Frost dk bfa 8.3

So with 8.3 little has changed,
some talent adjustments, essence trait added etc.

the build is an icecap build, but work fine with oblit. and I was getting the same numbers with both.
not that if you take Cold heart you will have to manage your chains of ice manually.

d0JFcaGEPe9sPK2fLO2gI0mLs53qnBQ0Hv6MuQ(fHUTQ6FsrzNkAVIDtv7hYpLcAyiQXrP8jPqnuvudg0WLQ6GsfoUurhJIZPqlubwQuPwSkSCv60OYtL8yKEortuQKPsWKPIMoP3IsRtkvptvCDvPnsf2QuGnlvPTlfvFtfzwuI8zPi9DPqgPucVwQIrRGMgQ6KiIldCnkHZtjTsPiwgc3ffhteY0KYr3nSeg4OJmjIqQwaC7NsQCUUiOe7Y5eb58iOnl)KsyDbEvM6Xqq0mJjvxGE3xxnttk7l9IBa4k5WEzeY0eHmnPePRurqwk(FSkdcAgj90jYzsKsKUsfbzP4)XQmii)jli1wMpPePRurqwk(FSkdcAHH4Kjt(uI0vQiilf)pwLbbjgjLGSTucxoFpaLids1gg3VnUpNMYK6mwQ2x6fhHOPkf03XRNQCyFQc05lWRCRBkHlNVhGAYGuTcSE(cKYiKPjLiDLkcY(XoBFDvgeKF0yJptIuI0vQii7h7SD5qUEvge0Xfl1gz9(BSebD8ETM5tkr6kveK1JP4)XQmii)OXgF0uNVa7l9IJqMMuI0vQsqNVapfGGSu8)yvgeKFKmbzlHG8Jg(NmjsjsxPIGSu8)yvgeKFKmb5mFsjsxPIGSu8)yvgeKF0W)envRaRDdCbReeHmnPe192uGc8GVveK1JhU3pdRtW6KjA0OP64vhIVPAcEOhbTd0wMQ6dOK0vMewysrcf7tLY(6Fxxs8k42CGx5W(miA0eaUsage Information
still solid in 8.3

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.5.3.

Macro Version 1

Step Function: Sequential

Pre Macro: Frost Strike, Obliterate

KeyPress: Howling Blast

Main Sequence: Heart Essence, Empower Rune Weapon, Remorseless Winter, Pillar of Frost

KeyRelease: Contains various utility functions.

I was told that Castsequence no longer worked? did something change?

Yes… I made a post saying castsequences worked, a while ago.

Blizzard just had them disabled because…alpha

Thank you for this look forward to trying it out on BFA.

I wanted to try this out but i can’t seem to get it to import. I keep getting a Lua error. It seems that it imports somewhere but it doesn’t show up in GSE. I say that because if I try to import it again it asks to “ignore, Merge or Replace” and I have tried all 3. Also I have tried it with all addons on and off with same result. Any ideas what’s going on with my GSE?

Message: Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\Storage.lua:153: attempt to index local ‘newSequence’ (a nil value)
Time: Mon Jun 4 09:38:39 2018
Count: 1
Stack: Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\Storage.lua:153: attempt to index local ‘newSequence’ (a nil value)
Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\Storage.lua:153: in function OOCPerformMergeAction' Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\Events.lua:387: in function?’
…\AddOns\WeakAuras\Libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:55: in function <…\AddOns\WeakAuras\Libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:50>

