Gnome Sequencer

[quote quote=18071]I have read all the documentation and still have questions.The idea is great but the execution is not there because of the following you would actually lose dps and key skills.

this goes through a rotation of casts 123 123 etc if 2 is on cd it will go to 3…but my problem is if i want it to go 123 and when 2 is of cd hit it again there is no way to prioritize the code to make it do that

also how do you save sequences for specific characters? and also you need to exit the entire game everytime you want to change a macro and scroll through the file for the macro you want to change

its a fantastic idea dont get me wrong and many “older” macros were better and if this addon evolves it can do great things

jmo not bashing in any way, kudos to op for finding this
[/quote]

Hi Baal73,

I’m not the author of the addon but I thought I would answer some of your questions to the best of my ability. First, if you want to run a different sequence you can do so by placing the following in your sequence file:

StepFunction = [[
        limit = limit or 1
        if step == limit then
            limit = limit % #macros + 1
            step = 1
        else
            step = step % #macros + 1
        end
    ]],

This will run a rotation of 1 12 123 1234 etc. until it reaches the end and starts over. The author does recommend to become more familiar with the addon before adding the above code.

Second, you can edit the Sequence file while the game is running, however, after you make your change you must save the file, close it and finally run /reload in the game.

Third, you put all of your macros in the same Sequence file just name them different names. That’s why you’re seeing a lot of macros named MarksAoE and FuryST.

Additionally, the names of the sequences cannot contain spaces. So, for instance, you do not want to make a sequence named “Marks AoE” but rather “MarksAoE”.

Hope this helps.

this does not work for me at all i have done what everyone said 12 times and nothing
i give up

(ASSASSIN)
i just made this, works ok haven’t tested to see if tricks goes off yet
the premacro bit means you can instantly cast rupture or envenom no mater where you are in the sequence. slice and dice takes a little time to go off( about 4-5 presses) and keeps trying to cast, not to sure how to fix that yet but if i have just /cast reset=target slice and dice it doesn’t work at all

EDIT: ok after some more reading and testing, i now think i understand why slice and dice keeps casting, each line in the sequence is treated as a separate macro and i >>think<< once the reset/target part gets cast and than comes around again the game treats it as a different macro than the first one and casts it again. if anyone knows away to fix that please mod my macro and post it.

Sequences[‘assassin’] = {
PreMacro = [[
/cast [mod:ctrl] Envenom;[mod:alt] Rupture
]],
‘/cast [nostealth,nocombat]Stealth’,
‘/castsequence reset=target Slice and Dice’,
‘/cast [nomod, combat, @targettarget, help] Tricks of the Trade’,
‘/cast Dispatch’,
‘/cast Mutilate’,
‘/cast Vendetta’,
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

I’m having a problem and hoping someone can explain,I have changed the name of lua,copy and pasted macro for frost dk,and every line says not a macro command

Anyone have an idea how to reliably cast two spells/shots in sequence?

I use the hunter talent steady focus which requires two consecutive steady shots to trigger it. Unfortunately, placing them in sequence with this addon tends to only have them trigger about half the time. My guess is latency related or GCD but I am wondering if there is a reliable way or a step sequences that could trigger say 1,1,2,3,4,etc?

This is the sequence I have made and aside from the two shot issue, it works great.

Sequences["MMDPS"] = {
	PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/petattack
	]],
	'/cast chimaera shot',	
	'/cast steady shot',
	'/cast steady shot',
	'/cast aimed shot',	
	'/cast a murder of crows',
	'/cast powershot',
	'/cast kill shot',
	PostMacro = [[
/cast [combat] Rapid Fire
	]],
}

any one working on a bm hunter sequence would love to see one

I hope ya’ll don’t mind if I give a bit more of an explanation of what this is actually doing. I love this addon and I loved using priority macros before they were broken. I’ve lurked on this site for years. I use tons of this kind of macros on various chars. There seems to be a distinct problem here though with people not understanding what these macros DO.

