Frost Mage Swap Bar Macro (with video)...

Simply copy each macro into Macro Toolkit, and then place each macro on the proper bar / button slot. As for having to use the Bartender4 addon; technically, you don’t have to - it is just a preference of mine. The following video demonstrates how swap bar macros work with the default Blizzard interface, if that’s how you decide to go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu_McAKz2vE

[quote quote=23615]

<div class=“d4p-bbt-quote-title”>clem wrote:</div>hi!! i kinda new to macros… so in this macro… you have to download bartender addon and do separate macros for each one respectively named b5b1b… etc etc?

Simply copy each macro into Macro Toolkit, and then place each macro on the proper bar / button slot. As for having to use the Bartender4 addon; technically, you don’t have to – it is just a preference of mine. The following video demonstrates how swap bar macros work with the default Blizzard interface, if that’s how you decide to go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu_McAKz2vE [/quote]

nice! runs nicely… have some questions theough… when mirror image/icyveins pops out coz of weak aura… do you have to manually click on them to activate? secondly… i assume it goes same with frostfire bolt and ice nova… have to manually click when weak aura pops out the message? and lastly… how do you activate teh curst mode? (i would add a print screen pic but i dont know how)

[/URL]

hopefully i did it right (got help from a friend)

thanks sethadon… been studying the macro… now i understand how it works… just to check on the parts when it says “spell not ready”. i know now that you choose one of the button b5 button for burst mode… not press both. again… thanks

where do i add lines in your macro if ever i need to use my trinket in order to activate it’s ability?

It seems like you figured everything out. Good stuff! :slight_smile:

If you need to add lines for trinkets, you can do so by placing them UNDER the /castsequence AND /cast lines, but ABOVE the /swapactionbar line.

i.e.)

/use [add conditionals here] 13 --Trinket 1
/use [add conditionals here] 14 --Trinket 2

To cast them automatically off of cooldown, place the trinket code within macros 2 thru 4; otherwise, to use them during your burst phase, add them to macro 5.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[quote quote=23620]

where do i add lines in your macro if ever i need to use my trinket in order to activate it’s ability?

It seems like you figured everything out. Good stuff! If you need to add lines for trinkets, you can do so by placing them UNDER the /castsequence AND /cast lines, but ABOVE the /swapactionbar line. i.e.) /use [add conditionals here] 13 –Trinket 1 /use [add conditionals here] 14 –Trinket 2 To cast them automatically off of cooldown, place the trinket code within macros 2 thru 4; otherwise, to use them during your burst phase, add them to macro 5. Good luck!
[/quote]

got it!! thanks a bunch… after using if for few days… m still getting “spell not ready” or m i just clicking the button too fast?

hm… logically speaking… shouldn’t you use the trinkets before casting? therefore, aren’t they suppose to be before the /castsequesnt or /cast lines?

If a spell is on cooldown and you try to cast it, you will get the error you have mentioned. It happens quite frequently with macros. It’s normal. :slight_smile:

To hide these errors, you can add the following line UNDER the #showtooltip line:

/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()

To ensure your errors are not hidden permanently (i.e. when you’re out of combat), you can add the following TWO lines ABOVE the /swapactionbar line:

/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/script UIErrorsFrame:Show()

Cheers! :slight_smile:

Logically speaking, yes - to benefit from the stat(s) a trinket gives you, you should cast it before the spell(s) you want to benefit from it. However, placing /cast or /use lines above the /castsequence line may cause your sequence to stop working completely. :frowning:

[quote quote=23774]

hm… logically speaking… shouldn’t you use the trinkets before casting? therefore, aren’t they suppose to be before the /castsequesnt or /cast lines?

Logically speaking, yes – to benefit from the stat(s) a trinket gives you, you should cast it before the spell(s) you want to benefit from it. However, placing /cast or /use lines above the /castsequence line may cause your sequence to stop working completely.
[/quote] so i guess he most logical thing would be to make a macro let's say called "buff" and click on that macro (which includes the trinkets) before the start of combat or during lust phase.

Hey I absolutely love you guide I am just confused I keep getting an error when trying to copy and paste the WeakAuras string in. The error I get is “Error deserializing”. Not sure what to do from here, I am new to WoW and would like to try and get this setup working to make PvP not so horrible haha.

I actually fixed this by quoting your string and copying the actual code from there and importing it into WeakAuras! Not sure if other people are having that issue of the copy and paste error though.

I do have one question though, I seem to have everything working but my DPS is not checking out, the CTRL key doesn’t seem to be doing anything even though I have checked my key bindings in the ESC menu and it doesnt seem to be tied to anything other than a few commands that are “CTRL-Page UP” and such.

When I open up my recount damage pie chart Ice Lance is not even listed as a landed attack. I have no idea why this would be happening.

Okay so,

I have left my flood of posts just in case anyone has had the same problems.

The CTRL key cannot have ANY key binding references in the key bindings ESC menu.

I finally got Ice Lance to fire and everything working correctly I believe, I will have to watch your YouTube video a few more times for the rotations and timings correctly. Your video and guide gave me the confidence to actually power through and learn PvP, thank you SO much.

The only clarification that would be beneficial for me at this point would be, when exactly should the integration of CTRL be used, is it hold CTRL and rapid spam 1, or press CTRL+1 at the same time? Can this Ice Lance CTRL move only be used conditionally or should it be something I should be able to use all the time? Your Ice Lance is one of your most proc’d moves and mine hits 3 times after a 5 minute parse on a dummy, so confused as to why that is happening.

Really apologize for all the questions but I feel documenting all the questions and whatnot can only help future users of this guide.

-EDIT-

If there is ANY possibility you could either tell me exactly how I might substitute CTRL for F and ALT for G keys (CTRL=F, ALT=G) that would be AMAZING or show me the macros themselves to plug in, I am using the num keys above qwerty and the reach from them to CTRL and ALT is proving to be quite troublesome.

-EDIT 2-

It seems as though sometimes when deactivating all links to the CTRL command in the ESC menu’s key binding menu the game automatically relinks them and fills out the settings back to the default settings, not sure what is causing this but it disables the integration of Ice Lance.

hi joel… cant recall about the weak aura… but m pretty sure i just copy and pasted it. yeah… the your tube video he posted really helps a lot.

only think i was wondering… do you normally just hit/click the “1” button like there’s no tomorrow? or do you normally click it when u know the spell is about finished to be cast?

rapid spam 1