GS-E2 7.1.5 All Talents Feral

[quote quote=46437]@Leo: you need to manage your 5 point combo skills yourself. The macro cannot know when you have 5 combo points. If you put the finishing abilities into the macro “automatically” they would fire all the time with 1 combo point.
I open with this macro, then use it until I get to 5 combo points. Then I hold SHIFT, then 5 combo points again, then ALT, then 5 combo points I decide – should I use SHIFT again? Control? Alt? You need to decide.
What this macro does is 1. Keep you healed. It will automatically fire regrowth or renewal based on talent. 2. it builds combo points. 3. lets you decide what to DO with the combo points (ie. SHIFT, CONTROL, ALT).
This is INDEED a lazy macro, and IMHO one of the highest performing out there with the best automation. I have not seen another macro that can get REGROWTH off with it is up without shifting out of cat mode.
[/quote]

The Regrowth is not an issue on any macro. If you put this
/console autounshift 0
/cast [@player,combat] Regrowth
/console autounshift 1

You will never be shift out of cat form ever on any macro.

I consider a lazy macro for a 1 button macro like most of the macros on this site are. If you need to use modifiers it turns all harder, specially for the people that mostly use the mouse to play and little bit of the keyboard. Moreover if you have to decide everytime if you will click Alt, or shift or ctrl, or when alt and not shift and so. Complicated.

Found out that the sound toggling errors I was having was due to a combination of using your macro and having the GSE addon cancelling out the UI error sounds and other warnings. However, you still have to use “/console autounshift 1” if you wish to use any move and let the game automatically change your form. This tends to be quite annoying and I had to setup an entirely different macro to hit after each fight, so I can go into Travel Form. Is there a way force the macro to trip the last “/console autounshift 1”? Or is it always going to just do the “/console autounshift 0”? What I’m also saying is that your line for “/console autounshift 1” is being skipped.

Update: For some reason there was “]]” at the end of the “/console autounshift 1” line and there were no “[[” anywhere in the Key Release portion of the macro, so I took those out and the “/console autounshift 1” line seems to actually work now. Now the only problem I see is something TimothyLuke will have to fix. Errors are still showing up in text form.

so if i wanna use my programeble mouse on this, what speed shou i put on it ? in ms that is

[quote quote=46448]so if i wanna use my programeble mouse on this, what speed shou i put on it ? in ms that is
[/quote]

I run my Razer Synapse at 0.08 delay. I think connections speeds and game lag can cause people to have various results. My best advice is to try multiple delays and see what works best for you, but generally I find that if I am having issues with a macro not delivering the results that I expect that if I slow the rotation down they generally do better. This is especially true with a Druid, slow and steady wins the race where capping energy is a bad idea so too is constantly being energy depleted. also when you run a macro faster than the game speed will allow I find that Macros tend to skip abilities and become less predictable.

[quote quote=46436]For me this macro is so hard to use. Why is it so long?. Why it got no recommended talents???.
The use of modifiers like shift, alt and ctrl make this really hard to use. This is not a lazy macro. I am not doing good numbers with it even though im 897 ilevel.
[/quote]

It is so long because I have included every Feral Talent combination, which answers your next question as to why I have “No recommended Talents” . While it is true that within the macro itself there are no recommended talents, if you had read my first post you would see my recommended talents(or at least the talents I like to use) in various scenarios. The macro itself can run any combination that you want. I do this because as a Feral druid to be competitive you must literally tailor make your build for nearly every encounter, there is no one cookie cutter fit all and do ok build.

As for the use of Modifiers I would love nothing more than to have everything neatly bundled under a single key press “one button macro” that would perform. The reality is that it is just not possible to do with a Druid and remain even remotely competitive. There is no way for the addon to account for the number of combo points that you have, whether you have proc’d a regrowth and therefore when to Rip/Rake ect. There are just too many variables that add up to a huge DPS loss. There are plenty of other Macros in the section by other authors and you are more than welcome to try them out. I have Tremors in my hands that prevent me from weaving the button mashing web that is required by Feral play, and this is as close to a “Lazy Macro” as I could conceive and still not waste Combo Points/DPS.

[quote quote=46440]Found out that the sound toggling errors I was having was due to a combination of using your macro and having the GSE addon cancelling out the UI error sounds and other warnings. However, you still have to use “/console autounshift 1” if you wish to use any move and let the game automatically change your form. This tends to be quite annoying and I had to setup an entirely different macro to hit after each fight, so I can go into Travel Form. Is there a way force the macro to trip the last “/console autounshift 1”? Or is it always going to just do the “/console autounshift 0”? What I’m also saying is that your line for “/console autounshift 1” is being skipped.
Update: For some reason there was “]]” at the end of the “/console autounshift 1” line and there were no “[[” anywhere in the Key Release portion of the macro, so I took those out and the “/console autounshift 1” line seems to actually work now. Now the only problem I see is something TimothyLuke will have to fix. Errors are still showing up in text form.
[/quote]

Glad you figured out the sound issue, though I don’t notice any issues. I will investigate the extra “]]” though again I run this daily and have not noticed an issue.

update: I looked back at the import string and you are correct that there was an erroneous “]]” at the end of that line that should not have been there. not sure where is came from but Thank you for pointing it out. I have updated the original post.