Locals: action = “MERGE”
classid = 6
sequenceName = “FROSTBETA”
newSequence = nil
(*temporary) = <function> defined =[C]:-1
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = “attempt to index local ‘newSequence’ (a nil value)”
GSE = <table> {
ResetButtons = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\Storage.lua:575
GUIShowDebugWindow = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\GSE_GUI\DebugWindow.lua:17
GetClassIcon = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\CharacterFunctions.lua:41
StartOOCTimer = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\Events.lua:354
ReportTargetProtection = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\Options.lua:718
CloneSequence = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\Storage.lua:14
SplitCastSequence = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\StringFunctions.lua:79
ObjectExists = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\StringFunctions.lua:229
GetCurrentTalents = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\CharacterFunctions.lua:86
UnregisterComm = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Bagnon\external\Wildpants\libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:179
StopOOCTimer = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\Events.lua:359
OutputQueue = <table> {
}
MediaPath = “Interface\Addons\GSE\Media”
inArena = false
PerformOneOffEvents = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\OneOffEvents.lua:6
GUIRecordFrame = <table> {
}
DebugDumpButton = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\Storage.lua:702
GetSpecNames = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\CharacterFunctions.lua:72
GUIConfirmDeleteSequence = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\GSE_GUI\GUIFunctions.lua:17
CurrentGCD = 0
GSSlash = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\Events.lua:280
inDungeon = false
UsedSequences = <table> {
}
ScheduleTimer = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\Libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:94
ImportCompressedMacroCollection = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\Storage.lua:194
UnsavedOptions = <table> {
}
UpdateIcon = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\Storage.lua:1062
ADDON_LOADED = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\Events.lua:113
RegisterMessage = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Bagnon\external\Wildpants\libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:116
UnregisterMessage = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Bagnon\external\Wildpants\libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:179
TranslateSpell = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\Translator.lua:163
pairsByKeys = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\StringFunctions.lua:156
SendCommMessage = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\WeakAuras\Libs\AceComm-3.0\AceComm-3.0.lua:87
OOCTimer = <table> {
}
UnEscapeSequence = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\StringFunctions.lua:6
UpdateSequence = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\Storage.lua:587
UnregisterAllComm = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Bagnon\external\Wildpants\libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:200
SetEnabledState = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Bagnon\external\Wildpants\libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:455
GUIDebugFrame = <table> {
}
isSpecIDForCurrentClass = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\CharacterFunctions.lua:60
ZONE_CHANGED_NEW_AREA = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\Events.lua:5

Make sure you have the Latest Beta GSE… that may be one of your issues…also on that note… the new FDK Tweaks are up today… which should make playing Frost a bit more enjoyable…I should have a new macro up this weekend once I test a few things… even though cast sequences are working… I seem to have better DpS using just casts… this may change with the Beta Update…Thanks John for screwing around with my macros and your input on Discord…

speaking of new tweaks :stuck_out_tongue:

dKtbcaWsb0BvrBdIMjkLzJu3ec)cu3gf7uI9sTBjTFr(jkHHPu(nQgissdvPQblQHRu5GcXHvCmPCoPQfkvYsfilwGA5G8yOEkPLPKNJyIcQMQQmzKy6exejvxtiDzGRRsTrbPTkvQnlOSDbXhrszAq6ZOKADOuDxvYXrjA0sfFtv1jvbptv50c15vHgNa8AKeFcLKDZpxAwdniwOVUO(lIll)S(gAqviwBR267BznCqyZnT4sZQUdGpeUlROnRigmeVBaejMxj(5sZpxAwHXdrs5tmNj4rUs512)kksxwwHXdrs5tmNj4rUs5wpY))nx(ScJhIKYO9BRnxqTcJhIKYO9n0pxIAfgpejLr)JImaxqAfgpejLPg9GJh6uocLqMkgyLnoFhBXmXIvKw3ZjcIbdX9ZIvva7c9UILyE1Qcy5nOkXdT1abh3dbie)CPzfgpejLpz4uyFOLRugTVfaQllRW4HiP8jdNc7KoXHjxP86V)BBzX6EiaIbdX9ZLMvy8qKugTFBT5YYkmEiskJ23q)SynqWXGa0GHa8ZLMvyzGynqavaZXu(SY7mqmxNuadLllwSynYT0HdzfbGPYPcaIq1imtLvVo30wpG5vRwrm17H(qvaqHaQsmV6USyXga

was very happy with the fluidity of this now. i did have Frostwyrms fury on cd but moved it to a mod so you can save it for bosses and not pull extra trash, leave that for huntards
not im still going though optimal talens but now i gotta get my copied main to 120

