Gnome Sequencer,i finally conquered the myth.

To all the guys that were like me and knocking their heads together about not being able to get GS to work for them,This is what i did after weeks.
When you rename the ExampleSequencer file DO NOT-REPEAT DO NOT rename it to sequences.lua, only Sequences there is no need for the .lua as it is already a lua file,renaming it to Sequences.lua will make it into Sequences.lua.lua.Secondly i left all the examples and instructions in and pasted the macros 2 lines beneath,logged in made the simple small macro and holy shit it worked.
So good luck to you if like me it is (was) driving you crazy.

Thank you so much!! I’ve tried to figure out Gnome Sequencer a hundred times. I followed your instructions and it works perfectly!! :smiley:

Hi everyone I thought I would put something on here since it wasn’t common knowledge on the tutorials I read, and watched videos on youtube about gnome sequencer. Like many of you I have used toolkit extender for my macros. When 6.02 came out blizz changed how script macro’s worked. So like many of you I downloaded GS put it in my addon folder resaved Examplesequnces to sequence. Researched for the best sequences for my classes and saved them in my file.

However, in game just like instructions I created a new macro named it what my header was in the Sequence. My was SubST= subtlety single target and hit saved. The #showtooltip dint show up or /cast SubST.

So thinking maybe gnomeSequencer. didn’t install properly. I Uninstalled it and did the same steps about 4 times. Thought maybe it was a code issue so I made a macro Examplesequnce (that’s the default test in GS) and still no #showtooltip didn’t show up in the macro pane.

After having a moment of clarity I disabled macro toolkit and any other macro extender you might have.

They don’t work with gnome sequencer. Now it worked for me. Now if the macro doesn’t work for me its a code issue. If you are like me I research and find the codes I want and copy and paste them. So if the macro doesn’t work now for me its a code issue, and I move on to another one that works. I do tweak them to fit my liking as well.

I hope this helps save you time. And for all the trolls that will scream that this is common knowledge. Well It wasn’t clear to me. I thought this might help others ease the pain of learning the new way of macro’s.

PVP’s good luck with all your face rolls, and OP status. Watch out for those RET pallies right now they are tough.

Yes they do. Specifically, I know for a fact that Macro toolkit works just fine with GS installed. Also, please keep your posts in topic.

I’ve seen this hundreds of times from the comments on WoWInterface for GnomeSequencer to these forums. You do not,

I repeat do not
need to keep the whole file. You can have a sequence.lua file as simple as this

local _, Sequences = ... -- Don't touch this

Sequences['Hi'] = {
[[
/wave
]],
}

anything preceded by a – tells the system (any system using LUA) that the rest of the line is not to be read as code (example – Don’t touch this ) {{which should really read – Don’t touch this Line }}

Also do not copy any GS macro’s from this site (or any sight) where the macro is not in some type of code block (see above). If you do make sure to go in and replace all of the fancy quotes with a plane quote or the macro will not work.

Next any spell that has a ’ in it, like Avenger’s Shield, the ’ needs to be proceeded with a \ (example Avenger’s Shield), yes you can use " to surround the macro line but using a \ is cleaner and easy to spot when you are checking your Sequence file.

As for renaming the GnomeSequences file, as stated don’t add the .LUA to the end of your file. To verify that you have it named correctly right click on the windows desktop, go down to where it says ‘New’ and create a text file, if the file name comes back as ‘New Text Document’ and Sequence has a .LUA on it, then you have one to many .LUA’s on the file name.

Although the author of GS state’s to rename the file, a better option is to make a copy of GnomeSequence.LUA and rename the copy to Sequences.LUA that way you have a clean file for reference purposes especially if you clear out the examples.

Special Note 1:
although windows note pad is great for editing your sequence file, you would be better off getting a program for working with LUA files, NotePad++ is a good application.

Special Note 2:
when posting your sequence.lua files to this websight (or any for that matter) asking for help or just to share your macro, make sure to enclose your code with code tags

Special Note 3:
although its not been stated you can make changes to your macro’s in sequence.lua while WoW is up and running, as long as your do a /reload once you have saved your changes