These kinds of macros SPAM a set of abilities as fast as possible. That means that you want something to come off of cooldown and immediately be cast. This works very well for certain classes and NOT AT ALL FOR OTHERS. This is not a castsequence macro. Those can still be made through the traditional interface and involve a set sequence of abilities that will then reset based upon a time factor or an environment change of your choice. Ideally, Gnome Sequencer is used for classes with rapid fire abilities with short cooldowns that cannot be simply solo spammed. By that I mean for instance that you cannot spam Mortal Strike because it has a short cooldown, but you do want it to cast again every single time when it comes off cooldown. You put all your abilities like that into the macro and it fires them all off as they come off cooldown. There is no cost or minimal cost to each one and they go off like a champ. I personally do not put a ton of abilities beyond these into the macros, because I do a lot of pvp and I want the freedom to make choices like my bigger cooldowns.

Classes that work very well to put some of their abilities into macros like these are:
Hunters
Warriors
Paladins - Ret and Prot
Death Knights
Guardian Bears
Enhancement Shaman

Classes that do not work at all are:
Any Casters
Anything that uses Energy Mechanics

The reason this does not work for casters is that you cannot automate things with cast times without ending up getting into radical trouble. You try to cast frostbolt, immediately try to start another one, try to spam a frost bomb over that and it’s like throwing dice to see which one will get through. The point of this macro is to spam smaller instant things…not make larger cast choices.

The reason that this does not work for classes like feral, rogue, and monk with energy mechanics is that you have abilities that can be spammed back to back, ie multiple sinister strikes, and there is no in game mechanic that the macro can check to then so ok, go ahead and cast an eviscerate. With the old priority macros you could “tilt” the macro a bit but then you’d end up either doing sinister strikes forever or doing an eviscerate as soon as you had one combo point. Classes with energy mechanics revolve around making radical choices with spending the energy, pooling the energy, and deciding if you’re going to put it into a buff, a stun, a direct dmg, a dot, or whatever. It is FAR too complicated. The abilities themselves do not lend themselves to this working. Even for instance with a WW monk you can put rising sun kick and blackout kick in the macro. Both have the same cost, but rising sun is radically more important. You can put rising sun ahead of blackout kick in the lineup but even that will not guarantee that your rising sun kick will regularly use that chi instead of it being spent on blackout kick. Don’t even ask about only using tiger palm to keep up the debuff… If you do decide that you want to really automate one of the energy classes, then use a cast sequence macro in game instead of Gnome Sequencer. It just doesn’t do that task. I will warn you that class mechanics like a feral’s critting giving you another combo point, and a rogue’s getting extra combo points from class members’ crits will ALWAYS make your automated cast sequences lose dps over simply paying attention. I’ve seen quite a few attempts to highly automate energy classes even under the old priority system that at best did 75% of halfway paying attention. Don’t bother. Just learn your class.

For those of us playing the classes that GS does help with, rejoice! It will take away a decent amount of the headaches involved with figuring these out. Just don’t try to make it do more than it can. I hope that all makes sense.

Jesse

Why do i get that Gnomesequencer fails to load all the time… ive opened sequences.lua in Notepad and saved it then started game and made blank macro with same name… but wont work…then i see that it fails to load cause i have no macro it says…anyone know how to fix?

Hi all
I have 3 files in my addons interface GnomesequencerM folder
Core
GnomeSequencerM
Sequences

Below is what i have done in my Sequences file, but when i go in game and do /m to get macro screen up click new type HUNTER_DPS then click save nothing happens i know i should be getting some text on the link i am making so what is wrong please

local _, Sequences = … – Don’t touch this

– Rename this file to Sequences.lua before you get started, it uses a different file name so as not to overwrite your existing file with a future update.
– Every entry in the Sequences table defines a single sequence of macros which behave similarly to /castsequence.
– Sequence names must be unique and contain no more than 16 characters.
– To use a macro sequence, create a blank macro in-game with the same name you picked for the sequence here and it will overwrite it.

– Here’s a large demonstration sequence documenting the format:
Sequences[“HUNTER_DPS”] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
‘/cast A Murder of Crows’,
‘/cast Chimaera Shot’,
‘/cast Kill Shot’,
‘/cast Glaive Toss’,
‘/cast Aimed Shot’,
‘/cast Steady Shot’,
‘/cast Rapid Fire’,
‘/use crystal of Insanity’,
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

[quote quote=18137]Anyone have an idea how to reliably cast two spells/shots in sequence?