[quote quote=46438]

@Leo: you need to manage your 5 point combo skills yourself. The macro cannot know when you have 5 combo points. If you put the finishing abilities into the macro “automatically” they would fire all the time with 1 combo point. I open with this macro, then use it until I get to 5 combo points. Then I hold SHIFT, then 5 combo points again, then ALT, then 5 combo points I decide – should I use SHIFT again? Control? Alt? You need to decide. What this macro does is 1. Keep you healed. It will automatically fire regrowth or renewal based on talent. 2. it builds combo points. 3. lets you decide what to DO with the combo points (ie. SHIFT, CONTROL, ALT). This is INDEED a lazy macro, and IMHO one of the highest performing out there with the best automation. I have not seen another macro that can get REGROWTH off with it is up without shifting out of cat mode.

The Regrowth is not an issue on any macro. If you put this /console autounshift 0 /cast [@player,combat] Regrowth /console autounshift 1 You will never be shift out of cat form ever on any macro. I consider a lazy macro for a 1 button macro like most of the macros on this site are. If you need to use modifiers it turns all harder, specially for the people that mostly use the mouse to play and little bit of the keyboard. Moreover if you have to decide everytime if you will click Alt, or shift or ctrl, or when alt and not shift and so. Complicated. [/quote]

Absolutely correct that anytime the lines:

/console autounshift 0
/cast [@player,combat] Regrowth
/console autounshift 1

are used that you should not have an issue casting Regrowth’s without swapping forms, That being said I would also like to point out that I did not come up with that bit, I borrowed the idea from Spitz macro.

At the end of the day Leo if you don’t like the macro and the Modifiers portion of it then this is probably not the Macro for you and I respect that. There are plenty of other Macros on the forums, I believe Cymiryc has a true “one button” macro that has a specific talent choice setup that performs well.

Just a note - I was reminded as I switched servers and my keybinds all reset - you need to make sure your modifier keys are not already bound to something. I put my macro’s on button 1. So - I need to make sure Shift+1 and Control+1 and Alt+1 are not already bound. In the default interface Control+1 and Shift+1 are bound to action bars - so watch out!

Also - if you are using AHK to mash the buttons - note that the script you are using is “probably” just sending “1” over and over again when you hold it down. Control and Shift and Alt will not cast - so you will need to change you AHK script to cast “Control+1” when you hold Control+1.

I have switched to just using a mouse - my Logitech lets me hold a button and it repeats a key - it also obeys the control, shift and alt - so that works for me.

I’m working on some BIG changes to refine my Macros a bit more and to attempt to make them a little more user friendly at least for things like WQ and just general instancing game play. I still believe that the [modifier] method is the best way to achieve top end numbers in raid ect. but I acknowledge that it is inconvenient for everyday use. I am working slowly ATM as I had an accident a few weeks ago and broke a bone in my hand and ruptured a tendon so I am typing one handed for now :stuck_out_tongue:

In terms of the latest patch my macros work fine as is, though possibly not optimal for now. I am tweaking.

Leo before blasting this macro you should probably get a grasp on how the rotation of a feral druid has become very situational on what spells to do when…regrowth isn’t there to benefit your health its there to proc bloodtalons which is necessary to maximize your dps, and as for casting regrowth itself its a free instant cast if while your predatory swiftness is active which is activated with a 4-5 CP finishing move…if your not making that happen as much as possible then your just wasting time playing feral…

I cant stand Modifiers but unless I want to do everything manually this macro is dam close to being legit…

I hope to see some improvements on it but yea…good job here

When i use this macro, almost every other mob will evade for some reason. Any idea why that would be?

edit:n/m figured out why. its Incarnation, which allows me to restealth in combat, and worthless in solo content.

Edit2:Added a group modifier for prowl, fixed

[quote quote=48394]When i use this macro, almost every other mob will evade for some reason. Any idea why that would be?
edit:n/m figured out why. its Incarnation, which allows me to restealth in combat, and worthless in solo content.
Edit2:Added a group modifier for prowl, fixed
[/quote]

Good catch! I’ll be sure to add the [group] conditional to the macro for the next release. Thanks for the input and the problem solving!

It might be better to make a number two macro for dungeons\raid since even while in a group you might be solo fighting something and get the evade.

But the [group] tag will certainly reduce the occurrences.

Thanks for the call out, great macro.

Hey great macro but I have a problem with the Aoe macro.
When I press shit, alt or ctrl, nothing happens there

@SkRiLex1, make sure you UNBIND all of the ALT, CONTROL, SHIFT key bindings in your menu. There will be A LOT of them! You will have to do this with each different “character”.

It takes a few minutes but then you can use macros that have modifiers, such as Alt, Control, Shift.