Frost dk bfa 8.3

[quote quote=60879]

This does not work on the PTR as of 07/04/18

Incorrect its working fine tested it myself
Hey john is there any chance to make the macro use howling blast like the 7.3.5 macro did Also macro is working great but for some reason the Shift modifier isnt working for me but the alt one for howling blast does[/quote]

so you want HB in the rotation?

if shift is not working meant you need to unbind it from bliz defaults

[quote quote=61103]

This does not work on the PTR as of 07/04/18

Incorrect its working fine tested it myself
Hey john is there any chance to make the macro use howling blast like the 7.3.5 macro did Also macro is working great but for some reason the Shift modifier isnt working for me but the alt one for howling blast does
so you want HB in the rotation? if shift is not working meant you need to unbind it from bliz defaults[/quote]

Yeah dude like your 7.3.5 one it was a nice rotation tbh really liked it!

working really well.

found i get better numbers with these talents 2,2,x,2,1,1,2

not bursting has high as some of the cold heart builds, but sustained dmg has been better for me than the ch stuff. also only thing to really watch is HB.

did an h-en and lfr ant run just to mess around, @223 ilvl i’m around 3.5-4.5k depending on the fight.

My dps should be around 3k atm but doing dps in the class hall on the Duneoneer dummy im only able to do 2k flat dps using 12111,1/3,2 using Gathering storm and frostwyrm fury since i have the ring

Idk why the dps is so low

[quote quote=61191]working really well.
not bursting has high as some of the cold heart builds, but sustained dmg has been better for me than the ch stuff. also only thing to really watch is HB.
did an h-en and lfr ant run just to mess around, @223 ilvl i’m around 3.5-4.5k depending on the fight.[/quote]

yeah, most of the passives can be swapped around which is fine as I can’t accommodate for every frost DK setup :stuck_out_tongue:
and what I put in is what performed best for my character. I mean people shit on Inex assault due to lack of uptime. but even in the vid, you can see its up almost all the time at 1 charge. Cold heart is just a gimmick for now, as you can stack it with the leggo chest version. Come BFA past 115 it won’t be that good.

the other thing here is I developed this macro on a 120 frost DK with AzErite traits which none of you have yet that also affect performance.

I have a trait called Icy citadel: when PoF expire its increases my Str by 275 for 6 seconds. duration is increased by 2 seconds for each oblit/frostscythe crit during PoF.

now that makes Icecap look more tempting, but imagine it during Obliteration window with all those Killing machine procs granting auto crits to Obliterate.

or echoing howl: when HB is empowered by Rime (so the only time you use HB really) each HB causes a secondary burst of frost damage to nearby enemys, combine that with avalaunche talent i have enough passive cleave damage i dont feel the need to employ frozen pulse or frostscythe.

I also have one called Killer Frost that enables my frost strikes to be able to grant killing machine also.
which combos nicely with the first trait above.

so as you can see there is method to my madness
and people should not be focused at what numbers they are doin in prepatch and wait untill 120 when it really matters.

[quote quote=61191]working really well.
did an h-en and lfr ant run just to mess around, @223 ilvl i’m around 3.5-4.5k depending on the fight.[/quote]

yeah, most of the passives can be swapped around which is fine as I can’t accommodate for every frost DK setup :stuck_out_tongue:
and what I put in is what performed best for my character. I mean people shit on Inex assault due to lack of uptime. but even in the vid, you can see its up almost all the time at 1 charge. Cold heart is just a gimmick for now, as you can stack it with the leggo chest version. Come BFA past 115 it won’t be that good.

the other thing here is I developed this macro on a 120 frost DK with AzErite traits which none of you have yet that also affect performance.

I have a trait called Icy citadel: when PoF expire its increases my Str by 275 for 6 seconds. duration is increased by 2 seconds for each oblit/frostscythe crit during PoF.

now that makes Icecap look more tempting, but imagine it during Obliteration window with all those Killing machine procs granting auto crits to Obliterate.

or Echoing howl: when HB is empowered by Rime (so the only time you use HB really) each HB causes a secondary burst of frost damage to nearby enemys, combine that with avalaunche talent i have enough passive cleave damage i dont feel the need to employ frozen pulse or frostscythe.