I use the hunter talent steady focus which requires two consecutive steady shots to trigger it. Unfortunately, placing them in sequence with this addon tends to only have them trigger about half the time. My guess is latency related or GCD but I am wondering if there is a reliable way or a step sequences that could trigger say 1,1,2,3,4,etc?

This is the sequence I have made and aside from the two shot issue, it works great.

Sequences["MMDPS"] = {
	PreMacro = [[
/petattack
	]],
	'/cast chimaera shot',	
	'/cast steady shot',
	'/cast steady shot',
	'/cast aimed shot',	
	'/cast a murder of crows',
	'/cast powershot',
	'/cast kill shot',
	PostMacro = [[
/cast [combat] Rapid Fire
	]],
}

[/quote]

If you’re going to use this addon, I strongly suggest choosing another talent.

Also, your priority list seems bad (no offense). You really need to put Steady Shot at the end of the macro as it’s the last thing you want to cast.

This order seems to be a little better?

A Murder Of Crows
kill shot
Chimaera shot
Aimed shot
Powershot (I’ve never used Powershot so putting it here is a guess)
Steady shot

Just one note about hunters, but at the very least you need to take steady/cobra shot off the macro. Change it so you have a use focus macro (this one) and a simple build focus steady shot key. It’s phenomenally easier and allows you to burst while taking account of procs.

Any way to have this reset, like for targets or timed?
Kinda odd to have it stopped in the middle of a sequence after so many seconds and going for your next target and not use the first item on the list.

still cant get this thing to work… i renamed the file have it in the interface folder but still cant get it to work in game. i have a macro named Ret and pull it on my bar it dose nothing…. this is what i have in the file at the moment.

local _, Sequences = … — Don’t touch this

—-
— Rename this file to Sequences.lua before you get started, it uses a different file name so as not to overwrite your existing file with a future update.
— Every entry in the Sequences table defines a single sequence of macros which behave similarly to /castsequence.
— Sequence names must be unique and contain no more than 16 characters.
— To use a macro sequence, create a blank macro in-game with the same name you picked for the sequence here and it will overwrite it.
—-

—-
— Here’s a large demonstration sequence documenting the format:
Sequences[“GnomeExample1”] = {
— StepFunction optionally defines how the step is incremented when pressing the button.
— This example increments the step in the following order: 1 12 123 1234 etc. until it reaches the end and starts over
— DO NOT DEFINE A STEP FUNCTION UNLESS YOU THINK YOU KNOW WHAT YOU’RE DOING
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
limit = limit % #macros + 1
step = 1
else
step = step % #macros + 1
end
]],

— PreMacro is optional macro text that you want executed before every single button press.
— This is if you want to add something like /startattack or /stopcasting before all of the macros in the sequence.
PreMacro = [[
/run print("-- PreMacro Script --")
/startattack
]],

— PostMacro is optional macro text that you want executed after every single button press.
— I don’t know what you would need this for, but it’s here anyway.
PostMacro = [[
/run print("-- PostMacro Script --")
]],

— Macro 1
[[
/run print(“Executing macro 1!”)
/cast SpellName1
]],

— Macro 2
[[
/run print(“Executing macro 2!”)
/cast SpellName2
]],

— Macro 3
[[
/run print(“Executing macro 3!”)
/cast SpellName3
]],
}

—-
— Here is a short example which is what most sequences will look like
Sequences[“GnomeExample2”] = {
— Macro 1
[[
/run print(“Executing macro 1!”)
/cast SpellName1
]],

— Macro 2
[[
/run print(“Executing macro 2!”)
/cast SpellName2
]],

— Macro 3
[[
/run print(“Executing macro 3!”)
/cast SpellName3
]],
}

Sequences[‘Ret’] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
‘/cast Judgment’,
‘/cast Crusader Strike’,
‘/cast Exorcism’,
‘/cast !Avenging Wrath’,
‘/cast !Execution Sentence’,
“/cast Templar’s Verdict” ,
‘/cast Hammer of Wrath’,
PostMacro = [[
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
]],
}

this is what i have in the file now. please help me i don’t know what im doing wrong.
if anyone can post a video on this step by step that would be sick!!!

