Hardware Macro Data

Someone else has posted a topic asking about hardware macro speeds etc for firing off GS. I would like to get many people together and test data as a group in order to collect as many results as possible. With world lag at 60-80 MS, lag tolerance in the combat tab set to 0 MS, and the hardware macro time set to .023 seconds (I have been testing this in .001 second increments), I have gotten the best results with regards to using abilities as soon as they come off cooldown without skipping anything. This is using a GS macro with 3 lines of abilities. I would like other people to conduct tests and compile data so we can really get as close to maximum DPS as possible.

Thank you

[quote quote=22116]the hardware macro time set to .023 seconds (I have been testing this in .001 second increments)
[/quote]

Blizzard has said that they most defiantly do not like anything less than .05 (20 times a second) it is considered spamming/ flooding and you may get shut down in a raid or LFR on a busy night.

That being said you are well outside of statistical probability and world noise by incrementing at .001. I have already given my thoughts on timing elsewhere on the forums.

[quote quote=22125]

<div class=“d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Will wrote:</div>the hardware macro time set to .023 seconds (I have been testing this in .001 second increments)

Blizzard has said that they most defiantly do not like anything less than .05 (20 times a second) it is considered spamming/ flooding and you may get shut down in a raid or LFR on a busy night. That being said you are well outside of statistical probability and world noise by incrementing at .001. I have already given my thoughts on timing elsewhere on the forums. [/quote]

Already given my thoughts elsewhere on the forums, very helpful there Robert.

[quote quote=22116]Someone else has posted a topic asking about hardware macro speeds etc for firing off GS. I would like to get many people together and test data as a group in order to collect as many results as possible. With world lag at 60-80 MS, lag tolerance in the combat tab set to 0 MS, and the hardware macro time set to .023 seconds (I have been testing this in .001 second increments), I have gotten the best results with regards to using abilities as soon as they come off cooldown without skipping anything. This is using a GS macro with 3 lines of abilities. I would like other people to conduct tests and compile data so we can really get as close to maximum DPS as possible.
Thank you
[/quote]

I’ve been running at .04 since before high maul launched and have raided with it using an 8 line stepped macro with pre and post macros. It has worked fine and I very rarely have a delayed cast (even then only by miliseconds). .04 or .05 should be fine. Because GS isn’t a true priority, even with a step function, there will always be casts out of order given a large enough sample size as there is always an element of chance.

I’d say anything in the .03-.05 range should be perfectly fine, smaller macros can use a larger time, longer ones may need to be slightly smaller.

You are welcome.

Despite your implications otherwise, it is quite helpful as it encourages people to search and keeps topics in a single location.

Also, your suggestion will still get the player throttled potentially for the reason I already mentioned above. That is not helpful, and thank you for helping make up my mind on another subject altogether.