GSE 2.6.23 - Released for both Retail, PTR and Beta

Hey Tim, there is an issue in 2.6.16, that I cannot save any changes in new macros loaded from this server.

Edit//
ok its weird. Its something in this code I cannot save:
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target/combat Agony, Corruption, Unstable Affliction, Siphon Life, null
/cast [mod:alt] Malefic Rapture
/cast [mod:shift, nochanneling] Dark Soul: Misery

1 Like

Thanks @markofit

I cant get the error to occur so this at least gives me something to go on.

Ditto for me it does not make me modify macros by error translator api etc.

This Line Here: /cast [mod:shift, nochanneling] Dark Soul: Misery the : was causing the updated code for getting Base Spells to break.

@TimothyLuke

He m8!

I got the error also wen i want to copy a /castsequence line…
I think the error comes from , null in the macro…

Message: Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\Translator.lua:726: Usage: FindBaseSpellNameByID(spellID)
Time: Mon Oct 19 14:04:33 2020
Count: 5
Stack: Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\Translator.lua:726: Usage: FindBaseSpellNameByID(spellID)
[string “=(tail call)”]: ?
[string “=[C]”]: in function FindBaseSpellByID' [string "@Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\Translator.lua"]:726: in function GetSpellId’
[string “@Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\Translator.lua”]:254: in function TranslateSpell' [string "@Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\Translator.lua"]:164: in function TranslateString’
[string “@Interface\AddOns\GSE\API\Translator.lua”]:16: in function TranslateSequence' [string "@Interface\AddOns\GSE_GUI\GUIFunctions.lua"]:127: in function GUIUpdateSequenceDefinition’
[string “@Interface\AddOns\GSE_GUI\Editor.lua”]:247: in function <Interface\AddOns\GSE_GUI\Editor.lua:231>
[string “=[C]”]: ?
[string “@Interface\AddOns\AddOnSkins\Libs\Ace3\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.lua”]:72: in function <…ddOns\AddOnSkins\Libs\Ace3\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.lua:70>
[string “@Interface\AddOns\AddOnSkins\Libs\Ace3\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.lua”]:306: in function `Fire’
[string “@Interface\AddOns\AddOnSkins\Libs\Ace3\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-Button.lua”]:22: in function <…Libs\Ace3\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-Button.lua:19>

1 Like

This is an example of how to help me fix your issues. Instead of posting “I had a problem at line xxxxxx” without any context, this actually gave me somewhere to look to replicate the problem. Dont get me wrong the error at line x is important but its only half the story and often times all i can respond with is “yes an error occured”.

What is not realised is that of the 500k lines of code that makes up GSE a lot of it is continually reused. All the translating spell stuff for exaple is used when saving, its used when showing you the information in the editor, its used when your macro is running. the context means i know where in the 500k lines to look.

I do a series of tests each build. You can see the results starting here: Travis CI - Test and Deploy Your Code with Confidence These tests check that I can save and update and that the change gets past all the known gotchas. I dont push out builds as releases for you guys to test. I push a release when I am confident its not going to break things for you and it will work like before. The more useful, troubleshooting information you can give me the faster I can solve the problem. This is where Issues · TimothyLuke/GSE-Advanced-Macro-Compiler · GitHub is so important. This is a place to discuss GSE problems and gather all the information into one place and keeps this site clear to discuss things that matter like macros.

BTW the 2.6.17 build should fix the no saving for those of you who experience it.

1 Like

I’ll try the new update, thx, but as far as I can tell, I tried it before you posted your answer, it seemed like the only thing I couldn’t save was the line where it was null. So I think it was a null expression.

@nicki-kra WHen BFA started we manually kept a list of basespells and overrides. When this expansion hit while trying to find a better way of translating i came across a function that gave the base for an override. The problem occured when trying to save the name of a spell you dont know or one that had some weird characters in it. As you dont know ‘null’ it couldnt find the base spell for it

This change was the underlying cause: Investigate the alternatives to Base Spells and Spell Link over Spell Info · Issue #724 · TimothyLuke/GSE-Advanced-Macro-Compiler · GitHub

null, spells you didnt know (in my case Dark Soul: Misery as I only have a level 35 lock) or even the monk spell “Storm, Earth, Fire” would all break it - as I didn’t use any of those it didn’t come up in my testing

1 Like

Thanks for your very quickly reaction and fix, you are the best man :slight_smile:

1 Like

So resuming the problem was --> : <-- that was not calling the spell ids ?

Jeez, so much code to redo the tests right?

Anyways, your last update fixed it.

Thanks

quick question, I’m adding some Stormstrike lines to my macro. I save my work and when I go back into edit. My Stormstrikes are converted to Primal Strike. Any suggestions?

It’s supposed to do that. Primal strike is the base spell for Stormstrikes. If you put /cast primal strike into your macro, it will fire storm strikes if that has replaced primal strike because of a talent it proc etc. however if you put stormstrikes and don’t have the talent or proc it will either do nothing if it’s a cast line, or lock your macro if it’s in a castsequence line.

Shadow priests have a case where they explicitly need to cast the updated version of a spell and only in a unique circumstance so they can prefix that line with $$

Hello, just a minor problem, after loading the macro for BM Hunter, it got the right spell to editor (Cobra Shot), but after saving and reopening, Cobra was renamed Steady Shot.

@markofit
You sure you were in BM spec and not MM? Which Macro?

No that is working as expected. GSE stores the BASE SPELL. Changing Talents, Procs and changing specs change the base spell into something. The base spell is Steady Shot but when you change to Beast Master it changes to Cobra Shot. It’s the same with Priests. The base spell is Flash Heal and when you swap to shadow it changes to Shadowmend. putting /cast Steady Shot in your macro will in fact cast Cobra Shot if you are in BM same as /cast Flash Heal will cast Shadowmend if you are shadow spec’d

In the past, I had a list of what changed into what and it was hit and miss. GSE now uses WoW’s internal list of what the base spells are and what the updated ones are.

1 Like

You are right, in logs there is nicely see a Cobra Shot was firing :slight_smile:

When I saw it happening for spells I wasn’t expecting - I freaked initially.

There is the ability to put $$/cast xxxxxx the $$ at the start of the line means use this explicitly listed version. This is handy again for the Shadow priests who need to cast Void Bolt while channeling a specific spell.

1 Like

Yup, that was a very awesome addition to your GSE :+1:

not working, it is just saying the line into air.
$$/cast [combat] [nochanneling] Cobra Shot