was exported from GSE 3.1.29.

2 Likes

Unless you’re using the default UI and AHK, this won’t work. While this “might” work with other addons it probably won’t work with certain ones like ELVUI which just re-wrote all their action bar and unit frame code in the last few weeks.

Sadly for me, this won’t work, while I think its a good attempt, I’m seeing a lot of issues in your code. Like under “dots” you don’t have a spell name there all it shows is 1822. Not sure what spell that is linked to.

I’ll just mention, Kitty Druids are not easy to macro, mine is very strong and will get you on top of most dungeon meters, its still not the best either.

Though one thing, I would hold off on Kitty Druids until 10.0.5 as many talents are being reshuffled, also new talents are coming too to make Primal Wrath stronger, and also a better compressive view of talents that work well in AOE and ST. Your macro might work for today, but I can tell you it won’t work in 2-3 weeks because of the new talents and reshuffling.

SpellID 1822 is Rake. I copied the Raw Edit, while being Guardian. That’s why Brutal Slash is listed as Swipe as well. GSE will fix that anyway after import.

I moved the action bar stuff directly to the macro stub for myself, so it’s not needed in the macro anymore.

I will wait for further Dreamgrove analysis of the changes in 10.0.5 and make the necessary adjustment at the time. I don’t see Primal Wrath replacing Rip in single target though.

Here is their initial take:

Likely…

• a slight ST buff
  • a slight AoE nerf
  • overall better tree pathing

TLDR:

• Rip/Rake nerfed slightly
  • AoE Bites buffed slightly
  • Talent repositioning this is a subtle “stop skipping Survival Instincts you degenerates”
  • Li rebuffed but now a choice node with FF
  • Circle nerf, Veinripper buff
  • some fixes to pathing to make more sense

For anyone interested, here is the math behind the castsequence matrix in my macro:

Even if you have to move in-between, it should even out enough to keep within pandemic range.

Good idea, I have others who I follow that will determine the next bit for Kitty Druid fans. I posted a detailed version of what is expected in 10.0.5, but knowing Blizzard those can be changed again before going live.

I do like the math work you did, the one major drawback for Kitty Druids at the moment is energy and pooling. That is something that needs to be dealt with from a Blizzard point of view first and foremost but right now, I’m struggling with this for Single Target (not AOE), where my Druid just uses up too much energy.

As I have mentioned in the posts, Energy is equal to haste. So I am wondering how your single target rotation fill that void.

Made some additional changes to my feral macro based on my latest logs and tests.

Having good results with the macro, thanks for that. May I ask you what situation are you using the different talent builds? From what I understand, first one is balanced for M+ dungeons all-rounder, second one is full aoe, and third one is single target. Correct?

Hi acurioustale, are you gonna do a raid macro?

The three talent builds are for M+, raid with adds and boss only.

The macro supports all three of them out of the box.

is the patchwork talent for raid?

Both Hectic Add Cleave and Patchwerk are for raid. The former for any boss with adds or multiple targets, e.g. The Primal Council or Broodkeeper Diurna, and the later for pure single target, e.g. Terros.

thank you so much, i just wanted to make sure.

I simplified the macro quite a bit. It sometimes might lead to finishers being used at 3 combo points, but works more reliably overall.

1 Like

388 item lvl getting 28k dps :slight_smile:

Created an account, after lurking for yeaaaars… just to say wow, what a great macro. Really works well and the damage is so close to sims. Well done, not sure if this can be improved upon. Most macros I use, I fiddle with to make it a bit better and test for hours… I dont even want to mess with this one.

1 Like

thanks for this, any change to update the talent link?

moon have u tried this macro siince 10.5 and if so does it still have problem with elvui?

I did try it, I’m actually getting lower numbers now, so I need to re-work it a bit. It works with ELV but you need to go into options each time you log in to the game you have to turn off the Bar Locking system. Options > Search Bar - Type Lock > Where it says Shift change it to NONE. If you uncheck the option, it actually won’t let you click a button.

I adjusted my builds based on the latest Dreamgrove discussions and hope to have an updated Feral macro out soon.

5 Likes

Your Macro really was my favourite pre-patch. Hoping you post something soon, but understand that perfection takes time :stuck_out_tongue: