Frost – 5.1

[quote quote=3984]after changes made in 5.1 i had to rebuild the macro to this once /targetenemy [noharm]
/castsequence reset=2 Ice Barrier,null
/castsequence reset=9 frost bomb, frostbolt, Ice Lance, fire blast, frostbolt, Ice Lance, frostbolt, Ice Lance, frostbolt, Ice Lance, frostbolt, Ice Lance
/castsequence reset=1 frozen orb
/castsequence reset=1 Icy Veins,Mirror Image
/cast Presence of Mind there are some problems though Ice Barrier does not refresh and Mirror Image casts when it feels like it. other than that dps is decent and all works (until now) [/quote]

I also had a few oproblems with this although the DPS was better than I had before, hovering around 15K. This problems were the same as yours, Bab.

I made a couple of changes and Bam!, It initially peaked at just over 30K and then settled back to around 25K. Here is what I ended up with:-

/targetenemy [noharm]
/castsequence reset=2 Ice Barrier,null
/castsequence reset=9 frost bomb, frostbolt, Ice Lance, fire blast, frostbolt, Ice Lance, frostbolt, Ice Lance, frostbolt, Ice Lance, frostbolt, Ice Lance
/castsequence frozen orb
/castsequence Icy Veins
/cast Presence of Mind
/cast Mirror Image

I basically moved mirror image onto a line by itself at the end and removed the 1 second resets. It still does not cast mirror image as far as I know. I will have a further “fiddling session” a little later on today. Let me know what you think.

[quote quote=3990]

baboulas7 wrote: after changes made in 5.1 i had to rebuild the macro to this once /targetenemy [noharm] /castsequence reset=2 Ice Barrier,null /castsequence reset=9 frost bomb, frostbolt, Ice Lance, fire blast, frostbolt, Ice Lance, frostbolt, Ice Lance, frostbolt, Ice Lance, frostbolt, Ice Lance /castsequence reset=1 frozen orb /castsequence reset=1 Icy Veins,Mirror Image /cast Presence of Mind there are some problems though Ice Barrier does not refresh and Mirror Image casts when it feels like it. other than that dps is decent and all works (until now)
I also had a few oproblems with this although the DPS was better than I had before, hovering around 15K. This problems were the same as yours, Bab. I made a couple of changes and Bam!, It initially peaked at just over 30K and then settled back to around 25K. Here is what I ended up with:- /targetenemy [noharm] /castsequence reset=2 Ice Barrier,null /castsequence reset=9 frost bomb, frostbolt, Ice Lance, fire blast, frostbolt, Ice Lance, frostbolt, Ice Lance, frostbolt, Ice Lance, frostbolt, Ice Lance /castsequence frozen orb /castsequence Icy Veins /cast Presence of Mind /cast Mirror Image I basically moved mirror image onto a line by itself at the end and removed the 1 second resets. It still does not cast mirror image as far as I know. I will have a further “fiddling session” a little later on today. Let me know what you think. [/quote]

if i use the macro u have posted most will not work for me.

i say it cause i had a macro in the first page and frozen orb did not cast. that is why i used he cast sequence.

as for the resets i know thy are not needed but prevents the macro from locking up for some reason. still have not figured out why.

to my mage with no purple items did a burst to 32-34 k and settled to 28-29k

as for Mirror Image i did see it cast when i used it like this but no way in the way i wanted it.

basically i found out that more lines less castable spells, but i have not confirmed that.

I’ve been tinkering with the Frost Spec for a little while and I came up with this, it’s not perfect by any means, But I’m getting some good numbers with it. All suggestions are welcome too clean this up a bit without having too take out Frostfire Bolt.

These are all swap macros, Example:
Macro-1 goes into bar-1, button-1
Macro-2 goes into Bar-2, button-1
Macro-3 goes into Bar-3, button-1

Frost Macro 1

/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence reset=10/target Frostbolt,null
/castsequence [combat] reset=15/combat 1,2,3,Frostbolt,Ice Lance
/castsequence [combat] reset=15/combat 1,2,Frostbolt,Ice Lance
/castsequence [combat] reset=15/combat 1,Frostbolt,Ice Lance
/cast [combat] Mirror Image
/cast [combat] Presence of Mind
/cast [combat] Icy Veins
/cast [combat] 14
/startattack
/swapactionbar 2 1
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Frost Macro 2

/castsequence reset=10/combat Frostbolt,null
/castsequence [combat] reset=10 1,!Frost Bomb,!Ice Lance,Frostfire Bolt
/castsequence [combat] reset=0 !Frozen Orb
/startattack
/swapactionbar 3 2

Frost Macro 3

/castsequence [combat] reset=0 Incanter’s Ward
/use [combat] 14
/swapactionbar 1 3

Credit givin too:captivation Li and his Dk’s macros rock, TYVM.

[quote quote=3951]I wasn’t too happy with the above macro so mixing captivation Li‘s advice with swapping hot bars I finalized this set of macros. Everything fires off when it should for a change and this setup is the highest macro dps so far by a good 6k. Add/remove the /use commands to suit. Hot bar 1 any button (shift 1 = default cast bar) /castsequence reset=target Frostbolt,Frost Bomb,Fire Blast,Ice Lance,Frostbolt,Ice Lance
/castsequence Icy Veins,Mirror Image
/use [combat]10
/use [combat]14
/swapactionbar 1 2
/targetenemy [noharm] Hot bar 2 same button number as above (shift 2 = secondary cast bar) #showtooltip
/castsequence Ice Barrier,Incanter’s Ward,Ice Ward,Frozen Orb,Ice Lance,Ice Lance,Ice Lance,Incanter’s Ward,Ice Ward
/swapactionbar 1 2
Things to note – because I have 2 Intelligence procs and if Ice Barrier goes off with one of those procs happening you cannot refresh Ice Barrier until it expires (blizz and their ridiculous mechanic “A more powerful spell is already active”) so with Frozen Orb in the sequence it guarantees the 1 minute wait. Other thing is duplicate the second hotbar the same as your first except for the one macro otherwise you will be trying to hit a FFB proc and it’s not there for example.
[/quote]

used ur macro m8 and seems to work pretty decent

dps was 30-34k with 447 item lvl

with mine that i posted above i started with a burst of 56-60k to settle down at 30-31k

now what is best at this point i cant tell but options are welcome

[quote quote=4249]I’ve been tinkering with the Frost Spec for a little while and I came up with this, it’s not perfect by any means, But I’m getting some good numbers with it. All suggestions are welcome too clean this up a bit without having too take out Frostfire Bolt. These are all swap macros, Example:
Macro-1 goes into bar-1, button-1
Macro-2 goes into Bar-2, button-1
Macro-3 goes into Bar-3, button-1 Frost Macro 1 /targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence reset=10/target Frostbolt,null
/castsequence [combat] reset=15/combat 1,2,3,Frostbolt,Ice Lance
/castsequence [combat] reset=15/combat 1,2,Frostbolt,Ice Lance
/castsequence [combat] reset=15/combat 1,Frostbolt,Ice Lance
/cast [combat] Mirror Image
/cast [combat] Presence of Mind
/cast [combat] Icy Veins
/cast [combat] 14
/startattack
/swapactionbar 2 1
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear() Frost Macro 2 /castsequence reset=10/combat Frostbolt,null
/castsequence [combat] reset=10 1,!Frost Bomb,!Ice Lance,Frostfire Bolt
/castsequence [combat] reset=0 !Frozen Orb
/startattack
/swapactionbar 3 2
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear() Frost Macro 3 /castsequence [combat] reset=0 Incanter’s Ward
/use [combat] 14
/swapactionbar 1 3
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear() Credit givin too:captivation Li and his Dk’s macros rock, TYVM. [/quote]

How are you using the 1st macro? You can only use 255 char. in the macro builder.

Super duper macro - Google it, install and tick “Enable out of date addons”