I can import the macro fine, but it doesn’t work at all. Any help would be great. I see this when I look at it in game:

/cast [combat] 207256
/cast [combat] 196770
/cast 49020
/cast 49143
/cast 47568
/cast Glacial Advance

Update: I googled which spell those numbers correspond too and edited the macro in game. Working great now.

Are you using the latest beta of GSE? Should be beta 11.

Importing from 2.3.0.0 beta 11 into 2.2.08 can work BUT it’s not recommended. It does use SpellID but a lot of them will be red as not recognised.

I don’t recommend using 2.2.08 (live GS) with any import of 2.3.0.0 (Beta 11) GS

Any chance of an updated macro with the newest changes?

It was only a talen shift and change obliteration to pillers of frost in the macro.
but for those too lazy
dGdgcaGEQO6LujElq2MsPzsL0SLWnrWVqYTLODkL9k2TK2pKFsfPHPu9BIgQsyWqnCQQoOsYXi5CsvluPyPufwmvPwUkDyfpLYYa8CctKkvtfutgrnDuxKkIhtQNPIUoISrLOTsfQntv02PcCCQqghvjFwQ0PbzKurzAi1OrO7QcNKQY3aQRjvCELuRKkOlRQ1rLYrf40uXw6Htn4nobEvAaboMZ(c)X8vHyOPaHlh9vIWSeH7(mcZeHQDfiSGNl)KryOkcVz5QyWtXxzrmfGsDEceZ93ZHubNMk2ksmr5nMdLeRimHNDEmZ)R95EAaDuXim6R0X)vajRIaNMkWPPIrPhbJWG0YsVh(aH7OaaRsdigLEemcdsll9E4dew1Vfm490oJrPhbJW097a7PrhJspcgHP7v0NP1jgLEemctdUZwVI5Qu63vOsio22ylKcMWOVYahoMXV)LKQAgswJzVJi9vgAkI5YV2JV4hXh40uXO45295V(LRryqvjX5wEaI8pKpchBX9jm6RmWPPIrPhbJW097a7PbeJspcgHP7v0NHJ5YVEX9fIaNMkgLEemcdQus2TPGpqy6ELx0PbeJspcgHbvkj7MGiKN8bcdaU)ChiC4WX8PL1yXimvstHVk)xh8vgswZMWHtaUsage Information
Initial macro to get things started in BFA

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.3.00.

Macro Version 1

Step Function: Sequential

Pre Macro: Frost Strike, Obliterate

KeyPress: Frostwyrm’s Fury, Howling Blast

Main Sequence: Empower Rune Weapon, Obliterate, Pillar of Frost, Remorseless Winter, Frost Strike

KeyRelease: Contains various utility functions.

OP macro updated for beta 12 build of GSE. which is also fine for PTR
IF you are getting spell ids and macro not working, then you have updated GSE incorrectly not my macro problem

This does not work on the PTR as of 07/04/18

Incorrect its working fine tested it myself

Hey mate loved your 7.3.5 dk macro please keep going on BFA <3

It works well. Thank you

[quote quote=60307]

Incorrect its working fine tested it myself[/quote]

Hey john is there any chance to make the macro use howling blast like the 7.3.5 macro did

Also macro is working great but for some reason the Shift modifier isnt working for me but the alt one for howling blast does

[quote quote=60879]

Incorrect its working fine tested it myself
Hey john is there any chance to make the macro use howling blast like the 7.3.5 macro did Also macro is working great but for some reason the Shift modifier isnt working for me but the alt one for howling blast does[/quote]

so you want HB in the rotation?

if shift is not working meant you need to unbind it from bliz defaults