Hello all, I just want o let people know that one of my WOW Accounts just got banned this morning. The main reason was for having a Bot program called “Gnome Sequencer”… I was told that this addon goes against Blizzard’s TOS on having Bot programs… I called Blizzard’s customer service(we all know how helpful they are lol) and I was told that I have a life time ban for breaking a TOS rule for botting… I explained tot he person on the phone about the addon and said I would uninstall it and that did not help at all… Thank God it was my backup Acct… I have uninstall the addon and will never use it again… I tried to copy and paste the email but it was not working… I paste it and it is just a bunch of numbers two pages long… I wish everyone luck with the addon that has not been banned… I will always use WOW LAZY MACROS… this site has been a huge help to me

FOR THE HORDE!!!

Genoern!!!

[quote quote=18203]Hello all, I just want o let people know that one of my WOW Accounts just got banned this morning. The main reason was for having a Bot program called “Gnome Sequencer”…… I was told that this addon goes against Blizzard’s TOS on having Bot programs… I called Blizzard’s customer service(we all know how helpful they are lol) and I was told that I have a life time ban for breaking a TOS rule for botting… I explained tot he person on the phone about the addon and said I would uninstall it and that did not help at all…. Thank God it was my backup Acct… I have uninstall the addon and will never use it again… I tried to copy and paste the email but it was not working… I paste it and it is just a bunch of numbers two pages long… I wish everyone luck with the addon that has not been banned…… I will always use WOW LAZY MACROS… this site has been a huge help to me

FOR THE HORDE!!!

Genoern!!!
[/quote]

Really ? Did they clearly stated that it was because of the GnomeSequencer Addon ?

Or did you use Auto Hot Key too ?

Just want to be sure, because I don’t want to get banned for it.

[quote quote=18203]Hello all, I just want o let people know that one of my WOW Accounts just got banned this morning. The main reason was for having a Bot program called “Gnome Sequencer”….. I was told that this addon goes against Blizzard’s TOS on having Bot programs… I called Blizzard’s customer service(we all know how helpful they are lol) and I was told that I have a life time ban for breaking a TOS rule for botting… I explained tot he person on the phone about the addon and said I would uninstall it and that did not help at all…. Thank God it was my backup Acct.. I have uninstall the addon and will never use it again… I tried to copy and paste the email but it was not working.. I paste it and it is just a bunch of numbers two pages long.. I wish everyone luck with the addon that has not been banned….. I will always use WOW LAZY MACROS… this site has been a huge help to me

FOR THE HORDE!!!

Genoern!!!

hard to believe they would not have called using this add on a BOT, i bet you were using honor buddy or something to, im not sure its even detectable much less against there TOS. Has any one else come across any other bans on this. I was always under the inpression that a BOT program was a program that allowed you to play the game while being away from your computer,

they said that the addon was the same as Auto keying… Plus it was altering WOW files… I told them about the macros that I have been using(meaning the regular ones on here) and they said I can not get in trouble by using them… I did not mention this site to the GM at all… the GM did said in WOD they are bring back the use of Script macros with delays…

I have been playing for 10 years and never used Auto hot key addons… the only way I cheat(I am old and do not like to push a shit load of buttons) is using these macros… Well my friends in WOW say it is cheating and laugh at me cause it takes the fun out of WOW

There is something else you aren’t telling us. I highly doubt you got banned solely for using gnome sequencer. there is no way to detect it’s use because it is not a 3rd party application and still plays within the confines of the sandbox setup for addons to prevent exploitation.

Could the functionality of this addon be disabled in a future hotfix/patch? yes but I doubt that.

To quote the internet… screenshots or it never happened. Let’s see the ban email first and we’ll go from there.

This addon modifies the .Lua file in wow witch if against TOS of Blizz… Steph I do not know why it seems you are in attack Mode but relax… I was just sharing my info and what happen to me… Did I say in anyway that people should not us it?? I said I was not going to use it no more due to one of my Accts. being ban for having that addon that Modified WOW… Sorry I Aggroed you in some way… I hope you find peace…