I also have one called Killer Frost that enables my frost strikes to be able to grant killing machine also.
which combos nicely with the first trait above.

so as you can see there is method to my madness
and people should not be focused at what numbers they are doin in prepatch and wait untill 120 when it really matters.

[quote quote=61438]

working really well. found i get better numbers with these talents 2,2,x,2,1,1,2 not bursting has high as some of the cold heart builds, but sustained dmg has been better for me than the ch stuff. also only thing to really watch is HB. did an h-en and lfr ant run just to mess around, @223 ilvl i’m around 3.5-4.5k depending on the fight.

yeah, most of the passives can be swapped around which is fine as I can’t accommodate for every frost DK setup ???? and what I put in is what performed best for my character. I mean people shit on Inex assault due to lack of uptime. but even in the vid, you can see its up almost all the time at 1 charge. Cold heart is just a gimmick for now, as you can stack it with the leggo chest version. Come BFA past 115 it won’t be that good. the other thing here is I developed this macro on a 120 frost DK with AzErite traits which none of you have yet that also affect performance. I have a trait called Icy citadel: when PoF expire its increases my Str by 275 for 6 seconds. duration is increased by 2 seconds for each oblit/frostscythe crit during PoF. now that makes Icecap look more tempting, but imagine it during Obliteration window with all those Killing machine procs granting auto crits to Obliterate. or Echoing howl: when HB is empowered by Rime (so the only time you use HB really) each HB causes a secondary burst of frost damage to nearby enemys, combine that with avalaunche talent i have enough passive cleave damage i dont feel the need to employ frozen pulse or frostscythe. I also have one called Killer Frost that enables my frost strikes to be able to grant killing machine also. which combos nicely with the first trait above. so as you can see there is method to my madness and people should not be focused at what numbers they are doin in prepatch and wait untill 120 when it really matters.[/quote]

Knowing this is alot better didnt know it was made for 120 with traits thanks for the update ill be sure to configure it the same way you do at 120 :slight_smile:

how about ahk ?

i dont use it but i fire it around 50ms

Fear Factory I approve!

Small update, after having time to gear and level (still have shitty Weapons though. and gear with Azerite traits for frost) i have discovered it needs a bit of tuning, i just need time to do so.

the main issue is RP abundance, i need to weave in more frost strikes to burn excess RP so far having issues doing so without compromising the overall performance. I have also switched to Frostscythe too due to dungeon focus more on trash packs which limits its performance on ST.

a workaround I’m using at the moment is having FS on a separate button in addition and firing it alongside, doing so has me topping dps in most situations often only beaten by a BM hunter :frowning: this includes going up against BoS frost Dks. who are just more bursty but in long fights I average out higher.

if I can reproduce my results on a dummy great, i should be able to get something here soon as finding time to play outside of blood is a challenge lately
but you are not forgotten :slight_smile:

Awesome thanks. I’ll keep checking back.

Hei John, is possible to have an updated version of ur macro, just to see and test around?

Soon TM, trying to get weekly life back in an organised structure where I can get it out there, I got grumbled at by guild for doing a M0 in frost a couple of days ago testing when I should have been tanking :frowning:

Possible to make BOS build with AEO for trash ?

i could once i finished tuning my current version

Sweet john :slight_smile:
Frost is strong when it comes to singletarget, but clearing trash its rubbish :slight_smile:

Any updates on this?

Thank you John, this macro has made me enjoy my DK a lot more. Hopefully you will have time to tweak it and update it soon, I ran Uldir last night using this macro
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/CfrdL3mcRMGH8ZW4#fight=1&type=damage-done&source=8
if that info helps anyone

how would you go about making a death grip/ chains of ice macro? im new to all of this and im unsure if it can even be done